PDA

View Full Version : mag lock on G3/cetme

IH8CALAWS
07-15-2007, 9:33 AM
I am looking to purchase a G3 clone from a buddie of mine and was wondering what size and length of tube needed to disable the mag release. The local gun nshop wants me to drill a hole and put a set screw in the side or the mag release to disable is but I don't want to f up a perfectly good looking gun. the reason ineed to do this is they will not transfer it unless I disable the mag release. Does anyone make a mag lock or bullet button for these rifles or not? I cant wait to get this thing to the range. I picked it up for $300 and it has had only 200 rounds through it.

DJDace
07-15-2007, 11:40 AM
This issue was one of the primary reasons I passed on an HK style .308 rifle for my first long-gun in California. I just couldn't bring myself to have to mutilate my gun.

I hope you can find someone to help ya with the mag-locking issues for your rifle. They are incredible firearms and to this day they are still my favorites from an aesthetic standpoint.

radd
07-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Guess, none of you read my post:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=61125&highlight=ptr-91

Aesthetic Friendly & totally reversible Mag-Lock

:D

DJDace
07-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Guess, none of you read my post:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=61125&highlight=ptr-91

Aesthetic Friendly & totally reversible Mag-Lock

:D

HUZZAH RADD!! Now I can buy PTR-91's with impunity!! ... right after I figure out a way to conceal excessive firearms purchasing from my lovely wife. Which will never happen ... DOH!

Anyways, kick-azz Radd, that is hella awesome. Thanks to you and all the other innovative Calgunners who making being a shooting enthusiast in the PRK a little more tolerable.

SemiAutoSam
07-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Ive been working on a similar device for the last few months but my major concern is the availability of 10 round magazines.

I have scrounged a few original HK 10 round mags but im not at all satisfied with the quality of available aftermarket 10 round mags.

Anyone have a good source for HK Factory 10 round mags?

Or a quality aftermarket 10 round mag.

PsychoTrucker
07-15-2007, 1:49 PM
when I move out to missouri in october send me requests and I'll mod a high cap into a 10 rounder

SemiAutoSam
07-15-2007, 2:01 PM
WE have board member rorschach that will do that already and they are already in the PRC.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/member.php?u=6944

Its not a requirement to be out of state to mod 20 round mags.

when I move out to missouri in october send me requests and I'll mod a high cap into a 10 rounder

PsychoTrucker
07-15-2007, 6:08 PM
thought i would offer

SemiAutoSam
07-15-2007, 6:11 PM
I didn't mean to discount your offer of services what so ever. Just wanted to let you know you dont have to move out of state before you could do this.

thought i would offer

hoffmang
07-15-2007, 6:22 PM
The trick on doing this now in the PRC is to bring in the parts, mod them and then assemble non large-capacity magazines. Make sure they really are hard to reverse and only hold ten rounds. This is a different standard than non "detachable magazines" because it actually says "permanently altered" in the Penal Code as to large-capacity magazines.

-Gene

wayoutwest
07-15-2007, 7:18 PM
I am looking to purchase a G3 clone from a buddie of mine and was wondering what size and length of tube needed to disable the mag release. The local gun nshop wants me to drill a hole and put a set screw in the side or the mag release to disable is but I don't want to f up a perfectly good looking gun. the reason ineed to do this is they will not transfer it unless I disable the mag release. Does anyone make a mag lock or bullet button for these rifles or not? I cant wait to get this thing to the range. I picked it up for $300 and it has had only 200 rounds through it.

SOo how did you get it for $300 bucks, is it a Cetme

PsychoTrucker
07-16-2007, 2:04 AM
ohh no worries SAS i'm moving there because of inheriting property and i'm gonna see if I like it or not.

hoffmang I was thinking of either rivets or using a punch die like on the 10/30 ar mags

hoffmang
07-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Those sorts of modifications appear to be acceptable to BoF.

-Gene