View Full Version : 980S-CF VS 925

10-28-2012, 7:46 PM
This is a 980 vs 925 only thread

So... I have the option to purchase the Marlin 980 or 925 for a good price on either.

I really don't care about the Price between the two but I'm looking for functionality. Is it really worth it to get the stainless? Its a little flashy and I already have a stainless 10/22 target.

The main purpose is to train my wife and eventually my daughter the right way to shoot with iron sights. It will also be used as a squirrel gun/survival rifle with iron sights only.

I liked the weatherproofing of the stainless (especially in a survival scenario) but I'm not a big fan of the flashyness (in a survival scenario).

Should I just get the stainless and wrap it?
Our should I stick with the plain Jane 925 and not worry about the weather proofing.

The main reason I want one of these two is because they are both pre remlins and they fit what I'm looking for.

Thanks guys

10-28-2012, 8:15 PM
I dig the stainless. I have the 980cf and the barrel is fantastic. Very accurate. The trigger sucks, tho. Replaced it with a Riflebasix and now it's the best precision trigger I have ever felt.

10-28-2012, 8:33 PM
I like the overall look of the stainless too but can go without the super shiny. Does it dull down after a while?

I'm too cheap to go sandblasted

10-28-2012, 8:46 PM
Nah, looks like the day I bought it. Even shot it in the rain a couple times.

10-31-2012, 9:47 AM
Thanks for the input

Any other thoughts on this....besides buying both