PDA

View Full Version : Badger Ordnance

PistolPete75
07-12-2007, 2:54 PM
Are Badger Ordnance mounts and rings worth the big bucks? I ordered a set and was making sure that it was well worth it.

These piece of metals are sure expensive. :(

wildcard
07-12-2007, 4:04 PM
Good stuff.. good choice.

I'd personally go for IOR Valdada rings and bases because they're cheaper and plenty good.

ocabj
07-12-2007, 4:05 PM
They do make a good scope rail and good rings. But there are plenty of alternatives out there for cheaper.

TPS makes excellent products, but they've always had problems supplying retailers. But for $50-$75 a set of rings these are hard to pass up.

Ken Farrell makes less expensive bases that are also excellent quality.

I've heard Precision Reflex makes good mounts for less as well.

Check out Big River Tactical (http://www.bigrivertactical.com/page/page/1752083.htm), who carries various scope mount and rings.

PistolPete75
07-12-2007, 4:30 PM
They do make a good scope rail and good rings. But there are plenty of alternatives out there for cheaper.

TPS makes excellent products, but they've always had problems supplying retailers. But for $50-$75 a set of rings these are hard to pass up.

I've heard Precision Reflex makes good mounts for less as well.

Check out Big River Tactical (http://www.bigrivertactical.com/page/page/1752083.htm), who carries various scope mount and rings.

i got my badger ordinance mount from Triad Tactical. They had the best deal at $143 delivered. Rings are backordered everywhere, so I can still cancel my order at Midway, and perhaps try the IOR rings or TPS. tnx for the advise guys.

Mute
07-12-2007, 5:41 PM
I love Badger rings and bases, but if you want to save a few bucks there are very good alternatives for less. In addition to the ones named, I recommend taking a look at Seekins Precision also.

ocabj
07-12-2007, 7:25 PM
Brownells with dealer discount has the Badger rails for $134 and TPS steel rings for $50 or less depending on height.

Pthfndr
07-12-2007, 7:37 PM

Farrell makes a good scope base. I have one on a rifle and been very happy with it.

But....Farrell bases are not true picatinny 1913 spec, so some rings may not fit. I know Night Force rings will, and IIRC, TPS rings will.

rksimple
07-12-2007, 7:53 PM
Farrell makes a good scope base. I have one on a rifle and been very happy with it.

But....Farrell bases are not true picatinny 1913 spec, so some rings may not fit. I know Night Force rings will, and IIRC, TPS rings will.

TPS rings will fit with the proper crossbolt. They have picatinny, Farrell, and Weaver spec crossbolts. You need to specify which one with the order. Farrell bases are also very high so they normally need lower rings than normal.

Also, the newer IOR rings are made by TPS.

Prc329
07-12-2007, 8:38 PM
I'm running a warne base and burris extreme tactical rings. Rings were under $50 bas was under $100. So far they have been solid. Held my IOR perfect for 60 rounds of BH 175g smk loads and the base held fine with mu old leupold rings and my old SS.

Timberwolf
07-12-2007, 10:48 PM
You done good Pete - Badger is the standard others are compared too.

PistolPete75
07-13-2007, 12:14 AM

excellent, i just got the base in today. hopefully the rings will come by next week.

boro62
07-13-2007, 1:00 AM
im using warne bases and leupy mk4 rings (if i remember right)

rksimple
07-13-2007, 10:03 AM

I'll bet Seekins is close on Badger's tail to holding this title. Some think the passing of the torch has already happened.

proraptor
07-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Im using Warne one piece bas and Warne Maxima QD rings and havent had any problems....very solid

QuarterBoreGunner
07-13-2007, 12:25 PM
I've got both Warne and Badger; Warne QDs on the varmint 22-250 and Badgers on a one piece base on the Rem LTR. Both are solid products but I think the Badgers are perhaps a little beefier.

Now I just need to get a Badger bolt handle for the LTR and I'll be set.

PistolPete75
07-26-2007, 11:04 PM
wow, just got the badger rings in today. well worth the 3 week wait. these things are built like a tank. can't wait to put em on, and try em out this weekend.

08-05-2007, 7:39 PM
You will not be disappointed with your purchase Pete. They are rock solid.

speedracer
08-05-2007, 8:44 PM
My business goes to Glen Seekins of Seekins Precision. Top notch product and even better customer service. I got a personal call from the man himself
checking in to see if I received my base and rings and how well they performed.

PistolPete75
08-05-2007, 9:31 PM
You will not be disappointed with your purchase Pete. They are rock solid.

they are definitely rock solid. beefy and heavy. nothing to complain about except for the price.