PDA

View Full Version : About to order my Stag 1H Upper Recever - Last piece to my first build!

BlackReef
07-16-2007, 5:21 PM
Right now I have:

Spikes OLL
Stag LPK
Stag M4 Stock

and now I am about to order the final piece to my first build, the Stag 1H

This is an important milestone in my life because I know this build will be the first of many. Thought I would share with all the CalGuns brothers here that have helped me and given me advice and knowledge on AR-15's

Can't wait to get it in the mail so I can post pics!

BTW, getting the best deal on it around @ $499 at RifleGear.com

Thanks again everybody
-Joe

wewex
07-16-2007, 5:49 PM
Model 1H $ 489.50 at LanWorld here>>> http://lanworldinc.com/Stag%20Arms.htm

eviioiive
07-16-2007, 5:50 PM
get a middy... like the one im selling... ;)

BlackReef
07-16-2007, 6:03 PM
Model 1H $ 489.50 at LanWorld here>>> http://lanworldinc.com/Stag%20Arms.htm

Dave at RifleGear.com can get it to me in 2 days, the other place requires atleast a week. Not worth $10

cobra198
07-16-2007, 7:40 PM
Nice.... im in the exact position you are in right now. Only I purchased an RRA middy upper (to finish my first build) about 2.5 weeks ago. I have been surfing the forums and now people are saying some rra stuff is taking forever to come in (were talking months in some cases i guess). Yikes! Now im forced to sit and stare at my Almost finished AR!! What torture!!!

Anyways, Ill be lookin for ur pics when you get the upper in. Enjoy!

thefinger
07-16-2007, 8:21 PM
oh man, post some pics when you get that bad boy together!

BlackReef
07-17-2007, 2:03 PM
The anticipation is killing me. I think the order shipped off this morning. Tracking # just says "Shipping Info Received" I'm sure it will be here tommorow, but I can't wait. I couldn't even sleep last night and I tried to sleep in today to make the day seem shorter. lol pathetic, eh?

shark92651
07-17-2007, 6:51 PM
I dropped it off at the post office around 9am this morning. You sound like a kid on Christmas eve :) I know the feeling...

BlackReef
07-17-2007, 7:25 PM
Thanks for the fine service. You've always shipped off products just hours after the order. It's in the hands of USPS now. =) I keep checking my front doorstep every couple hours hoping I missed 'em. Oh well another sleepless night

Thanks again bro
-Joe

EDIT: BTW, I'm going to wait and order the sling when you get your 10/30s in. Shoot me a PM when you get them, ya?

BlackReef
07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
ehh, its turning into crunch-time. My ol' lady will be home in a few hours after visiting with her mom. IF the $500 upper receiver comes when she is home, I am in some deeeeep ****. My plan was to have the part here and assembled onto my lower, and have the gun stored in my closet before she got here.

Im getting nervous....:cool2:

RobG
07-18-2007, 11:52 AM
WHO CARES... GO BOLTS!!!

I am still P.O. about last season...:banghead:

I hear ya tho. I always order so I get stuff on Thurs. or Fri., days when she works...:43:

Socal858
07-18-2007, 12:04 PM
I dropped it off at the post office around 9am this morning. You sound like a kid on Christmas eve :) I know the feeling...

you think hes excited now? wiat till he assembles it ;)

shark92651
07-18-2007, 12:05 PM
I sent you a PM. According to USPS it was delivered at 9:16 this morning - could it be at an office or mailroom or something? Like I said in the PM, if she finds out and is upset - you don't know me, ok? :D

BlackReef
07-18-2007, 12:22 PM
lol, your going down with me man...haha

sent you a PM

RobG - Yes, I have a deep deep hatred for the Patriots now, more so than in the years past. I gurantee the Bolts will atleast win the AFC Championship this year. I have a real good feeling

BlackReef
07-18-2007, 12:42 PM
ok ok calm down, everyone can relax

called USPS, the package is at the Rancho Cucamonga hub and will be out for delivery today.

EDIT: Don't relax. Just called kim and she is in Lake Elsinore in route to apartment. ETA is less than an hour. good god

ar15barrels
07-18-2007, 1:09 PM
ok ok calm down, everyone can relax

called USPS, the package is at the Rancho Cucamonga hub and will be out for delivery today.

EDIT: Don't relax. Just called kim and she is in Lake Elsinore in route to apartment. ETA is less than an hour. good god

I predict that she beats the USPS driver.
Perhaps they will arrive at exactly the same time.

Remember this:

"What new gun?
I've had this thing for years.
I just sent it off to be repaired and now it's home."

BlackReef
07-18-2007, 2:46 PM
yes. She pulled in just minutes before the USPS driver pulled in. When I saw the USPS driver through the window I darted downstairs into the parking lot and intercepted her. I got the package, but my success was short lived. As I'm walking into the apartment, I hear "what's in the box, Joe?", followed by "Is that one of your stupid gun parts?". Damn. Long story short I sweet talked her and helped her carry her bags and some groceries she got. Didn't help much, but every little bit helps. I got to our bedroom and closed and locked the door. I opened the box and I see "STAG ARMS" (goosebumps) and I open the box and sweet jesus its beautiful. I run into the closet and grab the assembled lower, and click-click the rifle is assembled. First impression, it was a little heavier than I expected, which I like, alot. It's not too heavy though. I couldn't control myself and went into the living room to show Kim. That was immediately followed by "I don't like guns! Get it away!" blah blah.

She loves 'em, she is just mad at me right now.

Anyways I want to give a HUGE thanks to David @ RifleGear.com. He has really gone above and beyond not just with this part, but all the other rifle parts I have ordered from him. He even checked my package delivery at USPS.com to ensure it was going to be here on time. Definately buy from his site, you will be very happy you did. Not to mention he has the lowest prices I've seen anywhere.

I'm going to post pics in a few minutes...

ar15barrels
07-18-2007, 3:03 PM
First impression, it was a little heavier than I expected, which I like, alot. It's not too heavy though.

That weight will eventually get to bothering you, especially if you add any stuff to it...
Have no fear though as I can put it on a diet for you.

It sounds like you did not remember what I just told you to remember...

BlackReef
07-18-2007, 3:18 PM
It sounds like you did not remember what I just told you to remember...

I was compromised and taken by surpise, and cracked under pressure. sorry mate :)