PDA

View Full Version : PSL/FPK fever?

mltrading
07-18-2007, 9:47 AM
Suddenly, there are a lot of PSL/FPK/ROMAK3 for sale on GunBroker.com, both completed rifles and parts kits.

What happened to the market?:confused:

Josh3239
07-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Don't know but I picked one up from GunBroker. A bit of a spur of the moment purchase, but it'll be fun. Going to DROS it from James Maddox hopefully today.

DJDace
07-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Suddenly, there are a lot of PSL/FPK/ROMAK3 for sale on GunBroker.com, both completed rifles and parts kits.

A ROMAK 3 or a PSL would probably be the only AK style rifle I'd like to own (barring the totally awesome Saiga-12 that is).

It's still a bit of a ways down my priority list though, which is too bad cause I can only see the market getting drier and drier over time.

PanzerAce
07-18-2007, 10:48 AM
I would love to own a PSL (hell, if I lived in a free state, it probably would be the only rifle I had). But I just got a K-31, and I need to save for awhile. Plus, untill SB-23 is nullified, I really don't see a comfortable way to have a drop mag.

Socal858
07-18-2007, 11:05 AM
i just got started into reloading , otherwise id have money to pick one up and blast cheap commie-surp

Q
07-18-2007, 11:14 AM
The price went up 200-300 when they dried up last year..Now, I think everyone has them in stock again. I almost got one last year. I hopefully will get one next year or sooner, I like the ssg name better. :) I've seen a few with cracked handguards so I think that is a thing to look for when buying one. I think the handguards are hard to replace..

TheMan
07-18-2007, 11:43 AM
The handguard cracks are very common.

There was a guy on another board that was making custom stocks and handguards for FPK, but he never responded to my IMs.

He also makes a custom non pistol grip stock(kinda like the JAE-100 stock). I think it is for Saigas, but if he were to make one similar for the FPK, I'd be all over it.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19510

There was another board that showed more pics of his work, but I can't seem to find the link now.

69Mach1
07-18-2007, 7:53 PM
If Interordnance does have them in stock, they have the best deals for the SSG-97/PSL. They won't ship it here though, but we have ways around that don't we.;)
http://ioinc.us/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IO&Product_Code=ROMA0001&Category_Code=Long+Guns

Classic arms has them too.
http://www.classicarms.us/

Shooting a filled thumbhole stock (to use detachable magazines) is very comfortable.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/FIVESIXTN/th_hkSONY488.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/FIVESIXTN/?action=view&current=hkSONY488.flv)

neomentat
07-18-2007, 8:07 PM

a big shipment of Romak3 parts kits and receivers just hit the shores a month ago or so, just about every online shop that sells parts kits have them in stock and are going for around $490 bucks for a complete parts kit with 4 mags. $200ish for the receiver

If anyone finds a dealer who will ship the rifle to CA plz let me know, I've been wanting one of these for a longggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time.

StevieG
07-18-2007, 8:26 PM
What kind of accuracy can you expect from these rifles?

virulosity
07-18-2007, 9:02 PM
It really depends on the rifle. With the right ammo I have heard of owners with sub MOA groups common. On the other hand many will shoot 2-3 MOA as well. It should be said that where the 54r cartridge shines is at longer ranges because of its aerodynamics.

PanzerAce
07-18-2007, 11:13 PM
I have heard that with match/sniper ammo, as long as you take your time to let the barrel cool b/w strings, you can pull MOA.

mltrading
07-19-2007, 9:20 AM
What kind of accuracy can you expect from these rifles?

I heard that such rifles are considered as sharp-shooter rifles instead of real sniper rifles.

I guess MOA accuracy is not a problem.

olegk
07-19-2007, 9:43 AM
I have heard that with match/sniper ammo, as long as you take your time to let the barrel cool b/w strings, you can pull MOA.

Yep, first two shots going into sub MOA.
Shooting Bulgarian surplus I easy make 2 inch group at 100 yards.

grammaton76
07-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Century had a big batch of them a while back. Plenty of folks bought one or two just so they could resell 'em on Gunbroker.

|-007-|
07-20-2007, 12:07 PM
I definitely need to shoot one someday. As long as they keep making them, I might eventually have the money for one.

shooterx10
07-20-2007, 1:48 PM
Any out of state vendor willing to ship the PSL / Romak 3 here without the thumbhole buttstock or at least have it replaced with the Romanian AK-74 buttstock and no pistol grip?

grammaton76
07-20-2007, 1:49 PM
Any out of state vendor willing to ship the PSL / Romak 3 without the thumbhole stock or at least have it replaced with the Romanian AK-74 buttstock?

CWS. Heck, we were selling them at the Del Mar gun show. Believe all those rifles are spoken for now, though.

M. Sage
07-20-2007, 5:59 PM
I would love to own a PSL (hell, if I lived in a free state, it probably would be the only rifle I had). But I just got a K-31, and I need to save for awhile. Plus, untill SB-23 is nullified, I really don't see a comfortable way to have a drop mag.

Fill the hole in the thumbhole, pretty easy and comfy, actually. I'm going to go that route on my Romy.