PDA

View Full Version : New 6.5 Grendel Barrel

wildcard
07-17-2007, 2:57 PM
Sorry.. no pics because I just ordered it. It's going to be a long 3 month wait. Here's the specs though:

BARREL
Maker: Satern Custom Machining
Length: 19.5"
Twist: 1/8.6"
Finish: Bead blast

Quite a price tag on it and I still need to pick up dies, brass, and reloading components! Not to mention the rest of the upper and optics! Must be patient and buy slowly.. who am i kidding :p

DJDace
07-17-2007, 4:10 PM
I hope for your sake it really IS 3 months, cause everyone else that I have seen that has ordered a 6.5 Grendel barrel from Satern has had a long long wait due to barrel extentions and severe backlog.

Everything about getting a 6.5 Grendel rifle is so backed up it's insane. Which is too bad cause I was so stoked about getting a rifle chambered for the cartridge and seeing what it could do!

Good luck on it, I really do hope you don't have a long wait, cause those of us that do know how bad it sucks.

wildcard
07-17-2007, 4:51 PM
Yeah, I was quoted 4 - 7 weeks + the time they're going to be at Camp Perry I believe. I rounded up to 3 months. They said the barrel extensions and such were all just coming in. I really don't mind the wait since there'll be plenty of other things I need to buy before I'm ready to shoot it. To all those that are considering the 6.5 Grendel: do it but order your parts now because it'll take awhile. By the time you get the barrel and/ or upper, maybe you'll have your ammo, components, and accessories. That's of course unless you have the $$$ to throw it all down at once.. then you'll just have to wait :)

DJDace
07-17-2007, 4:56 PM
Yeah I tried to do just that :) I ordered my Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel upper back on the 4th of April. After that I slowly started ordering the parts I would need to complete the rifle ... lower, parts kits, 2 stage trigger, PRS stock, Larue optics mount, IOR Scope, bipod, mags, rail covers, MIAD grip and about 300 rounds of various ammo.

EVERYTHING else came in before the Upper :P

C.G.
07-17-2007, 6:17 PM
I think you will find that it will be worth the wait. I had to wait almost six months for my AA upper, so I feel your pain.

Fjold
07-17-2007, 8:30 PM
Why is the wait longer for the 6.5 grendel longer than any other cartidge? It ain't rocket science, it's machining.

C.G.
07-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Why is the wait llonger for the 6.5 grendel longer than any other cartidge? It ain't rocket science, it's machining.

Try to get .338 LM from Spider Arms.

Or better yet, from Timberwolf.

DJDace
07-18-2007, 11:09 AM
I think you will find that it will be worth the wait. I had to wait almost six months for my AA upper, so I feel your pain.

I have the utmost faith that I will be very happy with the purchase. All of the information and praise offered by the 6.5 Grendel shooting community has secured that.

In the meantime I will take my cowboy guns out to the range and blow up some fruit to pass the time while I wait.