PDA

View Full Version : Sac C3 Monthly Shoot archives

Lazyme
10-20-2012, 4:29 AM
Saturday 12/08 at Sacramento Valley Shooting Center – Rifle Ranges @ 10:00 a.m. (Range closes at 6 p.m).

Please wear your Calguns gear, we are here to represent!

Check this place out - lots for the public to do and even more if you are a member! http://sacvalley.org/images/range_map_large.jpg

WHAT: The shoot will follow the informal order of "Meet, Shoot, Eat". The "eat" portion this event will have to be snacks that you bring to keep your tummy calm until you get a real meal in you. I will be here all day trying to get as much range time in as possible.

We’ll have some handouts, some stickers and other goodies for sale.

HOW MUCH: Rifle and Pistol range fees, all day, $ 3 for members, $14 for non-members

WHERE: Please, sign in with the C3s first. We’ll be at the picnic tables between the office and the pond. This is where you will check in and receive a name tag so we can all identify each other and put a face to the screen name.

Once you’ve checked in with us, for handguns or for rifles, go to the Range Office and sign in. Fees are for the full day, you’ll be given a wristband. There are no reservations. There is usually good availability at 9 am sharp.

When you get on the range, look for the CalGuns Banner or one of the C3s in the bright orange hats and Calguns shirt. We will try making ourselves as visible as possible. If you see a Calguns logo stop an say hi, we all seem to be friendly people!

WHAT IF IT RAINS? : Generally, rain or shine. But subscribe to this thread and check it before you load your guns and go.

Sacramento Valley Shooting Center http://www.sacvalley.org/
15501 Meiss Road,
Sloughhouse, CA 95683 Phone; 916-354-96683
NOTE: The Center is located approximately 15 miles Southeast of the city of Sacramento. Do not use car based GPS or Internet/electronic maps for directions to the range as they often have you entering from Dillard Road. Meiss from Dillard is an unpaved, nearly impassible rock road. Use Ione Road to approach Meiss Road.

Competition
No formal competitions this time, just fun. Tell us what kind of competitions you’d like and we’ll try to make it happen in future.

Guns Allowed At range:
Handguns - common handgun calibers up to 50 yards!
Rifles - up to 300 yards for the public!
Shotguns – HD shotguns are allowed in the area in front of the Range Office. Coordinate with the staff and they will give you an older target stand to destroy. (Trap/Skeet/Clays are not at this range.)

Safety: There are cease fires every 15 minutes. Eye and hearing protection are mandatory for anyone on the range. Please be aware that all firearms on the public range MUST use an empty chamber indicator during cease fire periods. Bring your own or buy one at the office for a nominal fee.

Reminder: - When you're there, your actions represent the entire Calguns community. We should always take responsibility for our actions, and treat their facility with the utmost respect.

Hope to see you there!
Tim

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Sorry for not being more decisive with the date and place, life is crazy some times but it looks like I will have more spare time for the next few months. Lots of stuff happening with Calguns here in Sacramento!! Keep an eye out for what is going on over the next few months, we need your input and time to make Sacramento a shooters paradise!!

Also, there is much interest in doing a Lincoln monthly shoot. I would personally like to start this as a second monthly shoot in addition to the Sac Valley event but we need a few more volunteers to help out.

Everyone is busy during the holidays, so over the next few months put some thought into how much time you can donate or how you can contribute to helping get people out of the house and to the range!

spetsnaz
10-20-2012, 7:01 AM
What do you guys want to do? Outdoors? Private Range,Sac Valley?

gunace89
10-20-2012, 3:39 PM
Im always down for outdoors, but we dont know what the weather will be like.

Lazyme
10-20-2012, 7:21 PM
It will probably be 80* outside with a slight breeze. Plenty of birds who should have flown south by now singing beautiful songs. You know, the normal September...what us with the weather?!?!?

gunace89
10-21-2012, 12:42 PM
I dont even know, atleast today seems like a normal October, dont even know about November lol

BonnieB
10-21-2012, 1:38 PM
People are asking for a shoot in Lincoln, not sure if the Lincoln Rifle Club or Coon Creek is better. I haven't been there but I'm good with going to the Lincoln area.

Anything with covered shooting will work for me.

savannah
10-21-2012, 2:00 PM
I think you will find that many will be traveling home from visiting family that weekend. December 1st weekend may be more attended. Just an observation. Carry on!!!

BonnieB
10-21-2012, 2:03 PM
Savannah makes a good point. The weekend preceding Thanksgiving won't be much better.

Do the weekend of Dec 1 for November and the weekend of Dec 29 for Dec? Or maybe New Year's Day, if anything is open?

savannah
10-21-2012, 2:08 PM
Ooooooooh. New Years blow things up!!!!!!!!!!

gunace89
10-21-2012, 3:57 PM
Yeah, the original date might be cutting it close to Thanksgiving for some. Any of the other dates id think would work. Id be down for the Lincoln Rifle Club. Coon Creek is a Trap/Skeet/Sporting Clays range that I frequent often. If thats what people want to do, its a good place, I know the owner.

savannah
10-21-2012, 4:23 PM
I am a member at Dillman Range (aka Lincoln Rifle Range). I would also be down for Coon Creek in Lincoln.

Lazyme
10-22-2012, 7:17 PM
Saturday 10/27 at Sacramento Valley Shooting Center – Handgun and Rifle Ranges @ 9:00 a.m. (Range closes at 6 p.m).

Check this place out - lots for the public to do and even more if you are a member! http://sacvalley.org/images/range_map_large.jpg

WHAT: The shoot will follow the informal order of "Meet, Shoot, Eat". The "eat" portion this month will be at the El Gallo Bar and Grill, Rancho Murieta, on the patio if possible, starting at 12:30.

We’ll have some handouts, some stickers and other goodies.

HOW MUCH: Rifle and Pistol range fees, all day, $ 3 for members, $14 for non-members

WHERE: We’ll meet at the picnic tables between the office and the pond. This is where you will check in, and tell us if you’ll join us for lunch. Once you’ve checked in with us, for handguns or for rifles, go to the Range Office and sign in. Fees are for the full day, you’ll be given a wristband. There are no reservations. There is usually good availability at 9 am sharp. When you get on the range, look for the CalGuns Banner.

WHAT IF IT RAINS? : Generally, rain or shine. But subscribe to this thread and check it before you load your guns and go.

Sacramento Valley Shooting Center http://www.sacvalley.org/
15501 Meiss Road,
Sloughhouse, CA 95683 Phone; 916-354-96683
NOTE: The Center is located approximately 15 miles Southeast of the city of Sacramento. DO NOT use car based GPS or Internet/electronic maps for directions to the range as they often have you entering from Dillard Road. Meiss from Dillard is an unpaved, nearly impassible rock road. Use Ione Road to approach Meiss Road.

Address for El Gallo Bar and Grill:
El Gallo Bar and Grill
7277 Lone Pine Dr #C (Rancho Murieta Plaza, behind the Post Office in the back)
Rancho Murieta, CA 95683 Phone 916 354 8729
http://www.citycheers.com/templates/one/index.php?vid=62025

Competition
No formal competitions this time, just fun. Tell us what kind of competitions you’d like and we’ll try to make it happen in future.

Guns Allowed At range:
Handguns - common handgun calibers up to 50 yards!
Rifles - up to 300 yards for the public! (must qualify on the 100 yard range first)
Shotguns – HD shotguns are allowed in the area in front of the Range Office. Coordinate with the staff and they will give you an older target stand to destroy. (Trap/Skeet/Clays are not at this range.)

Safety: There are cease fires every 15 minutes. Eye and hearing protection are mandatory for anyone on the range. Please be aware that all firearms on the public range MUST use an empty chamber indicator during cease fire periods. Bring your own or buy one at the office for a nominal fee.

Reminder: - When you're there, your actions represent the entire Calguns community. We should always take responsibility for our actions, and treat their facility with the utmost respect.

Hope to see you there!
Tim

Lazyme
10-22-2012, 7:22 PM
Confirmed -

1. Lazyme - maybe a few people from work
2. BonnieB
3. Cranemech
4. zdogg7200
5. ElDub1950 *organizing small "private" swap meet
6. bloodhawke83
7. 9mmepiphany
8. roushstage2
9. badandy
10. ShooterDK
11. 10xhobby
12. pdq_wizzard
13. Vulture

Might stop by & say hi -

1. NotEnufGarage

10xhobby
10-22-2012, 8:17 PM
Hey Tim, please add me to the list. I will be bringing mostly handguns 22 32 45. sounds like fun, maybe we can shoot the rimfire match. thanks Steve

Lazyme
10-22-2012, 8:29 PM
Got ya, thanks!

cranemech
10-22-2012, 9:36 PM
I'll be there

9mmepiphany
10-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Well, I guess I won't have to go and zero the .22lr before the weekend ;)

I'll bring out my S&W M&P9 if anyone would like to see what one feels like with the Apex Tactical trigger parts

akoba
10-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Tim, i'll pass on this one. Sorry :(
Oct. 27th is my daughter's birthday. We already have plan for the weekend. Thank you for the invite. I'll try next time.

Mullins
10-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the invite.

I will try to make it, but if not I will have to meet up with who I can at The Gun Range (off watt), I will plan a meet there after my next payday!

pdq_wizzard
10-23-2012, 6:07 AM
I should be there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

demo40
10-23-2012, 6:22 AM
zombie run on saturday , keep me in the loop .
thanks

savannah
10-23-2012, 6:24 AM
I can't make it.

10xhobby
10-23-2012, 7:22 AM
Would any one like to try out different handguns ? I have a few that I can bring out. Let me know.

oldsw20
10-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Sorry I can't make it to this one. Going to the build party that day. But there is always a next time. Thanks.

ShooterDK
10-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Tim,

Slight clarification on the public rifle range. To shoot on the 300 yard range you have to "qualify" and it's quite simple...

Basically you shoot on the 100 yard range and if your on paper with reasonable groupings you show target to the office and they issue a 'qual" card saying you can shoot on the 300 side.

Dave

BonnieB
10-23-2012, 5:59 PM
THE "NOVEMBER" MONTHLY SHOOT WILL BE ON SATURDAY DECEMBER 1, to accomodate people's Thanksgiving holiday travel situation.

timmytoast916
10-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Won't be able to make it. I'll be.in Washington for a work safety training meeting. Next month though I'll be there!

hammerhands32
10-24-2012, 11:56 AM
I am going to try and make it

Lazyme
10-24-2012, 2:33 PM
We have someone in Auburn looking to Carpool...any takers?

ShooterDK
10-24-2012, 7:50 PM
Would any one like to try out different handguns ? I have a few that I can bring out. Let me know.

Whatch' bringin'? :)

10xhobby
10-24-2012, 8:07 PM
S&W 22a target scoped
Colt 22lr auto open sights
Benelli MP95 Atlanta 32 S&W long
S&W Model 41 22lr scoped
Kimber Classic Custom Target 45 acp
Ruger Security Six 357
of course Browning Buckmark Silhouette
If you want to shoot any of these just bring some extra ammo

NotEnufGarage
10-25-2012, 2:24 AM
THE "NOVEMBER" MONTHLY SHOOT WILL BE ON SATURDAY DECEMBER 1, to accomodate people's Thanksgiving holiday travel situation.

I won't be able to make it. I have another commitment that day.

Lazyme
10-25-2012, 5:03 AM
:drool5:

This gunna be fun

10xhobby
10-25-2012, 7:17 AM
do you think 3 1/2 hours will be enough time ??????? haha

Lazyme
10-25-2012, 7:32 AM
I will be there @ 8:00...and Bonnie is going back after lunch if you need a more of a fix. :D

Also...we got some CGN goodies to give away...shhhh...dont tell nobody.

ElDub1950
10-25-2012, 9:36 AM
Hadn't heard of Coon Creek, so I looked it up. It appears to only for trap and skeet .. is that correct? That might eliminate a lot of people if it is.

I'll vote for Lincoln .. always nice to visit a new range.

10xhobby
10-25-2012, 10:08 AM
well then maybe I will bring some rifles for after lunch

Lazyme
10-26-2012, 2:47 PM
0% chance of rain
winds coming from the north @ 8MPH
51% Humidity
81* high temp

See you all tomorrow morning!!

roushstage2
10-26-2012, 3:07 PM
See you in the morning! Oh, we still doing a little rimfire match?

Bobula
10-26-2012, 3:11 PM
Stuck working a 12 tonight. Can't make it. Hopefully next time since I'm a member out there now!

Lazyme
10-26-2012, 4:21 PM
Rimfire = absolutely.

I am bringing my ruger 10/22 setup for Appleseed, Ruger SR22 pistol & Kimber 1911 with .22 conversion. + a few center fire toys.

I have about 10 different types of ammo to try and plenty of targets to get the job done.

Can'thavenuthingood
10-26-2012, 4:59 PM
Rimfire = absolutely.

I am bringing my ruger 10/22 setup for Appleseed, Ruger SR22 pistol & Kimber 1911 with .22 conversion. + a few center fire toys.

I have about 10 different types of ammo to try and plenty of targets to get the job done.

Hows that .22 conversion work on your Kimber?
Been wondering about that and the benefits.

Vick

Vulture
10-26-2012, 6:36 PM
Should be there at roughly 9. Wasn't sure I could make it till tonight.

Lazyme
10-26-2012, 7:35 PM
Hows that .22 conversion work on your Kimber?
Been wondering about that and the benefits.

Vick

I love it. So far the only thing that runs without a problem is the CCI MiniMag but I have a few other brands to try tomorrow.

The sights are basic but they work for me. Definitely not the Meprolight sights that came on the .45 slide.

So far it has been my toy to play with when I go camping and I can clear a row of cans off a log pretty fast. I'll know more about "target" shooting tomorrow.

Should be there at roughly 9. Wasn't sure I could make it till tonight.

Glad you can make it!! Thanks to Can'thavenuthingood you might get some Calguns gear tomorrow...

9mmepiphany
10-26-2012, 7:51 PM
I'll see you then, but it might be ugly...as I'll be watching Formula 1 qualifying until 0300hrs

NotEnufGarage
10-26-2012, 8:42 PM
I've got 2 new EOTechs I need to sight in, one on a new 16" 6.8 SPC DPMS Upper and the other on a 5.56 16" Upper. I might have to get up real early and load up some .223 55 grain loads for that one, but I've definitely got a few hundred 6.8 loads ready to go.

Lazyme
10-26-2012, 9:03 PM
Good times shall be had by all...just try not to look too much like a Zombie.

I hear there is nothing good happening to Zombies these days.

roushstage2
10-27-2012, 6:51 AM
Getting ready now! I'll see you all in about an hour!

ShootinMedic
10-27-2012, 6:52 AM
Have fun everyone! Wish I could make it!!!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

roushstage2
10-27-2012, 7:17 AM
Alright. I'll be there a bit after 9AM. I have to get something from Big 5 and they don't open until 9AM today (only day of the week they open before 10, thank goodness!).

pdq_wizzard
10-27-2012, 8:23 AM
Sorry, I'm not going to make it. I can only make 1 trip and it has to be Sunday so I can add my 27 to my CCW

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Ryououki
10-27-2012, 11:47 AM
I was planning to go to the lunch, but we are still at the range.

badandy
10-27-2012, 2:25 PM
Pretty sure I missed lunch also.... Shooting is cool! had a good time today.

Lazyme
10-27-2012, 2:29 PM
Looks like we doubled last months shoot attendance!! I counted about 12 people on the sign is list, thank you all for coming out! The Calguns group continues to be a great bunch of people to become acquainted with.

It was great talking with everyone and I even got to educate a family about Calguns and what we are doing here. Next month most of us should have some shirts and hats to flaunt around the range and we can start to spread like wild fire!!

I am just learning how to handle all of this so if there is something you noticed that we can improve on let me know. Every shoot should be better than the last!!

Also, Mexican food turned into the Sac State Veterans BBQ. They will be there the last day of the month just like us so it is a perfect fit. These are a great bunch of people and they know how to make delicious food. Much thanks to them for lunch & see you next month!!

Thanks again everyone!!

BonnieB
10-27-2012, 3:28 PM
We are considering shooting on December 1 in Lincoln. Those who will attend, please post here so we know if we will have people enough to do it.

We'd like to do some combination of handguns, rimfire, rifles and shotguns, so when you post, let us know what you'd like to do, so we can pick the appropriate range.

If anyone in that area would like to help set it up, let us know who you are.

bloodhawke83
10-27-2012, 4:47 PM
Next time I'll bring my public education indoctrination anti-gun little brother, need help to fix him.

10xhobby
10-27-2012, 6:31 PM
Hey guys. I had a great time today and met some cool members. I was glad to share some of my guns for members to try, sorry if I cost you some money that you are about to spend on a new gun that you weren't planning on buying. OOOPPS. I stayed and shot till about 3:30, and was having a blast on the 50 yard rimfire silhouette range. Great job to those of you that planned this meet and I hope the next shoot is even better. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

cranemech
10-27-2012, 6:32 PM
It was good to see everyone there. Met new people and caught up with others I had met previously.

Thanks are due to 10xhobby for helping me out with an issue with my SA, it was a little thirsty. :blush5:

All the CG'ers I've met so far have been good people.

10xhobby
10-27-2012, 6:39 PM
glad we got the Springfield working good. It was nice meeting you, and you are welcome.
Marvel Mystery Oil fixes everything lol

Ryououki
10-27-2012, 6:50 PM
Didn't really get to meet anyone. This is something that needs better organization on knowing who is with CalGuns while at the event. I met 2 people in the picnic area for the sign up and that was about it.

I did have a good time though. I brought out a couple friends and at least one of them had a really good time. The other didn't seem too interested.

I did let quite a few people fire off the Desert Eagle .50, as that always brings smiles.

I got to fire my new DPMS SASS as well, which was fun.

I pretty sure I will be going to the next event though.

- Ed

cranemech
10-27-2012, 6:57 PM
glad we got the Springfield working good. It was nice meeting you, and you are welcome.
Marvel Mystery Oil fixes everything lol

Already put some in the range bag. :thumbsup:

Vulture
10-27-2012, 8:12 PM
Hey guys. I had a great time today and met some cool members. I was glad to share some of my guns for members to try, sorry if I cost you some money that you are about to spend on a new gun that you weren't planning on buying. OOOPPS. I stayed and shot till about 3:30, and was having a blast on the 50 yard rimfire silhouette range. Great job to those of you that planned this meet and I hope the next shoot is even better. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Haha, yes... shooting other peoples nice firearms leads one to evaluate buying opportunities. Thanks for being so generous with your excellent selection.

I had a great time aside from the shooting just standing in a small group and talking specific firearms, shooting technique and general gun bs. Learned some, met good folks and those things coupled with a good time is what will bring me back next month and so on.

PS. Calguns swag was readily available and excellent. Thanks Lazy!

ShootinMedic
10-27-2012, 8:26 PM
I hope I can make it next time around! I had the wifes bday today so I couldn't male it.

I'll try to get her to come too. She is going to pick out her first gun for her present so she'll have one of her own to shoot :D and get comfortable with.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Lazyme
10-27-2012, 9:06 PM
Glad everyone enjoys these, makes me want to do another one next month. :)

And please, invite friends & family especially if they are not "gun people" so they can become familiar with firearms and we can show them that we are a great bunch of people. After all that is the point if these things.

10xhobby...you are a dangerous man with a briefcase full of fun. I really, really, really want to play with that Kimber you have. Your selection will be needed at future events to show the newcomers the wide variety of options they have.

Didn't really get to meet anyone. This is something that needs better organization on knowing who is with CalGuns while at the event. I met 2 people in the picnic area for the sign up and that was about it.
- Ed

Hey Ed,
We are working on the organization end of things, we did much better than last month, thanks Bonnie! I had a few big Calguns posters where we were all hanging out and Bonnie along with myself were equipped with calguns shirts and bright orange CGN hats. Maybe I can work on some CG sign stands to put by the office, or even fliers in the office for all the customers to see letting them know Calguns is near...thanks for the input!

Hope to see you and your dessert eagle next time!!

roushstage2
10-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Had a good time today and met some new people as well! I was on the rimfire range all day with my daughter. I think more people know me today from my Obama T-Shirt than who I actually am on the forum. Not too many people seemed to want to converse with anyone outside of their little groups, lol. I got to see some familiar faces, as well as get an awesome shirt for both myself and my daughter (thanks CGN, Lazyme and Bonnie ;)) I had to leave when I think most everyone was moving to the rimfire range; had to work early today. Anyways, it was all good fun and I can't wait to do it again!

It'd be nice if the CGN/CGF gun case tags and decals were available for purchase at these events *hint hint* :p

Vulture
10-27-2012, 10:58 PM
Had a good time today and met some new people as well! I was on the rimfire range all day with my daughter. I think more people know me today from my Obama T-Shirt than who I actually am on the forum. Not too many people seemed to want to converse with anyone outside of their little groups, lol. I got to see some familiar faces, as well as get an awesome shirt for both myself and my daughter (thanks CGN, Lazyme and Bonnie ;)) I had to leave when I think most everyone was moving to the rimfire range; had to work early today. Anyways, it was all good fun and I can't wait to do it again!

It'd be nice if the CGN/CGF gun case tags and decals were available for purchase at these events *hint hint* :p

My mistake on the intro, I at least commented on your shirt... was my first time out with Calgunners. Now I will be able to put a face with a t-shirt (hopefully we will all be sporting CGN t-shirts next time), I will say hello. No exclusion meant, there were just a couple of us that arrived at the same time and took up stations next to each other.

Things I learned from this trip:
1) Bring more rimfire ammo (if you have one)
2) Bring a centerfire (if you have one)
3) Set aside more time than 2.5 hours
4) Calgunners are generous and friendly, esp when they know you are a fellow forum member

More to come I'm sure, glad Lazy has taken up the cause...

roushstage2
10-27-2012, 11:35 PM
That wasn't directed at anyone in particular, nor any sort of complaint or dig at anyone at all. I was just looking around and noticed little groups of people here and there and they seemed to stick together the whole time and not separate. It was just an observation that I thought was a little funny; nothing more :)

As for the ammo thing, that's why I showed up with a full .50 cal ammo can full of rimfire ammo.

Lazyme
10-28-2012, 5:54 AM
I saw you two over in the corner playing with your toys...looked like my kind of party. I had a .50 cal can full of rimfire also but I did most of my shooting before everyone got there. Then I started talking and walking around and eating lunch & then my wife got there...I need to go shooting again.

I thought you were just hanging out with your daughter & would wander on over eventually, when i did get to meet you I shook your hand at the gazibo and then took off in another direction. We can get rid of some of our excessive rimfire ammo with 10xhobby and his box of goodies some time.

ShooterDK
10-28-2012, 8:01 AM
Sounds like you all had a great time. Sorry I didn't make it but my arm was really bothering me Friday night and it didn't fell much better Saturday morning.

I've got surgery in 3 weeks... can't wait. :)

XVIga_Rob
10-28-2012, 8:19 PM
Sounds like everyone had a good time. Sorry I missed it (family b-days, etc.). Looking forward the the next one.

roushstage2
10-28-2012, 10:50 PM
I thought you were just hanging out with your daughter & would wander on over eventually, when i did get to meet you I shook your hand at the gazibo and then took off in another direction. We can get rid of some of our excessive rimfire ammo with 10xhobby and his box of goodies some time.

I always have to take off early to get to work, when events are on the weekend. :\
I am glad we at least got to shake hands and say hi before I had to take off!

watt79
10-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Have you guys considered the Yolo Sportsman's Association? Its not too far of a drive from Sacramento and its one of the better outdoor ranges I have been to.

savannah
10-30-2012, 5:36 PM
I would be ok with Yolo or Lincoln.

gunace89
11-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Never been out to either the Lincoln Rifle Range or the Yolo one so im down for either. Unless ive got work, count me in this time!

Lazyme
11-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Edit...
The date looks up in the air for now, we are thinking of combining November & December shoots and doing things in the middle of December. We will need to verify the schedule at the Lincoln range as the date approaches...Stay tuned!

Also, there is much interest in doing a Lincoln monthly shoot. I would personally like to start this as a second monthly shoot in addition to the Sac Valley event but we need a few more volunteers to help out.

Everyone is busy during the holidays, so over the next few months put some thought into how much time you can donate or how you can contribute to helping get people out of the house and to the range!

AyeGuy
11-11-2012, 3:20 PM
I hope I can make it next time around!

Me too! So, is the next one scheduled yet?

Lazyme
11-15-2012, 4:25 PM
I picked a date and a place!!

Place; Sac Valley Shooting Center

Date; December 8th

Time; 10:00AM until close.

I'm going with Sac Valley Shooting Center because it is easier to show up and have available spots to shoot.

Stay tuned for a PM with more details in the next week or two.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I will work on getting something going on the other side of Sacramento after the end of the world next month. If we are all hear next year I can promise you we will eventually get a Lincoln shoot going. :)

There is also much interest in The Gun Range off of Watt & HWY 80, looks like we have one or two things starting there. Stop by this thread and give some info if you are interested in a shooting league. We need some good ideas to get this thing started off right!! http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=643531

cranemech
11-15-2012, 7:25 PM
Tentative. Are they LTC friendly?

ETA: I'm good with Sac Valley. I thought we were looking at the range in Lincoln.

XVIga_Rob
11-15-2012, 9:12 PM
I'm going with Sac Valley Shooting Center because it is easier to show up and have available spots to shoot.

Stay tuned for a PM with more details in the next week or two.

Personally, I think this is a good choice. Again, just my $.02.
The couple of times I've been to the Lincoln range, I've NOT been impressed. They say they welcome the public, but if a club member is present, or shows up, they have 1st priority for ANY lane. Plus, the place is small, and the RSO's.....well...I'll stop here.

ElDub1950
11-17-2012, 9:00 AM
Tentative. Are they LTC friendly?

Sac Valley is a cold range. No carry.

oldsw20
11-17-2012, 11:36 AM
+ on Sac valley.

cranemech
11-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Sac Valley is a cold range. No carry.

You are allowed to carry concealed, with LTC, at Sac Valley.

You have to contact a RSO and have them escort you to your shooting spot and upholster under their direction. No holster work is allowed, except in the action bays.

I had to ask Larry, the general manager, about this as I had received conflicting information from some of the range staff.

gunace89
11-18-2012, 7:52 PM
December 8th at Sac Valley sounds like a good choice to me:2guns:

konata88
11-19-2012, 8:37 AM
Hi -- can someone help me understand what happens at events like this? :)

cranemech
11-19-2012, 9:20 AM
Hi -- can someone help me understand what happens at events like this? :)

We all get together and shoot guns :D. It is a low pressure, easy going way to meet fellow CG'rs in your local area. At Sac Valley, they have a pistol range, rifle range and rifle range in close proximity to each other. That makes it handy for people to shoot different firearms and still stay fairly close together.

roushstage2
11-19-2012, 1:00 PM
I'll ask for it off when I go back in on Wednesday! I'll try and get some other people there as well.

BonnieB
11-19-2012, 3:28 PM
For those who haven't been to a Calguns Monthly Shoot before, it's a relaxed get together, meet / greet / shoot / eat kind of thing.

We need you to sign in with the C3's first. Look for the blue and white Calguns banner at the picnic tables across the parking lot from the main range office.

We need you to sign in so we know you're there and can help you find the other Calgunners. We'll give you a name tag so the others can find you too. The sign-in area is where the goodies are. People gather there off and on during the day to talk guns, buy CGN stuff and just hang out.

Once you've signed in, you'll still go to the Range Office to sign in with them and pay your range fees. Then you go to the range of your choice and look for the Orange CGN hats the C3's wear. We'll help you find the Calgunners out there.

The rule is "if you see a bunch of Calgunners, walk up and talk to them". People do come with friends, but walk up and introduce yourself anyway. We don't do cliques.

If you have a Calguns shirt or hat, please wear it so we can find you easily.

We usually go rain or shine, but check the Monthly Shoot Announcement http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=633969 for possible cancellations before you load your guns into the car and take off.

Ryououki
11-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Oh nice, I had set up an outing with some friends for same day and location, so that works. Just planning to be out there at noon though.

roushstage2
11-20-2012, 1:05 PM
On Facebook, there is a Hunting, Fishing and Recreation page for where I live. I thought about posting this as an event on there and see if anyone (perhaps, and likely, not a current CG'er) was interested in coming out. It would at minimum expose someone new to CGN and possibly get them to sign up. Anyways, just thought about it. I wanted to ask here before I posted this elsewhere.

Lazyme
11-20-2012, 2:02 PM
The more the merrier, we are here to spread the good word of Calguns!!

UPDATE - Still trying to get around to the mass PM. Thank you Bonnie for the post above, lots of good information!!

BonnieB
11-24-2012, 12:36 PM
We need some spare hands on Dec 8 if we're going to cover all the ranges at Sac Valley. Who can be a "C3-for-a-day" ?

One time only duties are:

wear your CGN T shirt or hat (or we'll get you one)

arrive at 9:30-10am, identify yourself to other C3's and say what range your're shooting on
go to your range and nail down your shooting space (it gets busy after 10)

cruise the range you're going to shoot on, looking for lost CGN'ers,

do a little PR for Calguns while patrolling

introduce them to the other CGN'3ers and encourage them to shoot together. That's from 10 am to maybe 11:30.

Then once the group is assembled, do your own shooting

That's it. Surely someone can do it for one day, on Dec 8.

roushstage2
11-24-2012, 1:26 PM
If I am for sure off that day (I'll get that schedule next Friday), I'll be a "C3 For A Day!"

roushstage2
11-25-2012, 5:17 PM
December 8th at Sac Valley

XxWoodsHunterxX
11-25-2012, 5:25 PM
So do they always start at 0900? I would like to come to one of these I used to be a member out there. But it's so far to drive from calaveras county.

stacym
11-25-2012, 6:11 PM
Hoping to make it out next month. I work the night before, but should be able to get out there late morning.

BonnieB
11-25-2012, 6:33 PM
The Sacramento Monthly Shoot, Dec 8 is starting at 10, because that's when everybody starts to arrive.

We'll go all day, from 10-4. So come when you can, leave when you must. Range closes at 4pm sharp.

BonnieB
11-26-2012, 11:34 AM
bump

stacym
11-26-2012, 7:24 PM
@Bonnie or Tim - do you guys have CGN t-shirts that are NOT zombie shirts? Just the logo? I'd like to get one.

BonnieB
11-26-2012, 9:12 PM
Hi, Stacy. Yes almost all of the shirts we have are non-zombie and they'll be available at the Dec 8 shoot. Come on out and choose one.

Lazyme
11-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Thanks to Can'thavenuthingood and the wonderful people at Calguns we have a descent selection of apparel for this shoot. There was a nice little package waiting for me when I got home tonight and I still need to see what's behind the thin layer of tape and cardboard. We also have a few ammo can stickers and some large window clings, no patches or key chains yet.

I need to review my PMs and confirm a few things but it looks like we have a few volunteers willing to give a helping hand. Looks like we might have a BBQ with hotdogs and chili in the works.

If anyone else wants to lend a hand let us know, there are plenty of things to do ranging from carrying a box of shirts to organizing a BBQ and so many things in between. We are thinking of having a get together Tuesday, December 4th. If you want to come and be part of the planning, please, let us know and we will get you some more information.

ChrisTKHarris
11-27-2012, 7:45 PM
Sorry guys, won't be able to make 12/8. I've got work :(

Lone_Gunman
11-27-2012, 7:53 PM
Sorry, I won't be able to make it. It's our annual birthday party for my wife/ ugly Christmas sweater party.

roushstage2
11-27-2012, 9:25 PM
I'm expecting to have the day off, and still want to volunteer to help that day, as well as try and make it to the meeting next Tuesday night.

oldsw20
11-28-2012, 1:23 PM
Sat 8th, I'll be there...9 to 9.30

SkyMag68
11-29-2012, 11:10 AM
I will try this time.

Vulture
12-03-2012, 4:06 PM
I will also be able to make it. Might show up at Starbucks tomorrow as well...

spetsnaz
12-03-2012, 4:48 PM
I will also be able to make it. Might show up at Starbucks tomorrow as well...

starbucks tommorow? where is this?

Vulture
12-03-2012, 5:43 PM
starbucks tommorow? where is this?

7801 Greenback Lane, Citrus Heights, CA

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=649305

ElDub1950
12-04-2012, 2:35 PM
Granddaughter's birthday party on the 8th. Can't make it again.

Lazyme
12-04-2012, 8:08 PM
Have her birthday party at Sac Valley...

And if thats not an option, have fun!! See ya next time.

ElDub1950
12-04-2012, 9:16 PM
Ummmm 2 dozen armed 10 year olds running around the range ... maybe not :)

NotEnufGarage
12-05-2012, 5:36 PM
I'm picking up 2 new (to me) revolvers Friday/Saturday, so I'll be there to try them out.

Lazyme
12-05-2012, 8:03 PM
I talked to my Dad today and he is bringing my Grandpa's old service revolver out. Smith & Wesson 38 special with an amazing trigger. My Grandpa used to shoot trap with it from what I've been told.

I'll prob bring a few of my revolvers out also, why not.

NotEnufGarage
12-06-2012, 1:59 PM
I talked to my Dad today and he is bringing my Grandpa's old service revolver out. Smith & Wesson 38 special with an amazing trigger. My Grandpa used to shoot trap with it from what I've been told.

I'll prob bring a few of my revolvers out also, why not.

I'm bringing all my wheel guns.. An H&R 922 9 shot .22lr, 4" Taurus and 2" S&W .357 Magnums, 5" S&W and 8" Interarms .44 Magnums and 8 3/8" S&W .460 S&W Magnum.

Haven't decided if I'll bring any Glocks or 1911's, yet. I really need to do some .45ACP, .400 Corbon and .38 Super +P reloading for the 1911's if I do.

Ryououki
12-06-2012, 2:40 PM
I'll be out with the following: Ruger SR9c, Sig 1911, Desert Eagle .50, DPMS SASS, and FNH PS90.

I'm currently bringing along 8 other people, none of whom are members of CalGuns. Not sure what all they will be bringing though.

roushstage2
12-06-2012, 3:04 PM
I'm going to get out there early and sight in my new rear sight on the AR, and then I'll probably set up camp over at the reactive rimfire/handgun area.

Lazyme
12-06-2012, 4:00 PM
This is definitely a handgun crowd, but I want to spend some quality time with my rifles so that's what I'll be dragging along. 10/22, Savage 93FV, Yugo AK, Winchester 94 and maybe the Rem700 SPS. Something for everyone.

Who is thinking about eating at the BBQ? Let us know how many so we can get a head count, please. hot dogs, chili, cheese, condiments, chips and sodas.

BonnieB
12-06-2012, 4:23 PM
Mmmm, barbecue! Yes!

roushstage2
12-06-2012, 8:18 PM
I still plan on doing the C3 thing, so I'll be there for the BBQ I imagine.

Lazyme
12-07-2012, 3:31 AM
Great, thanks roush!

cranemech
12-07-2012, 6:01 PM
I'll be there but will have to bug out around noon or so. Want to try out my Kimber conversion.

SkyMag68
12-07-2012, 6:22 PM
Sorry guys is no go this time for me.got a few important events with family and friends on Saturday.

roushstage2
12-07-2012, 7:36 PM
I'm almost thinking now I'll shoot some handgun real quick just to get some rounds down range and then simply go over to the rifle side as well. Then I can shoot my AR and .22s all at once. I can't make up my mind! Ahhhhh!

cranemech
12-07-2012, 8:03 PM
I'm almost thinking now I'll shoot some handgun real quick just to get some rounds down range and then simply go over to the rifle side as well. Then I can shoot my AR and .22s all at once. I can't make up my mind! Ahhhhh!

That is my intention as well. I've got a 597 that I need to sight in, then I've got to jet for a Christmas party.

roushstage2
12-07-2012, 8:10 PM
Alright! I went and sat down until I figured out what I to bring/shoot. I've got 100 rounds for my XD40. Handgun first real quick, then I'll get all set-up on the rifle side before it gets busy. I plan on leaving here at 8:30AM sharp, dropping the girls off, and then being at the range by 9:30AM, if not a little before. I'll probably go a couple of rounds on the handgun side, and then go get my 5.56 AR, M&P 15-22 and Marlin 60 and go on over to the rifle side. I'll be +1 for the event; bringing a friend out and he'll have his .22WMR.

cranemech- I've got a few Shoot-N-C sight-in targets left. Your welcome to use one to sight in your 597! Easier to see the .22LRs on those than the plain paper targets ;)

10xhobby
12-07-2012, 9:08 PM
Hey guys, wish I could join you tomorrow but I will be helping my son move into his first home that he just got the keys for. Not to bad for 26 years old. :) Have a great time.

XVIga_Rob
12-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Wish I could make it too. Weekends are a little tough right now, with the Holiday's coming up. Maybe next month.

Lazyme
12-08-2012, 4:56 AM
Monthly archives

Lazyme
12-08-2012, 6:28 AM
Almost all packed up. No handguns this time, too much to keep track of and I'll have plenty to do sighting in a few rifles.

NotEnufGarage
12-08-2012, 7:24 AM
Almost all packed up. No handguns this time, too much to keep track of and I'll have plenty to do sighting in a few rifles.

I'm almost ready, too. Just have to run up to Rocklin to pick up the new 340PD, then back home to load up the truck and go.

I should be there around 10:30 - 11.

Tom

NotEnufGarage
12-08-2012, 9:46 AM
I'm almost ready, too. Just have to run up to Rocklin to pick up the new 340PD, then back home to load up the truck and go.

I should be there around 10:30 - 11.

Tom

Everything is loaded in the truck, getting ready to leave and I discover I've got a massive diesel leak from the injection pump.

Not going to make it. Sorry - no BBQ.

Lazyme
12-08-2012, 10:10 AM
And you dont get to shoot the 340PD!! Those light frame S&Ws are fun.

Have fun working on your truck.

Lazyme
12-08-2012, 7:43 PM
Thanks for coming out everyone!! It was good to meet some new people and see some familiar faces as well. There are a few people who couldn't make it, it's too bad because it was a beautiful morning for shooting but it was followed by a pretty cold afternoon when the clouds came in.

I discovered I need more locktite on my 10/22 sights so they stop coming loose and I need to make sure the bipod doesn't come loose also. So many loose screws...

Hope to see you all again next time,
Tim

oldsw20
12-08-2012, 7:53 PM
It was great meeting all the new people, and thanks for letting me shoot some ak's and 22's. Now I need to get some 22's and ak's but for now I still have a Inox 92fs Beretta in jail, so them other will have to wait for next year.

stacym
12-09-2012, 6:41 AM
Bummed I missed it. Sinus infection dictated I stay home. :( Will definitely try to make it next month.

cranemech
12-09-2012, 8:32 AM
Sounds like you guys had fun. Sorry I missed it, but I had an unexpected call from my son and had to go play car mechanic.

roushstage2
12-09-2012, 10:55 AM
I had a great time yesterday! Got to meet some more Calgunners and saw some familiar faces! Lazyme wasn't the only one with sight problems though: the scope on my Marlin 60, and on my friends Marlin 22WMR, decided to walk themselves off of the rails. FTL! Problem taken care of (glad I decided to bring my tools/cleaning supplies after all!) and both rifles were quickly re-sighted!

Other than that, got the new rear sight on my AR sighted-in. Got to play around with the 15-22 a bit and put as many rounds through my handgun yesterday as I have since I bought it :o

roushstage2
12-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Oh, and I forgot to ask about the Calguns decals/stickers I saw at the booth. I'm not leaving without some next time!!!!! ;)

Ryououki
12-10-2012, 9:22 AM
Hey Tim, it was nice meeting you. Hopefully my little group didn't crowd up on you too much.

See you out there next time,
Ed

Lazyme
12-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Hey Ed,
I put these things on to crowd myself for a change. I'm pretty private most of the time & these events are an opportunity for me to get out and meet new people. The more the merrier!!

Tim