PDA

View Full Version : Red Jacket is becoming the new American Chopper

johncmng
10-12-2012, 9:09 AM
Now all the firearm industry want them to build an improved or modified gun with a tight deadline. Well at least their are not make any "game changing" guns. I might watch it more often if I see more factory firearm gun showing up in their shop. I think next week they have a couple of firearms manufacturer showing up.

johncmng
10-12-2012, 9:10 AM
That full auto Benelli look kick ***!

starsnuffer
10-12-2012, 9:21 AM
You mean it's a bunch of addled brained fools monkeying around with tools whilst spouting nonsense in cheesy rural accents.

Yeah you're about right.

-W

wilit
10-12-2012, 9:23 AM
I quit watching Sons of Guns and American Guns because they're too outlandish. There's a new show on Nat Geo called Family Guns. Much better show and they restore historic pieces, not build crazy BS that no one wants or can afford (or legally own for that matter).

AVID HUNTER
10-12-2012, 9:25 AM
I couldn't take it anymore and went back to the Outdoor Channel. Its actual reality TV. Reality TV isn't Reality anymore.

starsnuffer
10-12-2012, 9:31 AM
I couldn't take it anymore and went back to the Outdoor Channel. Its actual reality TV. Reality TV isn't Reality anymore.

It's better, until they have those cheesy NRA sponsored "Live in FEAR because we're telling you BE SCARED. PREPARE BECAUSE YOU'RE SCARED. A BLACK MAN in a HOODIE might, no he WILL INVADE YOUR HOME" shows on there, usually hosted by guys in funny hats with a lot of ear hair. I gotta admit though, the gun commercials are freaking hilarious. That voiceover guy should go into the comedy hall of fame.

-W

XDRoX
10-12-2012, 9:36 AM
It's entertainment, nothing more. I watch it because it's a TV show about guns and I like guns. I enjoy the show for what it is. If you expext more then that's your fault, grow up.

You need to realize that the guys on American Choppers are rich. Not from building choppers, from the TV show.

Paul senior makes something like $6mil a season. Paul Junior makes something like $3mil, and Mikey makes like $1mil.

The guys on Sons of Guns know this. They know if they make a hit TV show, they'll be set for life. It ain't about making guns any more, it's about the show. If some cool guns happen get made during the filming then even better.

There are huge benefits for all of us when shows like this get big. If it weren't for the American Choppers show they would still be building bikes out of a garage. Now they can afford the best equipment in the world and make some of the most amazing bikes in the world.

Imagine if Sons of Guns takes off like this. Imagine what type of weapons they'll be making in 10 years if the show is a success. Look how far the fabrication came on American Choppers.

I hope the show is a success and they all get rich. It's the American way.

Freedomisntfree
10-12-2012, 10:53 AM
You mean it's a bunch of addled brained fools monkeying around with tools whilst spouting nonsense in cheesy rural accents.

Yeah you're about right.

-W

Umadbro?

Distro
10-12-2012, 11:29 AM
But if they are turning into American Chopper, that has bin dun befo.

21SF
10-12-2012, 11:32 AM
It's hard to read your post lol. You type with an accent? Lol

CK_32
10-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Just FYI... Those dead lines are BS to great drama and suspense so are all of the customers... Non of that you watch on TV is real...

Example pawn stars is noting like you would think its more of a museum nothing is for sale accept the pawn stars t shirts in the back. There is now browsing your in a line that is roped off snaking you in around and out...

And the actual people on the show only show up on film days which is when they shut the shop down for filming.. None of its real its all a "Show"...

Its exactly that entertainment and a show for the viewers anything you watch on TV isn't real anymore all 100% scripted

zfields
10-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Just FYI... Those dead lines are BS to great drama and suspense so are all of the customers... Non of that you watch on TV is real...

Example pawn stars is noting like you would think its more of a museum nothing is for sale accept the pawn stars t shirts in the back. There is now browsing your in a line that is roped off snaking you in around and out...

And the actual people on the show only show up on film days which is when they shut the shop down for filming.. None of its real its all a "Show"...

Its exactly that entertainment and a show for the viewers anything you watch on TV isn't real anymore all 100% scripted

But at least you learn a little bit on Pawn Stars. I watch it for the history, not the BS.

And I like the old man.

EL_NinO619
10-12-2012, 12:21 PM
It's entertainment, nothing more. I watch it because it's a TV show about guns and I like guns. I enjoy the show for what it is. If you expext more then that's your fault, grow up.

You need to realize that the guys on American Choppers are rich. Not from building choppers, from the TV show.

Paul senior makes something like $6mil a season. Paul Junior makes something like $3mil, and Mikey makes like $1mil.

The guys on Sons of Guns know this. They know if they make a hit TV show, they'll be set for life. It ain't about making guns any more, it's about the show. If some cool guns happen get made during the filming then even better.

There are huge benefits for all of us when shows like this get big. If it weren't for the American Choppers show they would still be building bikes out of a garage. Now they can afford the best equipment in the world and make some of the most amazing bikes in the world.

Imagine if Sons of Guns takes off like this. Imagine what type of weapons they'll be making in 10 years if the show is a success. Look how far the fabrication came on American Choppers.

Your a IDIOT.LOL:43:

wash
10-12-2012, 12:29 PM
American Choppers has the best equipment in the world and they still manage to make some of the lamest motorcycles I've ever seen.

Impressive builders usually work out of a modest garage and substitute style and taste for the lack of a water jet setup.

Squidward
10-12-2012, 12:42 PM
There needs to be a build-off between Sons of Guns and American Guns. The contest could be judged by Dog the Bounty Hunter. And the winners would receive a week-long vacation with Snookie, JWOWW, Ronnie and Vinnie.

Just sayin' :D

monorailboy
10-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Id like to see a fist fight !!!

johncmng
10-12-2012, 1:17 PM
I wish they made more episode of Ted Nugent Gun Country. That's just a guy having fun with guns and blowing stuff up. :52::52::52:

the86d
10-12-2012, 1:22 PM
I wish they made more episode of Ted Nugent Gun Country. That's just a guy having fun with guns and blowing stuff up. :52::52::52:

That has nothing to do with Ted. That is how ALL free-states are... :)

510GUY
10-12-2012, 1:30 PM
S.o.g needs to build a saiga12 fully auto that would be sweet or has it been done before?

SNCaliber
10-12-2012, 1:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUe4NWiOq5A

Foresight88
10-12-2012, 1:34 PM

You're* :43:

x2 - Great show, though it's still a bit scripted. But I did like how Nugent called Mark LaRue "bubby" Lol

gixxerjoeca
10-12-2012, 1:35 PM

Most amazing bikes??? That right there is funny!! They make show bikes (trailer queens)that are useless in the real riders world.

XDRoX
10-12-2012, 2:40 PM
Most amazing bikes??? That right there is funny!! They make show bikes (trailer queens)that are useless in the real riders world.

But that's what they're making them for. Show. Not for riding. The fabrication on that show is great. No one is saying they're making bikes to ride. If fact they usually state the opposite on every show.

Did you see the last show where they put the antlers on the front on the bike?

I think the stuff they do on the show is cool, and I'm happy that they got rich doing it. Just too many young people around here that want reality TV to be real. Ain't going to happen. It's TV.

gixxerjoeca
10-12-2012, 2:44 PM
But that's what they're making them for. Show. Not for riding. The fabrication on that show is great. No one is saying they're making bikes to ride. If fact they usually state the opposite on every show.

Did you see the last show where they put the antlers on the front on the bike?

I think the stuff they do on the show is cool, and I'm happy that they got rich doing it. Just too many young people around here that want reality TV to be real. Ain't going to happen. It's TV.

I watch it , i like the fabrication but the bikes just are not my style. Reality TV when i was a kid consisted of Mutual of Omahas Wild Kingdom and Candid Camera.

XDRoX
10-12-2012, 3:00 PM
I watch it , i like the fabrication but the bikes just are not my style. Reality TV when i was a kid consisted of Mutual of Omahas Wild Kingdom and Candid Camera.

We're on the same page. I'd never buy one of their bikes to ride but I love watching them make them. Some of them don't even have large enough gas tanks to make it to the gas station, lol.

wash
10-12-2012, 3:35 PM
Great fabrication?

I've made huge trade show displays that had better fabrication and cost a lot less too.

They are a joke.

bomb_on_bus
10-12-2012, 4:05 PM
That show is what happens when you combine guns, meth, and explosives with T.V. Whats so bad about that?

CK_32
10-12-2012, 4:36 PM
But at least you learn a little bit on Pawn Stars. I watch it for the history, not the BS.

And I like the old man.

Yea... I like when they call in the experts... But I was really let down when I went in the actual shop my self... Super tiny too looks way bigger on TV.

I like chum lee :D

10-12-2012, 5:14 PM
Red who? :sleeping:

It's better, until they have those cheesy NRA sponsored "Live in FEAR because we're telling you BE SCARED. PREPARE BECAUSE YOU'RE SCARED. A BLACK MAN in a HOODIE might, no he WILL INVADE YOUR HOME" shows on there, usually hosted by guys in funny hats with a lot of ear hair.

^ blatantly ignorant post

RED VASQUEZ
10-12-2012, 5:19 PM
There needs to be a build-off between Sons of Guns and American Guns. The contest could be judged by Dog the Bounty Hunter. And the winners would receive a week-long vacation with Snookie, JWOWW, Ronnie and Vinnie.

:rofl2:
You forgot Honey Boo-boo and the rest of her screwed up buffet-thrashing family

cabinetguy
10-12-2012, 5:34 PM
honey boo-boo with tannerite?

Bigtwin
10-12-2012, 6:26 PM
:rofl2:
You forgot Honey Boo-boo and the rest of her screwed up buffet-thrashing family

This thread finally went to the toilet! The other day I was shown what this was and WTF is all I have to say!

IEShooter
10-12-2012, 9:05 PM

I don't watch TV any longer, so I have no idea what these shows are.

However, Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins and his trusty sidekick Jim was downright cool!!!!

Remember the episode where Jim (why was he always barefoot????) lassoed a grizzly bear from horseback?? Ole Marlin was right there with him on his own horse as the bear about kicked both their arses. They both had to back up and hold the ropes tight to hold the bear in place. That didn't end well. LOL!!!!!!

Now THAT'S reality TV!!!

hbogart
10-12-2012, 9:55 PM
It seems like most of the stuff I see being built on TV is a total POS. On Gunsmoke, they were spray painting some 1911s - one in pink, another had a flag airbrushed on it. I immediately thought how nice the paint would look after Gun Scrubber got on it.

On American Chopper, I am always amazed that they get parts painted, partially assemble a bike, and then start welding right next to a part they just had painted - without removing the painted part first or even covering it with something.

If you ever watched 'Biker Build-off', the frame almost always breaks near the triple tree on one of the bikes before they even get halfway to the end of the ride, or they are stopping somewhere to re-weld something that broke.

Personally, I would rather have an off-the-shelf item than one of these custom-built, over-priced items any day.

DoubleDown707
10-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Will they make the deadline? Will they blow something up? Will there be unfathomable drama?

Find out...right after the 5th commercial break.

Yugo
10-12-2012, 10:36 PM
I called them one time asking about the green furniture the daughter used on an ar15 and they told me it was magpul and I still cant find it.....AAAAAHHHHHRRRRGGGGG

gixxerjoeca
10-13-2012, 6:00 AM
I don't watch TV any longer, so I have no idea what these shows are.

However, Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins and his trusty sidekick Jim was downright cool!!!!

Remember the episode where Jim (why was he always barefoot????) lassoed a grizzly bear from horseback?? Ole Marlin was right there with him on his own horse as the bear about kicked both their arses. They both had to back up and hold the ropes tight to hold the bear in place. That didn't end well. LOL!!!!!!

Now THAT'S reality TV!!!

9TI1i8Py8PA

supersonic
10-13-2012, 9:43 AM

I am of the opinion that one who is going to call a person something like that (or anything insulting for that matter - it's childish and against the rules here, FYI) must first take a step back and look at the fact that they typed " Your a IDIOT." ;)

(If I recall correctly in 3rd grade English class- or was it 2nd grade? - we would have been writing it as "You're an idiot.")

speedrrracer
10-13-2012, 11:03 AM
38 posts and only XDRox came close. The benefit to this show getting as popular as that chopper show is huge to all of us as gun owners, esp in an embattled state like CA.

Mainstreaming guns will make them much more popular, and de-mystify them for the timid masses who are terrified because all they know is the scary crap the media feeds them.

More popular == larger shooting population == more votes against crap like the next SB249 and the morons who write such garbage (among other benefits).
De-mystification == less fearful population == less traction for the FUD-laden agendas of the Brady twits.

Our opinions of the show are meaningless; its popularity will help us all.

M1NM
10-13-2012, 1:12 PM
Mainstreaming guns will make them much more popular, and de-mystify them for the timid masses who are terrified because all they know is the scary crap the media feeds them.

Problem is it's not the masses that need the education - it's the idiots we send to Sacramento and Washington. As long as they know that guns could be used by the people to overthrow them when the get too far from the Constitution they'll try to take your guns. Remember the first NFA was not caused by a bunch of bootleggers with Thompsons but a bunch of WWI vets who marched in D.C. with their 03s to petition for the benefits they were promised.

Marcus von W.
10-13-2012, 4:04 PM

And the losers would receiver a 2 week vacation with Sookie and JWOWW!

wash
10-13-2012, 7:49 PM
38 posts and only XDRox came close. The benefit to this show getting as popular as that chopper show is huge to all of us as gun owners, esp in an embattled state like CA.

More popular == larger shooting population == more votes against crap like the next SB249 and the morons who write such garbage (among other benefits).
De-mystification == less fearful population == less traction for the FUD-laden agendas of the Brady twits.

Our opinions of the show are meaningless; its popularity will help us all.

I disagree, the show reinforces the stupid redneck gun owner stereotype and antis now believe that everything you shoot blows up like it's got five pounds of tannerite strapped to it (because they strap five pounds of tannerite to everything they shoot).

They might also begin railing about DIAS because as seen on Sons of Guns, they can turn an ordinary shotgun in to...

If you want to change attitudes about guns, first you have to change the dozen or more crime dramas that get everything wrong and have bigger audiences, then go after movies and network news.

Sons of Guns makes gunsmiths look about as stupid as American Choppers makes motorcycle customizers look.

I would much rather see a series based upon a good manufacturer like Bill Wilson or Dillon Precision. The hunting would make Wilson's show good and the mini-gun stuff would make Dillon's show good. Who knows if they have the attention whore personalities to make a working TV show?