PDA

View Full Version : Stag Arms 3G - New SJC from MakeReadyProShop.com

lwlaml
10-14-2012, 7:54 PM
Hello Board,

I received my Stag Arms 3G upper just in time for today's Linea de Fuego 3-gun at Pala. After a nine week backorder I got it on Thursday, built a featureless lower and sighted it in. The only disappointment I have is the stock compensator - It doesn't feel like it does anything. I decided to replace it with the SJC. If you've read reviews, they're all true. Excellent comp that does a great job keeping the reticle on target for follow ups and controlled pairs.

I really want to use this post to acknowledge www.makereadyproshop.com!!! I placed my order for the SJC comp late Thursday. Then I followed up with a phone call to make sure they got my order. They confirmed that they did and it would go out on Friday. I explained that I wanted to have it for a match on Sunday and it would be great to have it go out Thursday so I could receive it via USPS Priority by Saturday. Well long story short, the owner DROVE TO THE ONLY MAIL PICKUP in town with a late pickup and personally made sure I'd receive it in time.

Amazing service.

Lester

Speedpower
10-14-2012, 8:31 PM
Hello Board,

I received my Stag Arms 3G upper just in time for today's Linea de Fuego 3-gun at Pala. After a nine week backorder I got it on Thursday, built a featureless lower and sighted it in. The only disappointment I have is the stock compensator - It doesn't feel like it does anything. I decided to replace it with the SJC. If you've read reviews, they're all true. Excellent comp that does a great job keeping the reticle on target for follow ups and controlled pairs.

I really want to use this post to acknowledge www.makereadyproshop.com!!! I placed my order late Thursday. Then I followed up with a phone call to make sure they got my order. They confirmed that they did and it would go out on Friday. I explained that I wanted to have it for a match on Sunday and it would be great to have it go out Thursday so I could receive it via USPS Priority by Saturday. Well long story short, the owner DROVE TO THE ONLY MAIL PICKUP in town with a late pickup and personally made sure I'd receive it in time.

Amazing service.

Lester

How did you order from them? it does not show that they are selling any uppers at all in their website, also I'm confuse on how and when you placed the order.

lwlaml
10-14-2012, 8:34 PM
I bought the SJC comp from them. The upper came direct from Stag.

Speedpower
10-14-2012, 8:55 PM
I bought the SJC comp from them. The upper came direct from Stag.

Oh, I got it! I thought you ordered the upper from Marks Ready Pro Shop too, so the Stag 3G upper is back in stock, cool!

lwlaml
10-14-2012, 8:57 PM
It's not in stock. They're building them as fast as they can, but there's still an eight week back order. I ordered mine two months ago and just received it this week.

Oh, I got it! I thought you ordered the upper from Marks Ready Pro Shop too, so the Stag 3G upper is back in stock, cool!

Bladewurk
10-16-2012, 7:27 PM
Yep I can attest Lester's Stag 3G shot nice and flat with the SJC. A friend just got the 3G upper from Ammo Bros they had a few in stock btw...
Also I did fire my friend's with the factory 3G comp and I think it needs some tuning ports drilled for stability or just replace it with the SJC or something else like MSTN QC etc..My choice is the MB556K and I am happy with it.

Was nice meeting you Lester see you at WEGC

lwlaml
10-16-2012, 7:32 PM
Hey Phil. Nice shooting with you on Sunday - we had a good squad.

I saw the LdF scores today and they have you in Tac. We're you shooting a magnified optic?

Lester

Bladewurk
10-17-2012, 8:32 AM
No magnified optic just an Aimpoint, I planned to run a 1-4X optic , but couldn't confirm zero..and then forgot to change the sheet. Does my time on Stage 1 look right to you?
( Last stage of the day.)
Good practice and my Rifle is setup for WEGC Tac Match now..

lwlaml
10-17-2012, 9:36 AM
I think you had two mikes on the swinger which would have added 20 sec to your time. Taking that into consideration I think the time looks right. What do you think?

No magnified optic just an Aimpoint, I planned to run a 1-4X optic , but couldn't confirm zero..and then forgot to change the sheet. Does my time on Stage 1 look right to you?
( Last stage of the day.)
Good practice and my Rifle is setup for WEGC Tac Match now..

Bladewurk
10-17-2012, 2:29 PM
Thanks man I think I need to pay attention and start taking Ginkgo..I think you had two mikes on the swinger which would have added 20 sec to your time. Taking that into consideration I think the time looks right. What do you think?