PDA

View Full Version : So I've just finished my first lower build...

Dinosaur Jr
10-08-2012, 8:02 PM
And now I'm starting to look for a complete upper and BCG.

I was poking around on PSA about a couple months ago and remember finding some good candidates. They also offered some customization options for rails & handguards. Looked today, and they don't seem to have what I'm looking for anymore? And no more options and choices...:confused:
Maybe I'm missing something? :shrug: Derp...

I'm not a name dropper, but I am looking for decent to good quality at a reasonable price. Any suggestions?

Upper:
16" quality barrel chrome lined (no stainless)
Carbine gas system
Straight gas block or w/rail (no A2 sight)
Free float 7" quad rail

BCG:
Quality and performance at a reasonable price

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-V-w1gjtS9QM/UHJhgELOeWI/AAAAAAAABkQ/FEs1_DyAd6M/s640/photo-1.JPG

Freedomisntfree
10-08-2012, 8:06 PM
BCM is good stuff.

PSA Hammer forged upper.

Enfield47
10-08-2012, 8:35 PM
Check out PK Firearms they have some nice stuff that may interest you. They have some nice setups in the custom uppers section. Prices aren't as cheap as PSA but they do include the bcg and charging handle. http://www.pkfirearms.com

Dinosaur Jr
10-08-2012, 9:03 PM
BCM is good stuff.

PSA Hammer forged upper.

Thanks for the suggestion, however, most of PSA's current offerings seem to have A2 sights and/or stock hand guards. If it's got a quad rail, it's a stainless barrel 18-20".

Dinosaur Jr
10-09-2012, 5:16 AM
bump...

deviljon
10-09-2012, 5:55 AM
Everyone wants the same thing, good quality at a reasonable price. What is your budget, give us something to work with.

I'm a little confused by your list. Just to clarify, you're looking for a carbine length railed gas block, correct? Or a low profile gas block with a rail to cover it?

Dinosaur Jr
10-09-2012, 6:36 AM
Everyone wants the same thing, good quality at a reasonable price. What is your budget, give us something to work with.

I'm a little confused by your list. Just to clarify, you're looking for a carbine length railed gas block, correct? Or a low profile gas block with a rail to cover it?

Budget for the upper = $600 +/-

you're looking for a carbine length railed gas block, correct? Yes, preferably but would consider a low-pro, but it doesn't need to be hidden within the rail.

BCG = $100-$200

tomd1584
10-09-2012, 7:15 AM
You want a lo pro gas block, but only a carbine length rail/hand guard?

I'm confused as to why.

Dinosaur Jr
10-09-2012, 9:16 AM
You want a lo pro gas block, but only a carbine length rail/hand guard?

I'm confused as to why.

I have a buttload of KAC 7" hand guard sections. Need to save money where I can...

deviljon
10-09-2012, 9:34 AM
I have a buttload of KAC 7" hand guard sections. Need to save money where I can...

LOL you can spend $600 on an upper and up to $200 on a BCG but can't spend more for a longer rail? Sell off some of those KAC panels and get a longer rail to cover a low profile GB. You've got your funds all messed up.

luchador768
10-09-2012, 11:31 AM
I run the 7in KAC covers on my 14.5 mid length. The AR police haven't arrested me yet.

Dinosaur Jr
10-09-2012, 12:57 PM
I run the 7in KAC covers on my 14.5 mid length. The AR police haven't arrested me yet.

LOL! Ok, forget the lo-pro gas block...

And I got an insane deal on the KAC panels and a couple of forward grips.

Dinosaur Jr
10-13-2012, 9:58 AM
Check out PK Firearms they have some nice stuff that may interest you. They have some nice setups in the custom uppers section. Prices aren't as cheap as PSA but they do include the bcg and charging handle. http://www.pkfirearms.com

This place looks great to me! Thanks!