PDA

View Full Version : What are people's experiences with Frog Lube?

gun toting monkeyboy
10-13-2012, 3:41 PM
Just what the title says. Who has used Frog Lube before? What were your experiences with it? I won some last month, but I have only used it on two old shotguns so far. It looks like it works. And it smells nice. But has anybody seen how it performs? How well it holds up to shooting? Is it as easy to clean the guns after shooting as they say? I have an AR baking in the sun on the porch to get it up to temperature, but I figured I would see if anybody had comments before I started painting it with the Frog Lube paste.

-Mb

PolishMike
10-13-2012, 3:45 PM
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_7/578960_Frog_Lube.html

It works, but its not magic.

AeroEngi
10-13-2012, 3:47 PM
I've used it before and I think it works pretty good. I haven't used it long enough to see how well it protects against wear but it seems to be doing well so far. I think it's a perfect CLP for the AR platform because it stays put, burns off clean, turns to liquid at elevated temperatures and it makes cleaning an absolute breeze. I think you're gonna like it. Btw, I never "baked" my AR parts before I applied the FrogLube. I just applied it at room temperature and it works fine that way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bonesurf
10-13-2012, 3:53 PM
Seems fine. I used it initially cause non toxic and smells ok. Seems to work well.

mvpatriot
10-13-2012, 4:00 PM
From what I understand this is just a gussied up version of "gun butter" but I just picked some up from the show in Ontario for shi*s and giggles. I really like it so far and have used it on ak/ar/and a couple pistols. Per the instructions I cleaned all the old oil off with a solvent and then I just slightly heated to the touch with a hair dryer. For me what worked best was the paste for overall cleaning/surface protecting and use the liquid for moving parts. Nice that its bio and also makes my EBRs minty fresh :)

feelgood
10-13-2012, 4:08 PM
I have been using it for almost a year now and they are very good. i was using tw for my sigs but i have then switched. IMO, you would not regret it...besides, it smells far better that any clp that I have used...

Bonedeval
10-13-2012, 4:24 PM
Check out this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlMikz8Nc8A

EvolutionGSR
10-13-2012, 4:32 PM
I have been using it on one of my rifles. My only complaint is that in cold temps, the liquid form is no longer liquid. It's like the paste. I don't remember exactly what the temp was, but it was out in the desert almost sunset, if I had to guess 50 something degrees.

I'm not sure I'm seeing enough difference between it and my regular cleaning combo of mpro7, butches, and slip ewl/ewg. I'll probably stop using it.