PDA

View Full Version : PSA upper

jbk
10-08-2012, 5:19 PM
So I ordered a barreled upper assembly from PSA last night. I know the website said it will take them like 2 weeks to assemble and then ship. I sure others have ordered uppers from them and was wondering if it actually takes this long. Im pretty much like a child waiting for christmas. Either way it's fine I am just curious. This is only the second order I have placed with them (the first being a LPK) and I have been happy with service and items and price thus far.

AeroEngi
10-08-2012, 5:22 PM
They make some great uppers but the wait will kill you lol. My friend waited about 3 weeks for his PSA upper.

slo5oh
10-08-2012, 5:43 PM
My wait was about 1 month, but it was worth it.

wash
10-08-2012, 5:50 PM
Yes, the wait is long but you get better parts than just about anything you can find near their price.

Patience is a virtue.

I manage it by keeping several builds going at once, when I'm waiting on one I focus on others.

BHPFan
10-08-2012, 6:11 PM
Don't tell me that the wait for an upper with a chromed-lined FN barrel is not worth it?

I think it definitely is. If you don't think it is, I will gladly take that upper from your hands ;)

SigMan2007
10-08-2012, 6:16 PM
I ordered on 8/30 during the labor day sale and just got my shipping confirmation. Waiting stinks but the price was too good to pass up.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

0331Marine
10-08-2012, 6:18 PM
I've orderd 9 uppers from them. The time has ranged from 15 days to over a month. I ordered a 5.45X39 upper on 9/20 and a M4 MOE upper on 9/25 and still dont have a tracking number. It's best to order and forget with PSA. I can drive to their store and back in less than a day...

G-Man WC
10-08-2012, 6:32 PM
So what did you order.....Details? -g

jbk
10-08-2012, 8:31 PM
I ordered the stripped M4A1 16" chrome lined upper. This is the first PSA upper I have owned but did the quality research on here. Seems they make good upper according to you guys. I have two other ARs. My wifes with a delton heavy barrel (the purple one I posted on here not to long ago) and a 14.5" bushmaster. PSA upper is just gunna be a plain M4gery with a detachable carry handle. No frills, no optics plain hand guards. Only thing it will have is magpul stock and grip cause my brother gave them to me (cheap build too). Im sure it's plain to some but always liked the look of plain carry handle ARs.

chozenfew805
10-09-2012, 7:52 AM
Yes, the wait is long but you get better parts than just about anything you can find near their price.

Patience is a virtue

I bought majority of my parts for my first build from them and got a sweet deal! I've fed my AR Tula and Wolf without skipping a beat;)

jbk
10-09-2012, 7:59 AM
Chozen.... Thats good to hear i wanted to be able to feed cheap ammo threw this one. So you havent had any malfunctions?

mike_the_wino
10-09-2012, 8:16 AM
OP, sounds like you have plenty of other toys to keep you busy on those long nights waiting for your PSA upper to arrive.

But your wait will be worth it. I like my PSA stuff.

jbk
10-09-2012, 9:12 AM
Mike... I do but unfortunatally i end up just think about whats next, lol

ejhc11
10-09-2012, 9:24 AM
Think how many upper specials they've been running recently and you're not the only customer in the whole USA. It'll be probably be even longer than that. Just parts orders at PSA can take two weeks to ship. They do offer good parts and good prices so I'm just ready to wait.

Jaredm83
10-09-2012, 9:53 AM
It took them 2 days to ship when I ordered a while ago. I ordered 2 uppers and 2 lpk's. I was told it would be 2 weeks but I guess it all depends on what they have built already...

chozenfew805
10-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Chozen.... Thats good to hear i wanted to be able to feed cheap ammo threw this one. So you havent had any malfunctions?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=621386&highlight=chozenfew805

Here's a link to my build if you want to check it out^ but during my first trip to the range I christened it with 100rds of Tulammo I picked up from Walmart. Since then I've fed it another 100rds of Wolf and about 100-200rds of LAX Range reloads I scored from a member on here. Not one single malfunction!!!!! I'm currently using USGI 10/30 magazines I blocked off and thought those would give me some problems but she keeps eating whatever I feed her.

If you do some research on here, the main complaint when it comes to PSA is it's shipping/wait times. All there products that I've bought were packaged well and in pristine condition. I do have an issue with them not sending my Magpul furniture in their original packaging but with sales they have sometimes, I could do without it:cool:

Datdarkness
10-09-2012, 10:20 AM
i ordered 9/21 still waiting..
It does say 15 BUSINESS days, so 3 weeks lead time. then plus time for sales and holidays.. i would prob just give it a month for rule of thumb.

jbk
10-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Chozen...lol, ironically every lower i build there is a youtube video of a lower build also. Very nice rifle. Is that your only AR?

Brewski
10-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Ordered my upper on 9/1 and recieved shipping confirm on 10/8. Very hard to wait but we'll w

Brewski
10-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Ordered my upper on 9/1 and recieved shipping confirm on 10/8. Very hard to wait but well worth the wait time for the price and quality.

kotton
10-09-2012, 2:22 PM
I order an upper from them last year before christmas around 12/13ish. It was at my house in orange county in 10 days, before christmas day.

I think I was just lucky on the shipping time for once though.

wsmc27
10-09-2012, 9:28 PM
we bought a 16" middy back in April, here is what i posted on a diff thred back then:

And final update...
Ordered online after close of business on a Friday evening (20 April).

Shipped 3 May (9 working days after order was placed).
Arrived per advisories on-time 8 May, San Diego, CA.

Well within the "*Please allow up to 15 business days for your Complete Assembled Upper to ship from our facility. Holiday and special lead times can be longer*" as shown on their website.

thread at http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=558641

And am very happy with this upper! :)

chozenfew805
10-09-2012, 9:36 PM
Chozen...lol, ironically every lower i build there is a youtube video of a lower build also. Very nice rifle. Is that your only AR?

That's my first build but I already have plans for the next lower;)

EL_NinO619
10-09-2012, 9:43 PM
KISS, I like. One day I plan on building a complete A1 Nam style.

Shabitz
10-15-2012, 9:44 AM
I'm in the same boat. On the 19th of last month I sent them an email asking them a question. I said you have 5.45x39 FN barrels for sale but I don't see any uppers. Do you ever have them for sale. The next day they said here's the link and it's on sale. So for $269 bucks for a stripped 5.45x39 upper I couldn't pass it up. It's just the wait is killing me! Hopefully I'll hear something this week.

crfrocket
10-15-2012, 9:55 AM
Ordered a PSA M4 premium upper on 10/1, I can hardly wait! I've got everything else ready to go Pmags, NFA lower, BCM charging handle w/Mod3 and utg extended carbine quadrails. I'm dying over here!!

762.DEFENSE
10-15-2012, 11:15 AM
I waited exactly 16 days to get my upper. I do like PSA's quality, and wasn't in a rush for the upper.

PSA is good to go, so just start working on another project-or save up for ammo. :D

Palmetto State Armory
10-15-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm in the same boat. On the 19th of last month I sent them an email asking them a question. I said you have 5.45x39 FN barrels for sale but I don't see any uppers. Do you ever have them for sale. The next day they said here's the link and it's on sale. So for $269 bucks for a stripped 5.45x39 upper I couldn't pass it up. It's just the wait is killing me! Hopefully I'll hear something this week.

Those uppers should be getting built this week. Hang in there. :D

0331Marine
10-15-2012, 11:34 AM

I'm in the same boat(ordered on 9/20). The price is worth the wait. AIM got their Spikes NiB 5.45X39 BCG back in stock so now I just need the upper:D

Their customer service is also very good. They forgot to send my rear sight with an upper I ordered. CS said they would get it out to me this week.

HK Dave
10-15-2012, 11:43 AM
3 weeks? I've waited over a year for an upper before... and another time I waited 4 months.

3 weeks is nothing. :)

Rorge Retson
10-15-2012, 2:07 PM
These guys truly are the shiznit.

If I had the choice of: (a) dealing with a quality organization that consistently builds a quality product, and waiting for it, and (b) dealing with an iffy organization that ships out crap that blows up in your hands, uh....I choose (a) please. ;)