View Full Version : Riflegear NiB BCG Review

10-17-2012, 10:23 AM
I couldn't find any reviews of Riflegear's new nickel boron BCG so I thought I'd share one in case anyone else is looking to pick one up. Here's a link to it:

I picked mine up yesterday so I haven't had chance to field test it yet. These are just my initial impressions. I have a NiB BCG in my LWRC and love them for a number of reasons. I won't debate a normal vs NiB BCG, buy whatever makes you happy. :thumbsup:

Riflegear's stuff is GTG. This new BCG is no exception (see above link for specs). The carrier and bolt are completely coated. The retaining pin and firing pin are not (correct me if I'm wrong on the firing pin). And of course the gas keys are properly staked.

The cam pin is coated and is a b*tch to rotate and remove. I've never had such a difficult time removing that part but I'm hoping it loosens up over time. Once disassembled, there was a tiny bit of carbon on the parts. Little bit of gun cleaner and a once over with the rag and it's perfect. Installed in my Colt AR with no problems.

Comparing it directly to my LWRC BCG, I'll say the fit and finish is excellent. The parts are top notch. The only difference I noticed was the Riflegear BCG didn't seem as slick to the touch but definitely more lubricated than a normal BCG. This is not scientific but the LWRC version is really slick in your hand. No big deal since I put a dab of EWL on there to coat it anyway.

I was debating between the Spikes, Fail Zero, WMD and Riflegear NiB BCG. Reason why I went with Riflegear is because I like to support a local business and their customer service is great.

Thanks for reading. PM me if you have any questions about it.

10-17-2012, 10:31 AM
That's one sexy azz BCG.

10-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Please get rid of that fake can.

10-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Looks good. You now need to go shoot and report back :19:

10-17-2012, 11:40 AM

Why do you say that? :rolleyes:

10-17-2012, 11:52 AM
JD, range report to follow. Hopefully this weekend!

CK, you know you like it. :thumbsup:

11-08-2012, 6:34 PM
Magix, how do you like the RifleGear NiB BCG? Have you had a chance to take it out to the range? I just bought one today and am picking it up this weekend and am curious about your thoughts on it.

11-08-2012, 7:30 PM
Thanks for the review! Will put that on the "want" list.

11-08-2012, 7:43 PM
Nice, I've been toying with that idea in my head for awhile if i want one, might go get one of these haha. Thanks for the review and the fake can looks good!

11-08-2012, 7:50 PM
Thanks guys! I'm glad the review is helpful. :)

Enfield, I haven't had a chance to get out to the range to test it yet. Having some family things that are more important right now. On top of that I'm waiting for my Geissele trigger to come in the mail.

11-08-2012, 8:05 PM
What was the cost?

HK Dave
11-08-2012, 8:08 PM

Musta been drunk last night when i wrote this post... oooh so mean. :)

Yes please get rid of the fake can.

11-08-2012, 8:24 PM
Magix, life does get in the way of fun sometimes and family should always be most important. Hopefully you will get to hit the range with it soon and with a new trigger to boot. :)

11-09-2012, 8:02 AM
Musta been drunk last night when i wrote this post... oooh so mean. :)

Yes please get rid of the fake can.

To each his own.

11-09-2012, 8:18 AM
HK Dave, you hurt my feelings! *sniff sniff* Just kidding, I got love for ya and respect your opinion. You can shoot a mag through that AR if you see me at the range. I bet you'll have fun! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't recommend putting a fake suppressor on a SHTF AR but for a range gun it's fantastic! Enjoy the day gentleman!