PDA

View Full Version : Double Diamond 9mm Glock Lower Dealers

FortyDuce
10-12-2012, 4:29 PM
Hey everybody,
Can anybody point me to a dealer in the Los Angeles/Valley area that carries the Double Diamond Glock compatable lower? I know that Rifle Gear carries them, but Fountain Valley is a bit of a drive for me.
Thanks in advance.

ch3ck5ix
10-12-2012, 6:12 PM
I don't know of any other shop in the LA area that has the DDLES Glock mag AR lower. They usually go pretty fast at Riflegear when they're in stock. When I was planning my build this summer, I got tired of waiting for RG to get them in stock -- so when I was in Arizona for business, I actually went to Double Diamond and bought a stripped lower and had it transferred to my local FFL. So if you really want one I would suggest making the pilgrimage to OC. Good luck!

FortyDuce
10-12-2012, 8:08 PM
Thank you for the information.

Do you mind me asking how your build came along?

ch3ck5ix
10-12-2012, 8:34 PM
Here's my featureless 9mm AR -- previously it had a fixed A1 stock which I replaced with a pinned Magpul MOE.
http://www.upitall.com/Private/u/351/797/10745

Lagduf
10-12-2012, 8:54 PM
Which upper are you using on that build?

ch3ck5ix
10-12-2012, 9:15 PM
Which upper are you using on that build?

The upper I assembled myself with a YHM barrel, comp and receiver, CMMG 9mm bolt which I had machined for Glock mags by Lonewolf, and the rest from my AR spare parts bin.

Lagduf
10-12-2012, 9:40 PM
How much was the machining on the bolt?

Your build above is like my dream 9mm carbine.

FortyDuce
10-12-2012, 9:48 PM
Very nice. I guess that I will just have to be patient. And wait. And make the drive down to OC someday in the future.

ch3ck5ix
10-12-2012, 9:59 PM
How much was the machining on the bolt?

Your build above is like my dream 9mm carbine.

At the time I had it done LW charged $40, I think they now charge $45 to machine your bolt. Still not bad considering ADCO charges $75.

Thanks for the compliment. The hard part with the upper was trying to figure out how I wanted the front sight. Originally I had it configured as a carbine length but decided I like the midlength look. The best part about the pistol caliber blowback is that you can configure the upper anyway you want because you're not limited by a gas block. FYI the A2 front sight is a clamp on.

Lagduf
10-29-2012, 8:44 PM
Just bumping this real quick - anyone know of a shop who stocks these DDLES Glock lowers in the Sacramento area?