PDA

View Full Version : SKS legality

Anteater1717
07-18-2007, 1:40 PM
Is it legal to buy a sks (not a Yugoslavian) from out of state? Hypothetically would it be legal to buy a Russian sks from lets say Ohio on the internet and have it shipped to a FFL in ca?

I have heard itís not from several people and just want to here what you guys have to say.

AJAX22
07-18-2007, 1:53 PM
You can buy any non Assult weapon long gun you want from out of state.

So as long as your SKS is not a russian or chinese that takes detachable magazines then you are in the clear.

And if it does take detachable magazines, you need to have it shipped dissasembled so you can put a bullet button on it.

tonb
07-18-2007, 2:18 PM
Also, you can't import one with the gernade launcher attachment on the barrel.

PsychoTrucker
07-18-2007, 2:20 PM
now are we talking about the ak style mags for the detachables or the "duckbill" type mags

bigthaiboy
07-18-2007, 2:57 PM
So as long as your SKS is not a russian or chinese that takes detachable magazines then you are in the clear.

I'm not aware of any Russian made SKS which takes an AK type (unless it was a civilian conversion) as they came out of the factory with the standard fixed pivot 10rd magazine. These are legal in CA. The Chinese NORINCO SKS manufactured for the civilian market is different. The chinese however did built a model of SKS (Type 84) with detachable magazines and these are listed by name and banned in CA.

Any other SKS variant (other than Yugo 59/66) is legal, unless the previous owner has bubba-ized it by adding, a pistol grip, folding stock, flash hider, etc contrary to SB23.

simonov
07-18-2007, 6:07 PM
I just bought three from these guys in Tennessee: http://sales.squirrelfirearms.com/sks/

CSACANNONEER
07-18-2007, 8:07 PM
now are we talking about the ak style mags for the detachables or the "duckbill" type mags

Any SKS with detachable mags. Any kind of mags. Of course, you should use the search funtion and read everything you can find here relating to SKSs.