PDA

View Full Version : 1st ar build

davedog665
07-15-2007, 6:56 PM
Ok i've done alot of reading and research and im ready to purchase a lower and get this ball rollin.

I live in upland and im lookin for a ffl i can have the striped lower shipped to or a ffl that will order me the lower ne Help here?

What is the avg. ffl transfer fee??

Also reguarding the 30 inch min. with a tele stock and a 16 inch barrel will i still get 30 inch if the stock is fully colapsed?

Also regarding the AW law if my lower is added to the list i understand i will have 90 days to register it as a AW since i purchased the weapon legaly and had it registered am i correct in my thinkin that i will now own a legal aw registered to myself and now i don't have to worry about all the detachable mag and evil feature b.s. ???

thanks guys im sure i will have more questions as i start aquiring and collecting parts

blkA4alb
07-15-2007, 7:21 PM
Ok i've done alot of reading and research and im ready to purchase a lower and get this ball rollin.
Glad to hear it, now welcome to an endless money pit.

I live in upland and im lookin for a ffl i can have the striped lower shipped to or a ffl that will order me the lower ne Help here?
No idea, give one of the online vendors a ring and most of them have a network of FFLs that they have done business with before.

It varies between the FFLs.

Here you go, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=63050 .

Also reguarding the 30 inch min. with a tele stock and a 16 inch barrel will i still get 30 inch if the stock is fully colapsed?
Yes, it will be 31" if I remember right.

Also regarding the AW law if my lower is added to the list i understand i will have 90 days to register it as a AW since i purchased the weapon legaly and had it registered am i correct in my thinkin that i will now own a legal aw registered to myself and now i don't have to worry about all the detachable mag and evil feature b.s. ???
That used to be true, read up on AB2728. The DOJ no longer has the power to update the list, and thus your OLL will never be a listed AW anytime soon.

thanks guys im sure i will have more questions as i start aquiring and collecting parts
Just remember to use the search button, your exact questions have been answered before ;) .

aplinker
07-15-2007, 7:22 PM
Let me start by saying all of your questions could be answered by a search, but I understand that, since you're new, the nuance of using the board takes some time... Welcome.

I would suggest looking at this thread:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=56818

There are a bunch of shops around the area that will do OLL's... I would suggest Ade's in Orange, if you don't mind a drive.

If you purchase and have it shipped in it's variable. Jicko has an excellent thread listing prices of various dealers. It also will help with the previous question.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=63050

Any 16" barrel build would be hard pressed to not meet the 30" with any collapsible I've seen, however this does NOT include the folding stocks and variations that are possible with some of the gas piston uppers that don't require the buffer tube (ZM comes to mind).

The DOJ made it impossible for themselves to add any makes/models to the list. Yours will not be added.

________
HA! Cross-posted... Funny how we both used the same format!

tcp
07-15-2007, 7:28 PM
bright spot pawn in riverside, just past the 15 off of the 60 fwy, not too far from you, not expensive and friendly. they also carry oll's.
and keep reading, the info never ends.

davedog665
07-15-2007, 7:36 PM
bright spot pawn in riverside, just past the 15 off of the 60 fwy, not too far from you, not expensive and friendly. they also carry oll's.
and keep reading, the info never ends.

Ya i'll check that place out close to my work.

ya sry guy i have been using the seach button prob. too much everytime i look for an answer i go off on some other thread and totally forget my previous question. im just anxious to get this build underway.

Also i guess thats good that they can't add our OLL's to the list i was scared they would add them b4 i could get a lower hahaha

thanks for the links.

Jicko
07-15-2007, 9:03 PM

:D BRD!!

Just read more on the *tips* post, and most, if not all, of your questions are answered there.