PDA

View Full Version : FF Rail Opinion: Diamondhead VRS or Samson Evo

bobgengeskahn
10-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone has gotten the chance to play with the Diamondhead VRS-T 15" yet. (http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/580422_Diamondhead_V_RS_T_Angular_Handguard.html&page=1)

I am currently in the process of one build, and a modification to my A2. I have already decided I want a 15" FF on my 16" build right now and was pretty set on the Samson Evo, but I saw the Diamondhead earlier today and I got curious. Do they measure the 15" at the top rail, the average length or the over all length? Also, does anyone know if you can mount at 45'? Does it come with any rail sections? What is the install like? I saw they have their own, very interesting barrel nut, do you still need to measure the torque?

I am eventually going to put the same FF rail on my A2 BBL and my 16" middy that I'm building, so I've been a little picky in finding a rail that I will be able to customize for both uses. So far the Samson has edged out for me personally over Troy, YHM and others just because of the ease of installation, mounting options and the fact it comes with a few rail sections, but this Diamondhead intrigues me.

Paul053
10-17-2012, 11:04 AM
I have a 12.37in Evolution right now and I love it. It shaved a half pound of weight off the front of my rifle which before had a 9in quad rail. That diamondhead gets props for sure in the looks department and it appears to attach just like the Samson with the two bolts at the bottom. Dunno how much the diamond head is but the samsom was 185 shipped from amazon. Can't beat that...

edit...they have a proprietary barrelnut....which theoretically looks to be awesome. With the Samson I had to fiddle with the barrel nut to get it to sit right.