PDA

View Full Version : Holographic sights

crfrocket
10-13-2012, 8:19 PM
Hey guys, found some holographic sights on LA craigslist for $75 plus shipping. I'm not sure how to post the link but if you type in Ar-15 in the search box under sporting you will see them. They look like a total knock off ofthe an Eotech but for $75 bucks you're not losing too much if it sucks......

mrvash
10-13-2012, 8:23 PM
Hey guys, found some holographic sights on LA craigslist for $75 plus shipping. I'm not sure how to post the link but if you type in Ar-15 in the search box under sporting you will see them. They look like a total knock off ofthe an Eotech but for $75 bucks you're not losing too much if it sucks......

Thanks for the heads up, but most likely they're either stolen or fake-a-mundo. :)

Mossy Man
well if it doesn't work at all, that's $75 you just lost.

Better off spending $100 on a Primary Arms Aimpoint clone that will work, guaranteed.

Merc1138
You're losing $75 if it sucks. Might as well buy a real one for $300-$400 new when they're on sale(or pick a real one up used). Especially considering that a knockoff eotech isn't a holographic sight anyway, you'd be far better off buying a $100 red dot from Bushnell, Primary Arms, Vortex, and a few other companies(without risking your $75).

LBDamned
10-13-2012, 8:25 PM
well if it doesn't work at all, that's $75 you just lost.

Better off spending $100 on a Primary Arms Aimpoint clone that will work, guaranteed.

gotta wait 2-3 months (or more) though...

Mossy Man
10-13-2012, 8:27 PM
gotta wait 2-3 months (or more) though...

oh wow, just checked. haven't been there since i got mine last year.

well...bushnell trs25s are in stock
https://www.primaryarms.com/Bushnell_Trophy_TRS25_Red_Dot_Sight_1x25mm_3_p/bs731303.htm

my best friend uses one on his AR and it works flawlessly, great deal for under $100

Bartin
10-13-2012, 8:36 PM
guaranteed that's not a holographic sight. Spend more on a better RDS or a real Eotech, the only manufacturer of actual holographic sights, and avoid the crappy red dot pretending to be a holo.
Like Mossy and Merc and others before have said, as little as $5 more and you get a good low end red dot from bushnell and others.

crfrocket
10-13-2012, 9:48 PM
Thanks for the replys guys, thought I'd get some feedback from you guys since I'm fairly new to the AR scene. I'm a cheapskate so i saw this and drooled, I guess the old saying if it looks too good to be true applies here. Thanks again for the insight.....

Chewbaca
10-13-2012, 10:23 PM
I love my bushnell trs !!!

WETP
10-14-2012, 7:05 AM
IMHO, save your money, even if you have to wait months and buy and Eotech or Aimpoint. You won't regret it.

Bobby Ricigliano
10-14-2012, 7:16 AM
I'd rather stick with iron sights than taint one of my rifles with cheap airsoft clone crap like that.

evidens83
10-14-2012, 7:18 AM
I'd rather stick with iron sights than taint one of my rifles with cheap airsoft clone crap like that.

/thread

LBDamned
10-14-2012, 8:39 AM
Thanks for the replys guys, thought I'd get some feedback from you guys since I'm fairly new to the AR scene. I'm a cheapskate so i saw this and drooled, I guess the old saying if it looks too good to be true applies here. Thanks again for the insight.....

if you can wait, Primary Arms Aimpoint clones are said to be very good (I'm considering waiting to get one)...

If you are itchy to get something right away, Vortex Strikefire is a great choice at a very good price...

I use a Vortex Spark, Vortex Strikefire, Burris XTS135 and previously had a Lucid HD7... they are all very worthwhile considerations, but I really like the Strikefire (the green dot is quicker for me to acquire too)...

On the other hand, the Aimpoint Pro at $360 shipped (from Midway *after coupon code) is hard to ignore... it comes with a very good mount (QRP2) which I currently use with the Strikefire.

If you're stuck in the sub $100 range - your best bet is wait for the Primary Arms to come back in stock.

HK Dave
10-14-2012, 2:53 PM
Keep in mind folks... there is only one company that produces holographic sight technology using lasers and it is L3/Eotech...

The other companies produce red dot sights powered by various means... but "holographic" there is only one.

ky2970
10-14-2012, 4:09 PM

It's obviously a clone. I have a 552 clone for my airsoft gun. If you're going to put this on an AR-15 I have no doubt it'll lose its zero from the recoil. Also, when the reticle gets near the edges, it distorts in shape and loses zero. Not worth the real steel application.

My philosophy with new guns is to use them with iron sights while saving up the money for a quality optic. You see so many people running back-up iron sights but I'll bet you a good 80% have never run them in hard use. Do yourself a favor, train with your irons, and get yourself a nice optic.

If you buy cheap, you'll end up buying twice.

killathrilla
10-14-2012, 4:19 PM
Fakie fakie!!
The ad even says alternative to an EOtech