PDA

View Full Version : Where can I order an AK-variant rifle?

lilro
10-17-2012, 9:39 AM
All the nearby FFLs don't have 'em, or only have 'em in 5.45. I'm mainly looking for an Arsenal in 7.62x39. I've decided to go against my better judgement and order one online. Are there any CA-friendly places that stock these?

atakacorp
10-17-2012, 10:10 AM
try Atlantic ,why not a Saiga(conversion) ?
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=1450&virtuemart_category_id=23
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=152&Itemid=706

ChaneRZ
10-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Where are you located? Atlantic firearms is your best bet.

CK_32
10-17-2012, 10:20 AM
If not completely set on a arsenal check out a WASR or M&M base line..

I've heard and seen a few guys post about their WASR being just as good as top dollar arsenals being they own both.. I have no complaints to my WASR besides the wood I know some would want to upgrade by that's not much at all. But I'm completely happy with how it is out of the box

lilro
10-17-2012, 10:27 AM
I've heard issues of WASRs having build issues such as canted sights. I'm not ONLY looking for an Arsenal, that was just what I preferred.

I'll check out Atlantic. Do they ship with bullet buttons?

CK_32
10-17-2012, 10:40 AM
I've heard issues of WASRs having build issues such as canted sights. I'm not ONLY looking for an Arsenal, that was just what I preferred.

I suggest a you look into that.. There have been a least 5 WASR threads where several have debunked that QC every other rifle for the most part and I've personally read up on them a lot before buying mine and that's pretty much the way older ones pre G2 trigger WASRs that have all those issues.. I posted a huge thread with that article ill see if I can locate it.

But that's almost done and gone for the most part of them being complete crap.

And as for the bullet button I believe you can order one with out to your RLL and they can install on site before they sell it to you. Or you can buy one bring it in shop and installs it your self. But again depends on the shop.

marcopolo650
10-17-2012, 10:47 AM

IMHO, don't buy online, the reason being is that by the time you pick a rifle that you like, lets say for example if you pick an Arsenal SGL-23-61 (if they have it in stock) from Atlantic firearms or any other California friendly online store, this is how much it will cost you by the time you have it in your possessions:

Arsenal SGL-23-61 $865 (It comes converted for California so no need to buy a bullet button)
Shipping $25
FFL transfer fee between $60 to $100 (some FFLs charge $100 believe it or not!!!)
add all that then tax the total, so you are looking at $1029.56 total (I'm assuming that the FFL transfer fee is at minimum, $60)
if it is any other AK then you are looking at another $45 charge for the Bullet Button, SO just find any local shop and buy it from them cause it will be cheaper and you get to inspect the rifle at least. That is just my opinion

eclectic
10-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Too bad you just missed the turner's coupon. $500 for a WASR.

marcopolo650
10-17-2012, 11:32 AM
I have a 1973 WASR 10/63 and to be honest, this rifle is really under rated. The fit and finish on mine is excellent

lilro
10-17-2012, 11:49 AM
I suggest a you look into that.. There have been a least 5 WASR threads where several have debunked that QC every other rifle for the most part and I've personally read up on them a lot before buying mine and that's pretty much the way older ones pre G2 trigger WASRs that have all those issues.. I posted a huge thread with that article ill see if I can locate it.

But that's almost done and gone for the most part of them being complete crap.

And as for the bullet button I believe you can order one with out to your RLL and they can install on site before they sell it to you. Or you can buy one bring it in shop and installs it your self. But again depends on the shop.

So the WASRs are good now? That's actually good news. A nearby FFL has some and I was gonna pass on it.

Thanks.

marcopolo650
10-17-2012, 11:52 AM
So the WASRs are good now? That's actually good news. A nearby FFL has some and I was gonna pass on it.

Thanks.
if you get it for $550 then its a good price, just inspect them first

kotton
10-17-2012, 12:02 PM

I just picked up one of those $499 wasr 10/63s from turners a week ago. From my research it seems like the problem wasr's were the earlier versions and wasr-10's. By all accounts the new wasr 10/63's dont have the canted sight/gas block issues , and just to note the wood furniture that came with mine is very decent.