PDA

View Full Version : Scar 16s?

connorr931
10-13-2012, 10:43 PM
I have been seeing tons of these for sale. To those who have one do you enjoy it? I have been considering one for a long time but it seems that a lot of people I talk to have purchased one only to sell it shortly after. Is it just hard times or is there another reason? SCAR owners, do you enjoy your rifle?

jpm804
10-13-2012, 10:59 PM
One of my theories is that they are selling it for a SCAR 17 :p

I was thinking of doing the same thing but I love shooting it too much that I end up just buying it a SCAR 17 to keep it company. :D

pc_load_letter
10-14-2012, 6:29 AM
Yup Yup!! Very high CDI (chicks dig it) factor.

Fun to shoot, very good controls (ambi safety as I run it featureless). Super easy to takedown and clean.

Zerorye351w
10-14-2012, 6:35 AM
SCAR 17s is awesome. Light weight and light recoil (compared to M1A). Loves surplus ammo. I defintely would buy a 16s to keep my 17s company.

m03
10-14-2012, 8:58 AM
I like mine, and I sold 2 other rifles after getting it since it basically rendered both of them obsolete for me :)

It's well balanced, light recoil, light weight, and fun to shoot.

The only real complaint I have was that factory trigger is gritty and heavy. Easily rectified with a Timney or Geissele unit (both of which I've tried out and both of which are great).

Baconator
10-14-2012, 9:09 AM
I miss mine. I had to sell it due to financial reasons, but I will get another one when I have the coin. Fun gun, would be even funner in a state where you can fold the stock.

Todosi
10-14-2012, 2:12 PM
I ran these through their paces in a rather extreme way recently and have nothing but great things to say about them. Upon looking at the design, it seemed that it would get gummed up quickly, but after water and mud, dust and dirt and several thousand rounds downrange, they continued to run like champs. Easy to field strip and clean and a joy to shoot. If you can find a decent deal on one, snag it!

MrPlink
10-14-2012, 2:12 PM
Look at all the ARs for sale? What do you make of that?

Todosi
10-14-2012, 2:13 PM
I ran these through their paces in a rather extreme way recently and have nothing but great things to say about them. Upon looking at the design, it seemed that it would get gummed up quickly, but after water and mud, dust and dirt and several thousand rounds downrange, they continued to run like champs. Easy to field strip and clean and a joy to shoot. If you can find a decent deal on one, snag it!

Bug Guy
10-14-2012, 7:18 PM
I love mine have both 16 and 17....really all that go's to the rang with me any more

JDW67
10-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Just got mine last week and did some shooting this last weekend. Great gun, but I'm still on the fence as to whether it will replace my AR or not.