PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat UT-15 legal?

shlonak
07-17-2007, 10:09 PM

aplinker
07-17-2007, 10:12 PM
If it says "UT-15" and not "AR-15" then no, it's not a listed rifle. Anything written differently in make/model makes it off-list.

I think others will chime in here, but IIRC Wilson stuff is just scavenged parts from other manufacturers, so you wouldn't be really accomplishing what you set out to do.

If you want high-quality, off list and one manufacturer, I'm betting everyone here could agree LMT would be a good choice.

hoffmang
07-17-2007, 10:18 PM
I forget. One of the Wilson's is listed and one is not. I have the records somewhere but does someone know off the top their head?

-Gene

aplinker
07-17-2007, 10:19 PM
I forget. One of the Wilson's is listed and one is not. I have the records somewhere but does someone know off the top their head?

-Gene

Yes, it's the "AR-15".

I bet Wilson formed a committee to decide to name theirs that. So creative.

hoffmang
07-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Ok, so I looked. Wilson Combat AR-15 is listed. Wilson Tactical is not listed at all. Make sure that it is a UT-15 on the side and not an AR-15 on the side.

-Gene

carsonwales
07-18-2007, 8:25 AM
Gene is right....Wilson Tactical is not Wilson Combat...two completely separate companies with separate licenses.

Wilson Tactical is owned by Wilson's son Ryan.

Though both are located in Berryville Arizona, they have different address'.

I just filled out DROS for 3 Wilson Tactical lowers yesterday. Take possession next Friday.

Happy hunting.

CW

http://www.wilsontactical.com/

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/index.htm

Steyr_223
07-18-2007, 9:32 AM
Wilson Tactical should be ok in Cali. However, I know Ben and the guys had a problem with CA DOJ and the WT lowers in the early Milpitas OLL group buys..I think I ordered an WT but got an Amtec instead. The Amtec worked great.

S

xenophobe
07-18-2007, 9:46 AM
I am looking for a high quality complete off list AR Carbine with all parts from one manufacturer.

Not a single manufacturer makes all the parts.