PDA

View Full Version : To buy or not to buy,that is the ?

jamesob
10-14-2012, 6:42 PM
My brother from out of state offered me a daewoo k1a1 for a good price. I owned a dr200 years ago and sure loved it. As far as I know the k1a1 is not listed but if someone knows for sure let me know.

Sunday
10-14-2012, 6:45 PM
If you can own it the Daewoos are nice!!!

mrvash
10-14-2012, 6:47 PM
Daewoo? Didn't they make vehicles?

zfields
10-14-2012, 6:48 PM
How much? If you dont want it id love to pick it up for the right price :)

Sicarius
10-15-2012, 10:28 AM
K1 is banned by CA unfortunately.
Kevin

jamesob
10-15-2012, 2:13 PM
K1 is banned by CA unfortunately.
Kevin
yes the k1 is but as far as i have seen the k1a1 is not

chead
10-15-2012, 2:22 PM
If you can get a K1x, do it so hard and so fast.

Tank 57
10-15-2012, 9:37 PM
Daewoo was a massive conglomerate.Went bust several years ago.Some of the divisions survive as independent companies.

Quiet
10-15-2012, 9:42 PM
yes the k1 is but as far as i have seen the k1a1 is not

MANUFACTURER: Daewoo Precision Industries Ltd.
MARKINGS: K1, Max1, or AR110C usually located on the left side of the receiver on the magazine well.
Comments: Markings may include A1 and other designations, but these additional markings are not material to identifying the firearm as an assault weapon.

Quiet
10-15-2012, 9:57 PM
Daewoo? Didn't they make vehicles?

History...
The Daewoo Group was the second largest conglomerate in South Korea, until the ROK government dismantled it in 1999 (Asian financial market crash, forced government to step in and reorganize).
There were 20 divisions within Daewoo, which made everything from textiles, electronics, firearms, heavy machinery, vehicles, ships and musical instruments.

Today there are seven companies that survived from the Daewoo Group.
*Daewoo Electronics (DE) - Specializing in electronics
*Daewoo Engineering & Construction - Specializing in construction
*Daewoo International Corporation - Specializing in trading and investment
*Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) - Specializing in shipbuilding
*GM Daewoo - Specializing in automobiles, majority owned by GM
*S&T Daewoo - Specializing in small arms manufacture
*Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle - Specializing in commercial vehicles, wholly owned by Tata

In regards to firearms...
Daewoo Precision Industries was the division with the Daewoo Group that was responsible for producing firearms.
They started off making licensed copies of the Colt M-16A1 (Colt supplied machinery/tooling/tech support) and went on to create & manufacture all the small arms (K1, K2, K3, K4, K5, K7 & K11) used by the ROK military.
After the collapse of the Daewoo Group, Daewoo Precision Industries was reorganized and became an independent company.
Around 2005, S&T acquired Daewoo Precision Indsutries and reorganized it into S&T Daewoo. As part of the reorganization, all firearms for the civilian market were discontinued.
S&T Daewoo currently makes small arms for the Mil/Gov market only.

Newest small arm designed and made by S&T Daewoo...
... the S&T Daewoo K-11 (5.56x45/20x30), which was adopted by the ROK military in 2010 and deployed with ROK ISAF in A'Stan in 2011.
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9104/600df.jpg

TKM
10-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Nice guns, good combination of AR/AK features.

Sold one for an obscene amount of money back in the day.

Inquirer
10-15-2012, 10:33 PM
How much? If you dont want it id love to pick it up for the right price :)

Saw this coming... :rolleyes:

jamesob
10-16-2012, 11:16 AM
MANUFACTURER: Daewoo Precision Industries Ltd.
MARKINGS: K1, Max1, or AR110C usually located on the left side of the receiver on the magazine well.
Comments: Markings may include A1 and other designations, but these additional markings are not material to identifying the firearm as an assault weapon.

doesn't the law state that make and model have to be listed? and it clearly says that the additional a1 markings are not material. i would think that it falls in the same situation as some colts , but i could be wrong