PDA

View Full Version : Hope to acquire a CCW...looking for suggestions

Wheelinarcher
10-19-2012, 11:59 AM
I have used a wheelchair for mobilty for over 28 years after an automobile accident left me partially paralyzed. I have recently been certified after taking classes that many counties require to apply for a CCW. Unfortunately, I live in Contra Costa County and work in Alameda County. I manage a real estate office and often do not leave the office until late in the evening. I also visit homes that are not occupied and once encountered a homeless man that spent the night and ran out the back door as I was coming in the front door.

I would like to acquire a CCW for my protection and the protection of my two younger children. We are very active and travel allot around the bay area. I am worried that the sheriff in CCC will not feel that I have a valid reason to carry concealed.

Any thoughts or comments?

21SF
10-19-2012, 12:25 PM
The only thing you can do is apply, see what happens.

Also there is a subforum dedicated to LTC, witha CCC tab.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=116

Wheelinarcher
10-19-2012, 12:29 PM
The only thing you can do is apply, see what happens.

Also there is a subforum dedicated to LTC, witha CCC tab.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=116
Thanks 21SF...i did check on the link and I will refer back to it while filling out my application

paul0660
10-19-2012, 12:34 PM
You can't be optimistic about CC, but there is no harm in trying.

once encountered a homeless man that spent the night and ran out the back door as I was coming in the front door.

As trivial as this turned out to be, if reported and documented these incidents can add to your good cause.

If you can stand the 'tude, check out Calccw.com as well.

Wheelinarcher
10-19-2012, 12:46 PM
You can't be optimistic about CC, but there is no harm in trying.

As trivial as this turned out to be, if reported and documented these incidents can add to your good cause.

If you can stand the 'tude, check out Calccw.com as well.
I agree...there is a police report, so that should help

Librarian
10-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Note that the Sheriff's policy (illegally) requires a denial from your city of residence before the office will accept an app from a city resident.