PDA

View Full Version : How to fixed a Magpul CTR and UBR?

Jicko
07-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Any good ideas how to make a Magpul CTR and/or UBR a "non-telescoping" stock?

PS. is UBR available yet? :D

shark92651
07-18-2007, 1:10 PM
The UBR is not out yet (I grow tired of asking them so I just assume it will get here when it gets here). Personally, I would not want to drill a hole in a brand new $245 UBR stock but I imagine a bolt or rivet through the stock and the bottom rib of the receiver extension would do the trick. On the CTR there could possibly be a more elegant way to do it by fixing the locking lever somehow. Maybe someone else that has done it will pipe in.

REDHORSE
07-18-2007, 1:19 PM

I'd just blind pin the stock to the buffer tube.

Drill a small hole through one side of the stock into the lower buffer protrusion. Don't drill completely through. Then insert a roll pin. I believe a blind pin would be construed as an fixed stock. A blind pin, would be difficult to remove and thus considered a permanent mod (IMHO)?

Don't drill into the tube itself, where it would interfere with the recoil buffer & recoil spring. Just into the protrusion hanging from the bottom of the buffer tube, where the collapsible stock latches onto.

Jicko
07-18-2007, 2:06 PM
I don't think there is a "perm" definition for non-telescoping stock.... so, I think, you can put a screw like anywhere and as long as you can flip a lever or some sort, and extend/retract that stock... it should be good....

xenophobe
07-18-2007, 2:09 PM

UBR? Yeah, take a $250 stock and drill holes in it. Absolutely brilliant. :p

ar15barrels
07-18-2007, 2:13 PM
UBR? Yeah, take a $250 stock and drill holes in it. Absolutely brilliant. :p

The UBR is going to use an entry buffer tube, not a carbine buffer tube so there is not really enough metal to pin the stock to the metal.
The thing about the UBR is that it has a seperate piece that slides onto the buffer tube before the stock slides on that piece.
So, you would have to drill through both parts of the stock to keep them from being able to retract/extend.

http://ar15barrels.com/tech/stocks.jpg

mltrading
07-18-2007, 2:37 PM
Uhmm.... the wait for UBR is way too long.....Magpul even won't accept orders for UBR.:kest:

Jicko
07-18-2007, 2:46 PM
They are too busy fixing their PMAG's problems. And they figured out that selling 20 PMAGs make them much more money than selling 1 UBR....