PDA

View Full Version : OLL legal question

ffosty
07-16-2007, 9:09 AM
Im doing a build for an OLL AR-15. The question is: Is an 14.5 inch barrel leagal in California? I want to do a M-4 SOPMOD build but im not sure about the short barrel.

Don
ST 7
Al Asad Iraq

moulton
07-16-2007, 9:14 AM
Im doing a build for an OLL AR-15. The question is: Is an 14.5 inch barrel leagal in California? I want to do a M-4 SOPMOD build but im not sure about the short barrel.

Don
SEAL TEAM 7
Al Asad Iraq

you need to perminently fix a muzzel break or flashhider to the end of the barrel to get over the 16 inch fedral limit, since you cant get a sbr in kali

SemiAutoSam
07-16-2007, 9:25 AM
NO barrels are limited to 16 inches. Any barrel on a Rifle under 16 inches would place the rifle into a title 2 class of weapon.

A rifle with a barrel less than 16 inches is a NFA weapon. Its a violation of federal law. Unless you have a tax stamp from BATF. that would cost you 200.00 and you would have to live in a free state. fill out forms get local CLEO sign off.

Check the BATF website to learn more about this.

Im doing a build for an OLL AR-15. The question is: Is an 14 inch barrel legal in California? I want to do a M-4 SOPMOD build but im not sure about the short barrel.

Don
SEAL TEAM 7
Al Asad Iraq

SemiAutoSam
07-16-2007, 9:28 AM
NO see post in your other thread.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=63510

Why are you posting the same question more than once ?

A 14 inch barrel isnt legal anywhere in the US unless you have a $200.00 tax stamp.

Technical Ted
07-16-2007, 9:49 AM
You can use a 14.5" bbl, but to bring it up to the minimum 16" bbl Federal requirement a muzzle device (muzzle brake or flash suppressor) will have to be pinned and welded "permanently" to the muzzle.

chiefcrash
07-16-2007, 9:50 AM
Why are you posting the same question more than once ?

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/5012/hahaimusingtehinternet4cb5.jpg

'nuff said

Shane916
07-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Up to 3 threads now :D

Jicko
07-16-2007, 10:46 AM

Don
SEAL TEAM 7Al Asad Iraq

Wait... is he ACTIVE military? If so, it may be possible for him to get a AW permit, and may even be able to do a military SBR..... or machine gun.... for duty use... (oh, there come the "issue weapon"... heh hee)

But for personal use & keep.... an CA legal OLL AR15.... and if you want the closes to a M4.... you can go to CMMGINC.com and get their 14.5 barrel, with a perm mounted muzzle device that bring it up to 16" (better to go with a muzzle brake than a flash hider....)

RW Dunn
07-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Wow ST-7 thank you for your service,i got a couple of buddies on the teams,whats your class # and dates maybe they know you and can help you out on your quest or what you need to know.

ivanimal
07-16-2007, 11:35 AM
I merged the threads.

Give the guy some slack we arent all calgun nerds.:D

BlackReef
07-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Im doing a build for an OLL AR-15. The question is: Is an 14 inch barrel leagal in California? I want to do a M-4 SOPMOD build but im not sure about the short barrel.

Don
SEAL TEAM 7
Al Asad Iraq

SEAL Team 7 huh? What was your BUD/s class number?

Most of the SEALs (check that: ALL the SEALs) I know are not the type to come out and say they are SEALs. They are often very subtle and quiet about what they do.

I'm skeptical because I can not stand when people say they are SEALs and they are not. Prove us wrong.

ffosty
07-16-2007, 7:50 PM
Wow ST-7 thank you for your service,i got a couple of buddies on the teams,whats your class # and dates maybe they know you and can help you out on your quest or what you need to know.

Thank you all for the input. Im sorry for the 3 posts, This internet connection in Iraq sucks big time. It kept reloading and each time it come back to the upload page.

Right upfront IM NOT A SEAL I never claimed to be a SEAL, Im stationed at ST-7. Im a tech Ive been in the community for a long time 5 combat deployments worth and I know almost all the west coast team guys BUT IM NOT A SEAL

Don

Jicko
07-16-2007, 8:46 PM
ffosty: thanks for serving our country! Let us know how we can help you. But I think there isn't much you can do until you are back here to CA. At that point, just let us know how much you wanna spend, and we can hook you up as close as you can get to a SOPMOD M4.

Yet, the M203 maybe a little hard to get... but other than that... we can get you pretty close... ;-)

I think without optics, you are probably looking at about $1k (CMMG upper w/ 14.5" or 14.7" M4-profile barrel + perm flash-hider or muzzle brake + KAC or Daniel Defense or LaRue railed handguard etc..)..... then it would be your choice of EOtech ($300-400) or ACOG ($1.2k).....

adamsreeftank
07-16-2007, 8:53 PM
If you go to the CMMG website you can find some very high quality and very authentic M4 style uppers. The ones with the 14.5 inch barrel will have some type of permanent attached muzzle device to bring the length to the CA legal 16+ inches. You need the manufacturer to do this before you receive the upper. You can NOT buy a 14.5 inch barrel and do it yourself.