PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint ML2 - EOTech 3x Magnifier Mounting Question

10TH AMENDMENT
07-11-2007, 4:53 PM

desertram800
07-11-2007, 5:24 PM
I would recommend the Aimpont X3 magnifier. The mounts are already made to match up. I'd go with the ARMS aimpoint mount with the cantilever spacer, and the Sampson quick-flip mount. That is, if I was a multi-millionaire and could afford the ARMS mount, the X3 magnifier, and the Sampson quick-flip mount! hahah! But if I had my pick, that would be it. You may run into height difference problems using the two different brands, and the Eotech and the Aimpoint are different sizes. Why the ARMS swan sleeve??? I think that is for people with Eotech HWS sights that want it to sit a little higher, the aimpoint already is high enough???

wildcard
07-12-2007, 8:02 AM
Wouldn't a magnifier on a ML2 make for a rather large dot? Not so much a problem on a ML3..

Just speculating..

desertram800
07-12-2007, 9:29 AM
Well, sounds like you got a killer deal on a setup then! Lucky...! How's the glass on the Eotech X3 magnifier?

wildcard
07-12-2007, 10:02 AM
I think that at 100 yds.. you may have a problem. For example.. look at the magnified 100 yd target.

That 1 MOA dot probably covers 1/3 - 1/2 of the "head" depending on how much of the bloom you want to count. If now you imagine using a 4 MOA dot you'd cover much more than the head.. you'd probably cover a significant proportion of the body.

Just imagine that same dot you see except 16 (4X4) of them..

Makes sense to magnify a 1 MOA dot or even 2 MOA.. but 4 MOA is a bit much in my opinion.

I'me deviating from your original post and you may have more experience than I.. i'm just speculating.

aplinker
07-12-2007, 12:26 PM
I think that at 100 yds.. you may have a problem. For example.. look at the magnified 100 yd target.

That 1 MOA dot probably covers 1/3 - 1/2 of the "head" depending on how much of the bloom you want to count. If now you imagine using a 4 MOA dot you'd cover much more than the head.. you'd probably cover a significant proportion of the body.

Just imagine that same dot you see except 16 (4X4) of them..

Makes sense to magnify a 1 MOA dot or even 2 MOA.. but 4 MOA is a bit much in my opinion.

I'me deviating from your original post and you may have more experience than I.. i'm just speculating.

It's still 1MOA or 4MOA, regardless. I don't honestly think it makes that much of a difference.

grywlfbg
07-12-2007, 1:07 PM
Not sure how tall the EOTech FTS mount is but I'm sure one of the LaRue mounts will work for the Aimpoint.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=26

But there's a shorter one too. Drop them an e-mail and ask the heights.