View Full Version : Ciener AR-15 .22LR conversion kit

07-13-2007, 8:44 PM
I just ordered a dedicated .22lr upper that uses a modified Ciener conversion kit. I am looking for a source of reasonably priced 10rd mags for it and I can only find the Ciener mags priced from $30-$40 per mag. Everyone seems to have nothing but good things to say about the Black Dog Machine mags, but they only offer 30 rounders. I called Black Dog and they definitely have no interest in producing 10 round mags, their solution was that I should move out of CA (this coming from a guy who lives in Idaho.....Napoleon Dynamite, enough said!)

It looks like they could easily be limited to 10 rounds with just a small bolt or screw, however nobody offers this so I would have to do it myself. Would there be any problem (legally) with a retailer sending me the mags disassembled so that I could mod them to only hold 10 rounds? And if there is no problem with this, are there any retailers willing to do this, because the few I have spoken with don't know CA law and, understandably, don't care to risk possible illegal actions?

07-13-2007, 9:11 PM
Don't use a screw. That could be seen as not permanent.

Instead use a rivet, like a lot of AR mags to limit capacity.

07-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Which upper did you buy? I think you'll be stuck buying Ciener 10 rd mags. They are good though, but expensive.