PDA

View Full Version : Answer the damn phone, Reseda!!!

Joey_H
10-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I saw Reseda had a .45 Colt Blackhawk in their used gun inventory, I wanted to check it out today (Saturday) but I live far from that store. I called them last night starting at 7:30 to ask if they still had it. The phone rang and rang and rang and no one picked it up. I double-checked the website to make sure I had the right number, yes I did. I kept calling and calling and calling and no one would pick up that damn phone! I gave up a few minutes past 8 pm.
I had to be at work today Saturday at 11 am, so I couldn't wait until they opened to try calling again, make the 60 mile round trip to the store, and get to work on time. So I drove over there and got there a couple of minutes after they opened. The revolver was stilll on the website after all. Guess what? That damn revolver had already been sold!!! I told the salesman I tried calling last night, and no one would pick up the phone. You called this number? No, I'm so stupid I don't know how to dial the right number. I turned around and left in disgust. I'm never and I repeat never going to waste my time driving to the Reseda store again. I will not lie I'm very pissed!!

dragonboy221
10-20-2012, 1:37 PM
dude, that F'ing suxs. i freaking HATE the Turners on Reseda. went there once to buy shotgun ammo and had to pick a number and wait 1 hour!!!!! they have the annoying beeping sound, stale uncirculated air, and its hot in there. and the computers they use are from the early 90's!!!!!!!

i do admit, they do have very good deal on guns. but their service/customer service suxs!!!!

go to Oaktreegunclub and tell them to price match with Turners. they are much better.

SemperFlexibus
10-26-2012, 12:59 PM
it's not the first time and won't be the last when guns on their web site are not available if you search this forum...

Reseda got a minor remodel so it's a better looking store since last few months.

Joey_H
10-29-2012, 2:22 AM
That .45 Colt Blackhawk was removed from the website, and now it's back. I'm not going back there, no way!!

Riddler
10-29-2012, 7:33 PM
That .45 Colt Blackhawk was removed from the website, and now it's back. I'm not going back there, no way!!

The Reseda turners is probably trying to troll on you.

compshell
12-22-2012, 3:09 PM
I hate that store too, I gave it a chance this morning, got in at 1022 (they open at 1000). What a waste of time. 45 people ahead in the counter cue and I did not see them updating it. I wasted 10 minutes didn't see the counter get updated and left.

Frack- Why are they the only game in town? I miss some of the other shops that closed down.

The prices also went up due to a potential ban- wa to go turners. All you people buying ARs and AKs are getting taken for a ride.

I already have my "modern rifles" and wanted to stock up on other stuff but it was chaos. Too bad- had 3K cash to spend too. Ohh well, will hunt online instead. No lines- no hassle.

JNunez23
12-22-2012, 3:17 PM
They're not missing your business dude; trust me.

MikeinnLA
12-22-2012, 4:03 PM
I miss B & B.:(

compshell
12-22-2012, 6:56 PM
They're not missing your business dude; trust me.

If the AWB does happen, you will see companies get wiped out. People are buying AWs , once that demand falls, companies like Turners won't be pulling in the type of business they once had.Then you can come and tell me they are not hurting for my business......

I miss B&B too........

JNunez23
12-22-2012, 7:30 PM
If the AWB does happen, you will see companies get wiped out. People are buying AWs , once that demand falls, companies like Turners won't be pulling in the type of business they once had.Then you can come and tell me they are not hurting for my business......

I miss B&B too........

Go and tell it to the people other than myself who were in line for 5 hours today.

I live down the street from the old B&B..Armenian grocery store now, pass by it every day.

tcp
12-22-2012, 9:02 PM
When you have 30-50 waiting in line to buy something, a phone call is not a priority. As a retail store owner, I give preferential treatment to customers who took the time to come into my store and are willing to wait. Sometimes you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

1st2fight
12-23-2012, 7:59 AM

I miss B&B too........

what??? Turner's is selling assault weapons? I need to get one of those...

maybe that's why reseda is so backed up since no one else in CA can sell them... ;-)

JNunez23
12-23-2012, 8:04 AM
When you have 30-50 waiting in line to buy something, a phone call is not a priority. As a retail store owner, I give preferential treatment to customers who took the time to come into my store and are willing to wait. Sometimes you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

You know whats funny?? That they are trying to answer the phone.

You don't know how many calls they took. WOW!! They also streamlined all the people who ONLY where there for pick ups and ammo only!!

+1 for Turners!! And I don't usually shout out Turners!!

SemperFlexibus
12-23-2012, 9:07 AM
where can I buy one of those ammo clips that can keep shooting by themselves???

they must be available everywhere since the idiot talking heads and politicians are trying to ban them....

hermosabeach
12-23-2012, 9:15 AM
I saw 4 different sites that have closed to get caught up on orders.

I just do not see how any retail shop can staff for the current frenzy

Brownells announced that they sold more pmags in 72 hours than in the prior 3 1/2 years!!!

I have no dog in this fight....

hermosabeach
12-23-2012, 9:15 AM
I saw 4 different sites that have closed to get caught up on orders.

I just do not see how any retail shop can staff for the current frenzy

Brownells announced that they sold more pmags in 72 hours than in the prior 3 1/2 years!!!

I have no dog in this fight....

kayaker55
12-27-2012, 4:26 PM
Like many people, I've been to Turners, Oak Tree, Rettings, Ammo Bros, and Bass Pro recently. They all have three things in common: 1. Overwhelmed by demand; 2. Little or no inventory; and 3. Little or no ammo. IMHO, no one store or salesman created this environment. Expecting to go into any of these retailers and expecting to get out in a few minutes is unrealistic.