PDA

View Full Version : RRA pistol grip won't fit Stag Lower

dwh100
07-10-2007, 10:06 PM
OK was checking my new stuff and getting ready to start my lower build, and noticed that the slot on the RRA pistol grip is too narrow (~2mm) and will not fit onto my Stag lower. I figured I should probably take a file to it and shave a tiny bit from the inner walls of the grip. Any advice as to how to proceed, or different ideas, so as not to screw this up? Is this common?
Thanx!

xenophobe
07-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Press it on. It will take some squeezing, but it will eventually just slip on. And it will be nice and tight when you tighten it down.

No, you don't need to worry about breaking it.

soopafly
07-11-2007, 8:11 AM
That's how my Tango Down battlegrip fit on my Lauer lower. Like Xeno said, just muscle it in. Won't hurt nuthin'. But, if you don't want to work that hard, you could always try the cool the lower/heat the pistol grip trick, I suppose.

MonsterMan
07-11-2007, 8:39 AM
That is very common with grips. My MMG grips do the same thing. I even have the manufacturer slow down the run cycle to let the grip cool longer in the mold so it wont shrink in as much, but it seems that it still happens.

I think it does it over time. When I get the grips in, they are perfect and slide right on, but over time they close in a bit.

I have regular pistol grips that do the same thing.

All I can say is to try to pry open the tabs and shove it in.

I know your grip is not my MMG, but they are all the same in that area. Just thought I would share. :)

OptionX3
07-11-2007, 9:12 AM
CLP helps to move it along, once you get the edges over.

sdsu
07-11-2007, 9:24 AM
elbow grease...:)

dwh100
07-11-2007, 6:40 PM
All is fine! I just needed to force it more!
Thanx All!

gunrun45
07-12-2007, 12:23 AM
I had a superior custom lower once that was so skinny that I had to put a dime between the receiver and the grip to make it fit tightly enough :eek:

supersonic
07-13-2007, 2:34 PM
A little spittle goes a LOOOOONG way!:eek:
S.S.