PDA

View Full Version : Cali legal AR's with bullet button

CaliAR
07-14-2007, 4:42 PM
Can I get AR-15 california legal with a bullet button mag? Can I build an AR with this feature? Or is the only option for an AR-15 in California is with a welded mag well?

slick_711
07-14-2007, 4:44 PM
Can I get AR-15 california legal with a bullet button mag? Can I build an AR with this feature? Or is the only option for an AR-15 in California is with a welded mag well?

Yes. Yes. No (but supposedly up to DOJ and 58 DA interpretation).

SemiAutoSam
07-14-2007, 4:48 PM
I sell this kit which makes a real clean smooth looking AR.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=41634

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/mag-lock/SASML.jpg

hoffmang
07-14-2007, 11:43 PM
The "permanent" and weld crap is a lie. Read this and you'll understand why:

http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/oal/Underground_Rulemaking_Important_Notice-2007-07-11-04-public.pdf

Use a bullet button or go featureless so you can use detachable magazines (I recommend having one of each.)

-Gene

NorCalRifleman
07-15-2007, 12:37 AM
While it's not an easy read, that certainly answered my questions regarding the bullet button. Thanks, Hoffmang. Does it ever seem like these "lawmakers" just assume gun owners are stupid, like we aren't going to catch on when they try to back door us? :rolleyes:

hoffmang
07-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Many of those in power do believe that they will not be called on their antics in any serious and consequential way.

-Gene

leelaw
07-15-2007, 12:57 AM
While it's not an easy read, that certainly answered my questions regarding the bullet button. Thanks, Hoffmang. Does it ever seem like these "lawmakers" just assume gun owners are stupid, like we aren't going to catch on when they try to back door us? :rolleyes:

CA DOJ isn't populated with "lawmakers" no matter how much they wished they were.

Jicko
07-15-2007, 2:08 AM

In our opinion, yes (for ur first question). Dunno what u r asking for your 2nd question. No for your third.

To convince yourself and to learn more. Go follow the link in my signature.

And "bullet button" is the latest way to make the magazine "non-detachable".

762cavalier
07-15-2007, 8:25 AM
:xeno::beatdeadhorse5: hahaha finally got to use those smilies. You guys are much nicer than me this morning:43:

Diablo
07-15-2007, 8:32 AM
:xeno::beatdeadhorse5: hahaha finally got to use those smilies. You guys are much nicer than me this morning:43:

I understand how some of you feel when the same question is asked 1000 times, but I do feel theabove responses are the best way to go. We have to be as helpful as possible to anyone that joins this site...the more that join the stronger we'll be....:D

I feel that sometimes when new members are just told to "use the search button" or "read first", they just decide to walk away...just IMHO...:p

mwhistle
07-15-2007, 9:34 AM
Although I'm new to this forum, I'm experienced in others. I agree with Diablo's comments and rationale.

IH8CALAWS
07-15-2007, 9:44 AM
I just talked to DOJ on friday an the guy on the other end of the phone told me the bullet button is not illegal but it isn't completely legal either,only because they have not accecpted it and are not going to. He told me they are waiting for a court decision on the detatchable or capability to accecpt detatchable mag. H e also told me that if one of their agent see's one of us with a mag lock/bullet button they will confiscate the weapon, he also told me that local law inforcement will not bother us and that only three individuals have even had their guns taken by agents and havent ben prosecuted yet. so the bullet button/mag lock is up in the air but that wont stop me from in stalling them on my new dsa recievers i just picked up.

SemiAutoSam
07-15-2007, 10:07 AM
DOJ talk is cheap. The doj staffer does not have to back up his words with actions.

The next time you talk to them ask them to back up their claims as to how the Bullet Button or my MAG-LOCK is illegal according to LAW.

Keep in mind they do not have to accept it for it to be legal.

Maybe they can expand on how if something isn't illegal it cant be completely legal ?

Sounds like more DOJ (HOMER) physco-babble.

I just talked to DOJ on Friday an the guy on the other end of the phone told me the bullet button is not illegal but it isn't completely legal either, only because they have not accepted it and are not going to. He told me they are waiting for a court decision on the detachable or capability to accept detachable mag. H e also told me that if one of their agent see's one of us with a mag lock/bullet button they will confiscate the weapon, he also told me that local law enforcement will not bother us and that only three individuals have even had their guns taken by agents and haven't ben prosecuted yet. so the bullet button/mag lock is up in the air but that wont stop me from in stalling them on my new dsa receivers i just picked up.

hoffmang
07-15-2007, 11:07 AM
My understanding is that the Matt Corwin's case has a bullet button equipped rifle. That will probably end up being the final determination that the bullet button is legal. Also, watch the OAL petition as its success will reinforce that the standards for a non "detachable magazine" are quite low.

-Gene