PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show Archive

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

wildhawker
04-08-2009, 8:22 PM
EVENT: COW PALACE GUN SHOW
DATE: MAY 2-3, 2009
TIME: •Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; •Sunday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
VENUE INFO: http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/showVenues.htm#sanfran
SETUP: Exhibitor set up hours are on Friday from 12 noon until 7 p.m. Saturday morning set up is from 7 a.m. until 8:30 a.m. and Sunday set up is at 8:00 a.m. At 8:30 a.m. we begin securing the move in doors for opening.

**CREW**
EVENT COORDINATOR: wildhawker
--Schedule--
Friday: Wildhawker to setup Friday afternoon (5pm) w/ help from B Strong
Saturday: DDT (8:30a-5:30p), bwiese (9a-2p), Doc Skinner (8:30a-1p), B Strong (1p-5:00p), jaiofspam (1p-5:00p), nagorb (1:00p-5:00p)
Sunday: Wildhawker (8a-5p), Ivanimal (9a-4p), SJgunguy24 (9:30a-4p), rumble phish (9a-12p), JDBerger (9a-12p), sytfu RR (12p-4p)

**CONTACTS**
wildhawker - general event info & setup, printed material orders

wildhawker
04-09-2009, 7:58 PM
EVENT: SAN JOSE GUN SHOW
DATE: JUNE 20-21, 2009
VENUE INFO: http://www.tsgunshows.com/locations.htm

**CREW**
EVENT COORDINATOR: SJgunguy24 (Sat & Sun, open to close)
VOLUNTEERS: Schedule below; am=9-1, pm=1-5; am shift helps setup 30 min prior, pm shift on Sunday takedown and storage
> Saturday: ivanimal (am-pm), wildhawker (am), mrs.wildhawker (am), B Strong (am), bwiese (am), vladbutsky (pm), sorensen440 (pm), hellraiser (pm)
> Sunday: jdberger (am), Ivanimal (am-pm), elrcastor (am-pm), sytfu_RR (am), coop44 (pm), wildhawker (pm)
SETUP: SJgunguy24 & wildhawker to setup on Friday afternoon

wildhawker
04-09-2009, 8:02 PM
EVENT: FRESNO GUN SHOW
DATE: JULY 25-26, 2009
VENUE INFO: http://www.centralcoastgunshows.com/

**CREW**
EVENT COORDINATOR: none
VOLUNTEERS:
Sat:intrepid, just4fun63, timmaay 72,
Sun: sergeantrex, cjcake, yock

**CONTACTS/PROCUREMENT**
wildhawker - general event info & setup, printed material orders
can'thavenuthingood - apparel & accessories

bwiese
04-09-2009, 8:47 PM
Barring unforseen work entanglements, I should be able to be there 9ish to 2:30is on Saturday.

MontClaire
04-09-2009, 8:50 PM
I will stop by the booth and help out if you need it. I'll go in with the opening. PM if you need me.

ivanimal
04-10-2009, 9:08 AM
I am sure I can be there I will let you know when.

kawi214
04-10-2009, 9:16 PM
I might be able to help that weekend, Im a newbie though. What kind of stuff you need the volunteers to do?

Can'thavenuthingood
04-11-2009, 5:34 AM
I might be able to help that weekend, Im a newbie though. What kind of stuff you need the volunteers to do?

You didn't get the 'New Guy Memo'?

New guy brings the ammo:)

Vick

kawi214
04-11-2009, 8:13 AM
You didn't get the 'New Guy Memo'?

New guy brings the ammo:)

Vick

Im pretty sure my memo said you guys were bringin ammo for us, since you guys are better at finding it as our skills havent fully developed :thumbsup:

Can'thavenuthingood
04-11-2009, 2:06 PM
Though its a few days off yet I think I'll be available to stick my nose in there and lend a hand.

I'm 30 miles south of Fresno in Lemoore, I'm sure I'll need ammo by then.

Vick

SJgunguy24
04-13-2009, 9:38 AM
I'm in for Cow patty (1 day)and San Jose both days.

technique
04-13-2009, 1:45 PM
I'm in for Cow patty (1 day)and San Jose both days.

if you need a ride, just call.:thumbsup:

B Strong
04-13-2009, 4:30 PM
I'll be there Saturday in the AM.

Questions - do we need to set the booth up Friday?

I can run off a ream of AW flowcharts if needed.

I can bring one or more properly configured (BB, over 30" OAL) AR type OLL rifles for display if needed.

B Strong
04-13-2009, 4:31 PM
I'm in for Saturday.

SJgunguy24
04-13-2009, 7:32 PM
I'm in for Saturday.

Right on B Strong:thumbsup:

I'm new to this and i'm gonna need help guy's and girl's. Anyone wanting to help out with a damn good cause feel free to PM me and i'll give you my contact info.

Thanks for helping to keep the second amendment alive and strong in California:patriot:

wildhawker
04-14-2009, 8:13 AM
Well Vick, how many Central Valley Calgunners are there? I think I've seen a few around- we need to get you some help!

Anyone from Fresno, Sanger, Visalia, Madera, Kingsburg, Selma, Hanford, Lemoore, Chowchilla, Kerman, Clovis, Merced, Turlock, unincorporated Fresno County or somewhere close to help Vick get this booth off the ground?

tankerman
04-14-2009, 7:22 PM
I may be able to provide material support. How are you set for print items?

sorensen440
04-14-2009, 7:28 PM
Damn... gonna miss another one
this is the same weekend as area 53

nagorb
04-14-2009, 7:48 PM
I'm willing to help on either day. I'm also still a newbie but I'm willing to help anyway I can.

wildhawker
04-14-2009, 9:19 PM
I may be able to provide material support. How are you set for print items?

We can always use some more tri-fold brochures :) I'll PM to discuss further.

Jaiofspam
04-15-2009, 8:49 AM
im willing to help anyway i can... i live just a hop skip and jump away and can be there to assist if need be (friday, saturday and/or sunday) :thumbsup:

my birthday is on the 6th so im definitely going to be at the show to buy my birthday ammo lol

xeroglock
04-15-2009, 9:14 AM
sounds like it will be fun... cant wait...

Whiskey84
04-15-2009, 10:17 AM
I work saturdays but plan on going sunday

Whiskey84
04-15-2009, 10:18 AM
I work Saturdays but I plan on going on Sunday

rumble phish
04-16-2009, 8:58 PM
I'm in Modesto, but I can make it down to help out at least one day (maybe both, but not 100% on that yet). Count me in to help out.
:)

doughboy334
04-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Might be able to make saturday. Put me down as a maybe, definitely if wildhawker's wife comes (and brings lunch again).

(jk :D)

Jaiofspam
04-17-2009, 8:33 AM
calenders been marked!
what do we do? do we just show up and look for the calguns booth if ones setup? lol :)

wildhawker
04-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Might be able to make saturday. Put me down as a maybe, definitely if wildhawker's wife comes (and brings lunch again).

(jk :D)

Your wish may be granted; Mrs.Wildhawker is tentatively going to be there (and bringing food of some sort).

wildhawker
04-17-2009, 11:03 AM
calenders been marked!
what do we do? do we just show up and look for the calguns booth if ones setup? lol :)

I'll be sending out a PM to all volunteers with my email (which is also in my profile info here) requesting your contact info; we'll setup and send out a roster with timeslots and some instructions on what to expect and how the booths operate.

wildhawker
04-17-2009, 11:09 AM
I work Saturdays but I plan on going on Sunday

Since you'll be there already... want to lend SJgunguy a hand at the booth?

doughboy334
04-20-2009, 7:36 PM
Actually I will not be able to attend this upcoming gunshow :( Have fun tho guys

sytfu_RR
04-21-2009, 12:14 AM
I replied in PM, lemme know!

jdberger
04-21-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm in. Probably Sunday. Send me info. I'll see what I can do.

wildhawker
04-22-2009, 8:53 PM
Updated with crew and schedules. Please confirm that this will work.

I need a hand from 1 or 2 Calgunners on Friday to get everything setup and walk through some points; DDT, if you're available I'd like to get you involved here.

PMs to come with addtional info and requests.

Thanks,

Brandon

Jaiofspam
04-23-2009, 7:35 AM
just sent you a pm wildhawker :thumbsup:

DocSkinner
04-23-2009, 1:09 PM
anymore help needed?

Kept seeing the other shows pop up , but didn't see all the threads (i.e.: this one!) for all the shows until now.

DocSkinner
04-23-2009, 6:48 PM
anymore help needed?

Kept seeing the other shows pop up , but didn't see all the threads (i.e.: this one!) for all the shows until now.

oh - and I have a Remington R25 (.308), scoped for hunting if you need something like that to show more variety.

hellraiser
04-24-2009, 8:40 AM
ill be there sat if ya need help setting up and suff....:thumbsup:

Arteel
04-25-2009, 12:22 AM
Although I'm still a noob, I'd be willing to volunteer for Saturday. Let me know and I'll send you a pm.

SJgunguy24
04-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Although I'm still a noob, I'd be willing to volunteer for Saturday.* Let me know and I'll send you a pm.Noob or not.........i'll let Al say it for me:chris:<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/83m17qmyGV8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/83m17qmyGV8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I need the help, so far 2 people willing to help.

Arteel
04-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Haha, I'm in for Saturday.

Can'thavenuthingood
04-26-2009, 9:12 AM
Volunteers brush up on the current Bills before both the Senate and Assembly as well as the Committee actions.
Put together a spiel in your own words as far as how to go about contacting the lawmakers and the Governor in support or opposition to a Bill.

Might also go over the things Calguns has accomplished over its short lifespan and the birth of the Calguns Foundation and its success'.

One of the main objectives with these booths is to create a larger level of grassroots Activism whether the individual signs on to CGN or not. The information on this site is still available to all. Its the citizens of California that the lawmakers are compelled to listen to, not the lobbyist's.

Thank you to all who Volunteer for manning these booths. While its a good cause and fun, its also work. You'll probably hear the same questions over and over along with the same remarks. Its a real mixed bag of people out there. Don't forget to take a chill pill as needed.

Thanks again guys.

Vick

wildhawker
04-27-2009, 3:25 PM
Volunteers,

I will be contacting everyone tonight with some info/instructions. Please email me your contact info to combspm@gmail.com if you haven't sent it to me yet.

Thanks,

Brandon

Jaiofspam
04-27-2009, 4:45 PM
contact info sent :thumbsup:

wildhawker
04-27-2009, 9:35 PM
* Updated crew and times
* Added Doc Skinner for Sat
* Volunteer info sheet attached to first post

kyoung05
04-27-2009, 9:47 PM
Guys, this will be my first time at this particular gun show. I am going there looking for inexpensive .357mag, 9mm, and GP11 (7.5 Swiss) ammo. Do most of the vendors take credit card or is it cash only? Also, is the ammo only sold in cases or can I buy them in 20/50rd boxes? Thanks.

hoffmang
04-27-2009, 10:14 PM
I'll likely reprise my Sunday appearance unless someone tells me that it would be better for me to show up on Saturday.

This time I'm bringing my own show and tell item :D

-Gene

wildhawker
04-27-2009, 10:19 PM
I'll likely reprise my Sunday appearance unless someone tells me that it would be better for me to show up on Saturday.

This time I'm bringing my own show and tell item :D

-Gene

Sunday would be fine, Gene. :thumbsup:

domokun
04-28-2009, 4:38 PM
I'll stop by and say hello to the crew on Saturday.

SJgunguy24
04-28-2009, 5:59 PM
OK so I have 2 people willing to help out for the San Jose show..................................I really would like to have a few more people. Just in case I gotta take a leak or something:thumbsup:

PM me for contact info.

Recovery Agent Mayo
04-29-2009, 8:54 AM
Will someone please list the address of this "Bay area" gun show coming up. Id like to make and appearance. Im looking for a Glock 22 or a comparable .40 cal possibly a sig or HK but has to be around the same size. Anything but the XD I hate that thing. Any other suggestions for a mid/compact size .40 back up weapon.

Thanks guys

DocSkinner
04-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Will someone please list the address of this "Bay area" gun show coming up. Id like to make and appearance. Im looking for a Glock 22 or a comparable .40 cal possibly a sig or HK but has to be around the same size. Anything but the XD I hate that thing. Any other suggestions for a mid/compact size .40 back up weapon.

Thanks guys

Its in the title -The Cow Palace!
http://www.cowpalace.com/

Dr. Peter Venkman
04-30-2009, 1:15 AM
I can do either Saturday or Sunday; wherever you guys need me.

gemini1
04-30-2009, 8:24 PM
Exactly how many volunteers will be at the booth on Saturday? 3 senior members plus how many else?

I might stop by sat morning to say hello.

wildhawker
04-30-2009, 8:27 PM
Exactly how many volunteers will be at the booth on Saturday? 3 senior members plus how many else?

I might stop by sat morning to say hello.

The events average 6-8 volunteers per day.

Can'thavenuthingood
04-30-2009, 9:04 PM
Box of stuff sent out today, ought to be in Dublin Friday afternoon.

Included some 'Gun Show Shopping Bags' made of heavy canvas. I filled one up with ammo and could hardly lift it up. But I did and carried it around for a bit to test it. Anyone carrying that much ammo will no doubt have a hand truck.
It is a cavernous bag with reinforced outer bottom and heavy straps.

Let me know what you guys think of this bag. I purposely left any markings off it as to be more discrete. Also saving a few bucks by not embroidering our logo on it.

Fill it up with guns and jerky, get some pics.

Vick

DocSkinner
05-01-2009, 9:21 AM
Box of stuff sent out today, ought to be in Dublin Friday afternoon.

Included some 'Gun Show Shopping Bags' made of heavy canvas. I filled one up with ammo and could hardly lift it up. But I did and carried it around for a bit to test it. Anyone carrying that much ammo will no doubt have a hand truck.
It is a cavernous bag with reinforced outer bottom and heavy straps.

Let me know what you guys think of this bag. I purposely left any markings off it as to be more discrete. Also saving a few bucks by not embroidering our logo on it.

Fill it up with guns and jerky, get some pics.

Vick

Maybe a nice AR, a baguette, some flowers....

Jaiofspam
05-01-2009, 9:39 AM
lol, my fiance will be attending the event for a few hours
she even bought a calguns shirt :thumbsup: (to bad it didnt arrive in time :( )
also surprised me by signing up for a years NRA membership (not the free one either, she paid $35) :eek:

see you guys tomorrow!!!

bwiese
05-01-2009, 11:13 PM
an someone that'll be attending as a CG booth participant Saturday morning PM me with their cell#? (Not sure Brandon there...)

I'm coming from SJ, have a midway stop and I'll be there around 9:15ish...
just wanna ring someone inside to bring me a vendor badge (no line etc)

Thx, Bill

Can'thavenuthingood
05-02-2009, 5:55 AM
lol, my fiance will be attending the event for a few hours
she even bought a calguns shirt :thumbsup: (to bad it didnt arrive in time :( )
also surprised me by signing up for a years NRA membership (not the free one either, she paid $35) :eek:

see you guys tomorrow!!!

Wait a minute. Her shirt was sent out direct from the printer, it should have been there.
Crap, I hate when this happens.
Searching now.

It was shipped from LA on 29Apr09, I think wildhawker has it in his shipment. Its already at the show.

Vick

Jaiofspam
05-02-2009, 8:49 AM
sweet, i'll let her know!!!!
shes gonna throw it on when we arrive then :thumbsup:
so who do i see to pick up her shirt vick? :)

Can'thavenuthingood
05-02-2009, 9:09 AM
sweet, i'll let her know!!!!
shes gonna throw it on when we arrive then :thumbsup:
so who do i see to pick up her shirt vick? :)

Well, I'm not sure.
It was supposed to go to your address but I think the printer put it in the box sent to wildhawker to give to you at the show. I talked with Brandon and he indicated he had a shirt for you.
My assumption is that it is your Fiance's shirt since I sent you yours last week.

I expect it ought to have your name on it for when you arrive.

Please let me know either way.
Sorry about the mixup.

Vick

Jaiofspam
05-02-2009, 9:12 AM
ehhh no worries vick... stuff happens :cool:
if her shirt isnt at the show i'll wait till monday-tuesday to see if it arrives at work. lets give it a few days :thumbsup:

have a good one and thanks!!!

Ishoot
05-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Sucks I can't go and give a little support.. Have to watch three little ones today. :(

MrSigmaDOT40
05-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Hey I didn't see the booth:(

Can'thavenuthingood
05-02-2009, 12:06 PM

Well then thats a 'do over', a 'git back' a 'gotta go again tomorrow'.

Vick

anyracoon
05-02-2009, 1:46 PM
Nice to see the guys at the booth. Signed the roster. Great PR for CalGuns! Thanks gang for a job well done.

Jaiofspam
05-02-2009, 2:36 PM

we were in the back left corner :thumbsup:

Jaiofspam
05-02-2009, 2:39 PM
sorry i had abruptly left without saying goodbye fellas. my fiance wanted to tag a long this morning and at around 3pm she felt sick and went to the car. she called me and ask me to take her home... dang women :( i may drop by tomorrow and make up my time depending on how she feels :thumbsup:

wildhawker
05-02-2009, 2:50 PM
Jai, her shirt is in the booth box in a bag with your user name.

Jaiofspam
05-02-2009, 3:25 PM
Jai, her shirt is in the booth box in a bag with your user name.

hey brandon, i'll drop by tomorrow to pickup and spend another 2-3 hours :thumbsup:

MrEd
05-02-2009, 5:34 PM
droped by , was nice to meet you guys and it was a pleasure to see Bwiese in action :King:
Got a T shirt for the GF , she just had to wear it , that is going to be fun as we are going for dinner in the city by the bay .

elrcastor
05-02-2009, 6:04 PM
Booth was great, again!!

nagorb
05-02-2009, 6:21 PM
I was wondering what happened. Hope she feels better. Nice to meet you.

sorry i had abruptly left without saying goodbye fellas. my fiance wanted to tag a long this morning and at around 3pm she felt sick and went to the car. she called me and ask me to take her home... dang women :( i may drop by tomorrow and make up my time depending on how she feels :thumbsup:

themethod
05-02-2009, 7:15 PM
Was great meeting you guys today at the show :thumbsup:

gemini1
05-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Had to go around 2x before spotting the booth. 'twas a pleasure meeting you Mr. Bwiese, and the gang. By the way I saw a mean big black bike at the parking lot with a Calgun sticker at the back seat, nice bike! could'nt come closer to admire it more, is it a Harley?

DocSkinner
05-03-2009, 6:30 AM
we were in the back left corner :thumbsup:

Military left...

as you enter - back RIGHT corner for the rest of us!

DocSkinner
05-03-2009, 6:40 AM
Thanks for op for volunteering!

Had a good time, and great meeting everyone!

Crowd was very receptive, no chill pills required!

And nagorp spit game so good he got an anonymous $300 donation!

It nice seeing the Cow Palace look more like a gun show again as well. A few of our vendors here are there in force, so if you are wavering - bight the bullet and go and say hi!

Oh - worry about catching BRD! Some amazing stuff out there. And saw a bunch of OLLs!!! Some nice Thomsons, most everything BRD fix you could think of!

Hopi
05-03-2009, 7:00 AM
Sounds like another job well done! Kudos....

B Strong
05-03-2009, 11:39 AM
What a day!

I needed to pick up ammo, and planning ahead I arrived at a time I considered to be "early."

Many others had the same idea and I found myself at the end of a long line for tickets, then at the end of a long line for entrance.

Got in, went directly to Miwall with a crowd that looked more like the race for westward expansion than a gunshow crowd, and proceeded to go through a one and a half hour scrum to get to the table, and then wait for the overworked Miwall worker to take and fill my order. Yikes! what an ordeal.

Went by the CGF booth to say hello, exited to take my ammo back to my office, and the line for tickets and entry was just as long as it had been at 8:00am.

Returned to the show for my volunteer shift, and just had a ball w/ DDT, DocSkinner, and BWiese. Got to meet Oaklander, and really enjoyed meeting all the Calgunners that took the time to stop by the booth and introduced themselves. What a cast of characters Calguns brings together!

Managed to keep descretionary funds in my pocket seeing an Enfield Jungle carbine walk by w/ a "For Sale" sign. Must.Stay.Strong.

Really looking forward to the June San Jose show, and I'm looking forward to more Calgunners coming out to introduce themselves and contribute to our community - everybody has something to contribute in our fight for our Second Amedment Rights, and the Calguns Foundation is one of the best vehicles for us to assert those rights.

mahanse
05-03-2009, 1:39 PM
Great meeting everyone today! The show was great. Got my 500 .223's and a Sham-WOW! Looking forward to future calguns social events. :)

rips31
05-03-2009, 1:52 PM
'twas great meeting the gang yesterday! too bad it took so long to get in and buy ammo from miwall, would have liked to hang out longer. looked more like a club with an open-bar than an ammo booth.

Vectrexer
05-03-2009, 3:03 PM
Some Booth Pics from Saturday morning.

B&B
http://www.zmaxdp.com/CGN/2009-05-02_Cow_Palace/P1000934.JPG

Hey You! 2A supporter. I see you.
http://www.zmaxdp.com/CGN/2009-05-02_Cow_Palace/P1000935.JPG

Right there! Can't you see the chrome lined....
http://www.zmaxdp.com/CGN/2009-05-02_Cow_Palace/P1000937.JPG

gemini1
05-03-2009, 5:24 PM
Hey, was I a little to early dropping by to say hello? I did'nt see those ball caps and stickers, just shirts that are way too big for me!?

bwiese
05-03-2009, 6:56 PM
Vectrexer, thanks for pictures.

The booth setup was beatiful and I thank Brandon, Lindsay, & others for the work in design & setup. And thanks to Vick for all the "Calgunswear".

Met a lot of great folks. We're gettin' the word out.

Apologies that I look like a balooning BestBuy clerk, Liz washed the shirt on "Hot" I think.

jdberger
05-03-2009, 7:43 PM
Amazing day!

Thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Wildhawker for an amazing setup. The booth was uber-professional.

We recieved a bunch of trafffic. Lots of questions and lots of support.

We had a bunch of CalGunners who seemed a little reticent to say hi. Next time, c'mon up and let your freak flag fly. Meet the folks you talk to every day!

wildhawker
05-03-2009, 7:52 PM
More pictures and information to follow, but I wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank the following Calgunners for their hard work and time volunteering at the booth:

DDT, Bwiese, DocSkinner, B Strong, Jaiofspam, nagorb, Ivanimal, Rumble Phish, Hoffmang, jdBerger, sytfu RR, Mrs.Wildhawker

These folks did a FANTASTIC job, and I hope to see many, many more of you follow in their footsteps and throw your hat into the ring.

Also, we would not be here today without the tremendous efforts, creativity and generosity of Can'thavenuthingood, Eric Mayer and Fast Finger- these guys do so very much to make these events possible and professional.

This team was able to reach out to volumes of Californians (and a few out-of-state gunnies) who had never heard of Calguns before, and raised over $1,500 for the Foundation this weekend alone. In the 3 events since mid-February, these events have raised $3,991- this community is nothing short of amazing.

Again, I hope to post some additional information and pictures soon, but we're fairly well wiped out. Thanks again for all of your support.

Best,

Brandon Combs

nagorb
05-03-2009, 7:56 PM
You left yourself out!

A big thanks to wildhawker!

More pictures and information to follow, but I wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank the following Calgunners for their hard work and time volunteering at the booth:

DDT, Bwiese, DocSkinner, B Strong, Jaiofspam, nagorb, Ivanimal, Rumble Phish, Hoffmang, jdBerger, sytfu RR, Mrs.Wildhawker

These folks did a FANTASTIC job, and I hope to see many, many more of you follow in their footsteps and throw your hat into the ring.

Also, we would not be here today without the tremendous efforts, creativity and generosity of Can'thavenuthingood, Eric Mayer and Fast Finger- these guys do so very much to make these events possible and professional.

This team was able to reach out to volumes of Californians (and a few out-of-state gunnies) who had never heard of Calguns before, and raised over $1,500 for the Foundation this weekend alone. In the 3 events since mid-February, these events have raised $3,991- this community is nothing short of amazing.

Again, I hope to post some additional information and pictures soon, but we're fairly well wiped out. Thanks again for all of your support.

Best,

Brandon Combs

sytfu_RR
05-03-2009, 9:50 PM

Best,

Brandon Combs

Great Job everyone did, I would like to say it was a pleasure to meet everyone today, and I look forward to being able to help our foundation out. Great job Mr & Mrs Wildhawker :thumbsup: We got a great group & Good Mix of People.

PS. Did anyone catch the website of the booth across from us, with all the gear?

DocSkinner
05-03-2009, 10:47 PM
You left yourself out!

A big thanks to wildhawker!

+1!!

vladbutsky
05-04-2009, 6:31 AM
I'll help on Saturday (Sunday is a lot less convinient for me, but if it is necessary I could try it too)

DDT
05-05-2009, 6:45 AM
Thanks Brandon. I was the early shift on Saturday and if you hadn't stopped by I would have been way out in the weeds.

chee_seen
05-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks for all the good work. I was at the gun show but didn't get to stop by and say hi. (I must apologize. I did walk by several times but was looking for toys to buy.)

Vectrexer
05-05-2009, 6:25 PM
Had to go around 2x before spotting the booth. 'twas a pleasure meeting you Mr. Bwiese, and the gang. By the way I saw a mean big black bike at the parking lot with a Calgun sticker at the back seat, nice bike! could'nt come closer to admire it more, is it a Harley?

If it was the one on Saturday morning till around noon,,, that was mine.

Vectrexer
05-05-2009, 6:27 PM
Vectrexer, thanks for pictures.

You're welcome as always Bill. If you want the originals just PM me.

sytfu_RR
05-08-2009, 12:27 AM
I can probably help on Sunday. I was of some assistance at the Cow Palace show. I already got my CG shirt, so I'm GTG in that department. I assume its the same setup? Entry Paid for and I just pay for parking? Like the Cow Palace show. Shoot me a pm with details thanks!

wildhawker
05-08-2009, 12:00 PM
I can probably help on Sunday. I was of some assistance at the Cow Palace show. I already got my CG shirt, so I'm GTG in that department. I assume its the same setup? Entry Paid for and I just pay for parking? Like the Cow Palace show. Shoot me a pm with details thanks!

Absolutely you can help- you did a great job and would make a positive addition to this show as well. All the particulars are the same.

sytfu_RR
05-09-2009, 10:34 PM
well put me down for Sunday as of now, I'll let you know if anything comes up.

sergeantrex
05-11-2009, 12:11 PM
If PRK doesn't need my help, I will be there for one day.

cj cake
05-12-2009, 4:54 PM
I don't know what my work schedule will look like that far in advance, but I would like to help.

Intrepid
05-16-2009, 1:31 PM
Fresno here, new to Calguns, I could help on Saturday.

Dr. Peter Venkman
05-21-2009, 7:41 AM
0800?

I better get some sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

DedEye
05-22-2009, 1:35 AM
I can probably work both days.

wildhawker
05-22-2009, 11:36 AM
I can probably work both days.

You are in, sir.

just4fun63
05-25-2009, 8:27 AM
Put me on the "will try to help if work schedule allows" list.

AirflowPimp
05-25-2009, 8:31 AM
From Fresno here. I am down to help out some on saturday, maybe even sunday. I'll talk to another junior member "yock" and see if he wants to help as well. Do you have links to what we will be peddling...uh, i mean selling? lol...

Can'thavenuthingood
05-27-2009, 6:53 PM
From Fresno here. I am down to help out some on saturday, maybe even sunday. I'll talk to another junior member "yock" and see if he wants to help as well. Do you have links to what we will be peddling...uh, i mean selling? lol...

The purpose of these booths and Volunteers is to talk with folks about Calguns.net and guns, your guns or their guns. Tell them about the politicians current attempts to pass more anti gun laws.
Tell them about the Calguns Foundation and how they are working with other gun orgs and alone to bring down these gun laws.
Tell them how they help defend individual gun owners win court cases.

You are not there to peddle anything but the gospel of Calguns.net.

We have some T-shirts, usually 5 of several sizes and about 5 hats of different colors if someone wants to purchase.

We have the little Constitution and Declaration of Independence booklets to give out free to those who'd like one.

We have some Calguns stickers.

ALL the money raised over the cost of the goods goes to the Foundation.

That means all the money over the cost of any one item goes to the Foundation.

No peddling, no barking, no come on's. You just speak with people and tell them what Calguns means to you.

Vick

Dr. Peter Venkman
05-28-2009, 9:43 PM
Do we need to buy polos? Or will a lanyard with Calguns work?

SJgunguy24
06-01-2009, 6:51 PM
OK everyone, I just got home. I have very long days sometimes, I need to hook up with wildhawker to get everything finalized(shirts, booth funds, shifts,etc) but we still have 3 weeks. Arteel has let me know about his schedule. I'll get in touch with everyone as soon as I can get all of the details pounded out.

Mike

wildog8812
06-02-2009, 12:01 PM
put me down as a maybe if i don't work...just ask me closer to the date

norcal-ar
06-02-2009, 8:07 PM
if help is still needed let me see what i can do my brothers b-day is that weekend and i have to find out if there is plans first.

yock
06-03-2009, 6:42 PM

I'm the guy he was talking about I can but I don't know how big of a help I will be since I am so new to the whole thing as far as laws & stuff. :1eye:

sorensen440
06-03-2009, 6:55 PM
If you need help on Saturday still let me know I am available

rumble phish
06-04-2009, 2:22 PM
Brandon, do we have a coordinator for this event yet? I'm definitely in to help out again. I'd like to help coordinate this if I can work it around my work schedule.

Drop me a PM or give me a call.

rumble phish
06-04-2009, 2:31 PM
Do you still need help for this show? I can make it out there for one day possibly...

coop44
06-05-2009, 10:06 AM
I can be out there both days if needed

Ladyfox
06-07-2009, 4:39 PM
Was really hoping that there would be a Calguns booth at this one since I'll hopefully be bringing my boss to the show. Looking forward to stopping by the booth and meeting some of you. ^_^

Dr. Peter Venkman
06-07-2009, 6:19 PM
What is the plan guys? Have not heard anything about what we are doing, how we are meeting, etc.

SJgunguy24
06-07-2009, 7:06 PM
OK, I just got ahold of wildhawker. I'll gonna go over a few things and PM's will go out tonight. Thanks to everybody for your patience.

Mike

wildhawker
06-09-2009, 1:14 AM
Updated pending final confirmation.

Tunis
06-10-2009, 8:51 PM
hey brandon...we'll be there, but at our own table! :p see ya at the show!

wildhawker
06-10-2009, 10:07 PM
hey brandon...we'll be there, but at our own table! :p see ya at the show!

Definitely, look forward to it!

yock
06-11-2009, 5:10 PM
so do we have a coordinator?

wildhawker
06-11-2009, 5:49 PM
tentative update

Can'thavenuthingood
06-11-2009, 6:48 PM
What is a tentative update?

Vick

wildhawker
06-11-2009, 7:30 PM
Not quite a firm update, but more than no update :P

Can'thavenuthingood
06-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Brandon I'll be doing a bit of an inventory tonight, I'm at work now (lunch). Give me a call this eve, want to discuss any needed items for the SJ booth.

Polo's are shipped to Volunteers with exception of one that was shorted and its currently in the embroidery shop.

Vick

wildhawker
06-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Will do.

hellraiser
06-12-2009, 3:06 PM
I cant wait!!!

Can'thavenuthingood
06-12-2009, 5:49 PM
I cant wait!!!

Hellraiser, your polo is still enroute to me. As soon as I receive it I'll get it to the embroidery shop for a rush stitching then to you in time for the show.
(I'm hoping)

Vick

hellraiser
06-12-2009, 8:39 PM
Hellraiser, your polo is still enroute to me. As soon as I receive it I'll get it to the embroidery shop for a rush stitching then to you in time for the show.
(I'm hoping)

Vick

thanks so very much...

jdberger
06-12-2009, 8:55 PM
I'm gonna see if I can make it for one of the days. Maybe Sunday. I had a great time at the Cow Palace.

B Strong
06-14-2009, 6:04 PM
Brandon I'll be doing a bit of an inventory tonight, I'm at work now (lunch). Give me a call this eve, want to discuss any needed items for the SJ booth.

Polo's are shipped to Volunteers with exception of one that was shorted and its currently in the embroidery shop.

Vick

Recieved my Polo yesterday, and thanks much for the included swag!

I'll see all of you on Saturday.

RinaMadness
06-15-2009, 3:19 PM
I've never been to an actual gun show before. What do you have to do in order to walk through the doors? Someone told me you have to join the NRA before entering. Is that true? Do you take first time volunteers? =D

elrcastor
06-15-2009, 8:55 PM
I've never been to an actual gun show before. What do you have to do in order to walk through the doors? Someone told me you have to join the NRA before entering. Is that true? Do you take first time volunteers? =D

arrive at loc, pay for parking, wait in line to pay for ticket, give ticket to person at door, enjoy show. You don't have to join the NRA.

sorensen440
06-15-2009, 8:57 PM
arrive at loc, pay for parking, wait in line to pay for ticket, give ticket to person at door, enjoy show. You don't have to join the NRA.
This is true but some times they buy ya a ticket if you do

wildhawker
06-17-2009, 6:08 AM
I'll likely need to beg out of Sat PM and Sun AM shifts. I'm going to make a couple of schedule modifications to reflect it and shoot out a PM w/ the new schedule.

wildhawker
06-18-2009, 6:42 PM
Updated schedule.

elrcastor
06-18-2009, 6:43 PM
I'll be able to make it Saturday A+P. Where is the exibitor's entrance there?

Ladyfox
06-18-2009, 7:17 PM
BTW, I do have a quick question for those of you who have been to many shows like this. I'm trying to find magazines that will work in my pre-B CZ-75 (new CZ factory mags either will not fit or fit but very snugly and do not drop free) and would like to bring it along with me to test fit any magazines I find. Would doing this be kosher or should I not risk it?

wildhawker
06-18-2009, 7:19 PM
I'll be able to make it Saturday A+P. Where is the exibitor's entrance there?

PMed; we're light volunteers on Sunday if you can help then.

Arteel
06-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Heads up, I might now be able to make it Saturday since my only "legal" transportation is down. Anyone in Sac want to carpool?

wildhawker
06-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Heads up, I might now be able to make it Saturday since my only "legal" transportation is down. Anyone in Sac want to carpool?

If you can swing out Sunday am rather than Saturday it would help balance the table. Reply or shoot me a PM to confirm.

Thanks,

BC

jdberger
06-19-2009, 6:51 AM
I'm confirmed for Sun AM.

elrcastor
06-19-2009, 11:04 AM
PMed; we're light volunteers on Sunday if you can help then.

That should work, I'll be there sunday A+P.

bwiese
06-19-2009, 12:23 PM
I will be there Sat AM around ~11AM.

ivanimal
06-19-2009, 12:28 PM
I will be there Sat AM around ~11AM.

I will be there when they open.

ETA:I am dropping my wife off at the Oakland airport early does anyone want to have breakfast somewhere before the show?

wildhawker
06-19-2009, 1:05 PM
ETA:I am dropping my wife off at the Oakland airport early does anyone want to have breakfast somewhere before the show?

Sounds good; Saturday AM crew who can make it (and any other Calgunners who want to swing by), let's grab a bite before the show.

"Just Breakfast" is pretty close to the fairgrounds and is supposed to be pretty good. Let's meet there at 7am and get into the grounds ~8:15a-ish. Mike B. and I are setting up this afternoon so not much needed except the table skirt and some settle-in/ammo cruising before the show.

Just Breakfast
2901 Monterey Hwy.
San Jose, CA 95111-3156
(408) 225-7631‎

Can'thavenuthingood
06-19-2009, 2:10 PM
Okay, I want a gun show in Lemoore.
I gotta drive for hours for a meet up, shoot, BBQ or breakfast. Then when I get there I have to take a nap first:)

7am breakfast in San Jose means I leave here at 4 am which means I have to roll out of bed NLT 3:30. Hell, some of you guys don't GO TO bed before then.

Don't get old:wheelchair:
Vick

PS: Brandon, UPS shows package delivered at 2:12 pm today.
(The chicken barks at noon)

GrayWolf09
06-19-2009, 7:20 PM

You have to buy some shamwows and taste some beef jerky.:balloon:

wildhawker
06-19-2009, 7:30 PM
The gun show will be held in the Pavillions building at the San Jose Fairgrounds. The Calguns booth is located directly adjacent to the concessions area along the wall (a few booths down from the ammo table).

Calgunners (everyone), Sallie Nordyke has gone out of her way to welcome and support us; please come out to the show and let them know we all sincerely appreciate their tenacious fight for our 1A and 2A rights, not to mention the opportunity to promote RKBA and the Calguns community.

See you at the show!

sorensen440
06-19-2009, 7:55 PM
I'm guessing this is just normal jeans attire ?

wildhawker
06-19-2009, 9:50 PM
I'm guessing this is just normal jeans attire ?

Nice jeans are fine; think business casual. Dis you order a Polo? What size are you?

sorensen440
06-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Nice jeans are fine; think business casual. Dis you order a Polo? What size are you?
No I regretfully did not order a polo
I'm a 2x if there is an opportunity to buy one I will

I'm planning on getting there around 11 to walk the show prior to my shift

bwiese
06-19-2009, 11:12 PM
I've never been to an actual gun show before. What do you have to do in order to walk through the doors? Someone told me you have to join the NRA before entering. Is that true?

There are NRA signup booths outside the gunshow.

And it would seem to me to be a bit incongruous to try to be a CGF volunteer and not be an NRA member - they really go hand in hand. We can't do what we do without some Big Dogs on the other end doing what they do - and we often interact with same attorneys, etc. for common goal.

JTecalo
06-20-2009, 5:08 PM
Got to meet IVAnimal, Wildhawker, SJGunguy24 and catch a glimpse of Mr. Kilmer

didn't buy anything except a CalGuns hat.

Waldo
06-20-2009, 5:09 PM
I had a chance to stop by the booth today..it was nice to finally meet ivanimal and bwiese in person and put a face to the names..

Thanks guys for all you do for the community!

Charles (and the 3 year old appendage:D)

LesGrossman41510
06-20-2009, 5:38 PM
cool gun show, man ammo was going QUICK. i dont know if theres gonna be any left tommorow for the stragglers.

The Metal Dog booth had deals! he was selling 10 rounders for 15 a pop! grabbed me a couple of those plus a few boxes of ammo and a combat vest.

sorensen440
06-20-2009, 5:40 PM
Nice seeing and meeting you guys today
I felt naked without a slinged rifle and will do better next time :p

Ladyfox
06-20-2009, 5:59 PM
Stopped by myself earlier today, bought a shirt, and made a small donation. Was nice to see some of you in-person and be able to put a same to some faces. ^_^

Wish I could have stuck around a bit longer but needed to head out since I drove there with my boss. :D

rexbo47
06-20-2009, 9:50 PM
The show seemed way smaller than last time I was there.

Bought some 1911 chit, Wilson mags, and Remington .45 JHP

Nice to meet some of the CalGuns folk, too.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

oneone
06-20-2009, 9:59 PM
I bought a nice calgun shirt and shook hands with the dedicated Calgunners manning the booth (Ivanimal and Bwiese and a few more I can't recall their names, sorry) Thanks guys for devoting your time. Overall, the show is/was great; the best gun show in SJ in years.

ivanimal
06-20-2009, 10:19 PM
It was very nice to meet all of our supporters. I am glad Bill decided at the last minute to forgo the unitard. It made for a better experience.:43:I will be back there tomorrow. Stop by if you are in town.

LesGrossman41510
06-21-2009, 3:00 AM
I was looking for calguns.net T shirts! maybe you guys were already sold out, at least i managed to grab some stickers. is there a place to grab calguns gear online?

Tunis
06-21-2009, 6:14 AM
great meeting many fellow cal-gunners! the show had a pretty good turn out with alot more AR guys than i anticipated! the san jose show has been known to be a small slow show, but saturday's turn out looked promising for the future. c'mon out if you missed it on saturday! :thumbsup:

B Strong
06-21-2009, 9:30 AM
It was great yesterday at the show, and I'd like to thank all the Calgunners who came by the booth and introduced themselves, and a special thanks to everyone who donated to the cause.

We need every Calgunner to get involved with our battle against the oppressive gun legislation that is currently proposed, as well as the fight against the laws that are in effect right now.

Please contact your elective represenatives about AB962, the restrictions on ammo sales, as well as the proposed DFG ban on lead ammo statewide.

Can'thavenuthingood
06-21-2009, 12:20 PM
I was looking for calguns.net T shirts! maybe you guys were already sold out, at least i managed to grab some stickers. is there a place to grab calguns gear online?

Along with the website (http://gunsr4.us/)I have posted a few threads with new products as they come into the inventory of Calguns apparel. (http://gunsr4.us/)
Website is waiting to be updated just finishing up a game of phone tag.

Some new T-shirt designs here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=173553&highlight=Hoodies) and in another thread are the black t-shirts. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186944&highlight=black+tactical+shirt)

Hoodies (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=184761&highlight=hoodies) are a new product good for the June gloom.

Some new hat ideas are here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186257)

Have several Ladies T-shirts in the shop right now for workup and wear test, comments etc.

Vick

hellraiser
06-21-2009, 2:10 PM
Just wanted to say i had a great time yesterday at the booth!!! meeting fellow calgunners, passing out flyers and just talkin guns made for a great day!!! im glad we got out so many flowcharts,i figure each one keeps someone out of trouble! anyhow i would be more then willing to help at any future calguns events, and get some use out of that huge blue polo you guys got me!!!(thanks again vick)

Arteel
06-21-2009, 5:18 PM
Need a model for your womens apparel? No, not me. :D

Along with the website (http://gunsr4.us/)I have posted a few threads with new products as they come into the inventory of Calguns apparel. (http://gunsr4.us/)
Website is waiting to be updated just finishing up a game of phone tag.

Some new T-shirt designs here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=173553&highlight=Hoodies) and in another thread are the black t-shirts. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186944&highlight=black+tactical+shirt)

Hoodies (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=184761&highlight=hoodies) are a new product good for the June gloom.

Some new hat ideas are here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186257)

Have several Ladies T-shirts in the shop right now for workup and wear test, comments etc.

Vick

Can'thavenuthingood
06-21-2009, 6:42 PM
Need a model for your womens apparel? No, not me. :D

Already have a few Lady Calgunners to try things out before going into production.

Vick

Ladyfox
06-21-2009, 8:53 PM

Do you know if you will be stocking the Ladies T-shirts in XL and how long they are? I've had a dickens of a time in the past with this where some makers say XL on the label but they're more like L in the length and shoulders/chest. I'd also be curious about colors you have in mind as well. ^_^

wildhawker
06-21-2009, 11:01 PM
With this forum likely closed in the next day or so, the non-show discussions may want to go to PM. -BC

Arteel
06-22-2009, 1:02 AM
Will do.

coop44
06-22-2009, 5:20 PM
My first time volunteering yesterday, I just want to say thanks to the guys at the booth and all the calgunners who stopped by. Acquired a lot of knowledge and reconfirmed my belief that the people here are the nicest bunch 'o nuts, disturbingly unbalanced guys and gals I have had the privelege of knowing in quite a while. looking forward to the next show.

wildhawker
06-28-2009, 3:11 PM
Fantastic show guys, especially for the smaller venue of San Jose.

Closing this event.

Can'thavenuthingood
07-02-2009, 4:00 PM
Anyone stepping up to co-ordinate the Fresno show?

My hands are full handling the Calguns.net gear however I am available for some on the phone assistance, advise, consoling etc.

I am in Lemoore and plan to get to the show but not sure if I can actually schedule booth time as I don't know what times I'll have free.

Yock? Rumble Phish?

Fresno?, Clovis?, Visalia?, Hanford?, Madera? Modesto? Lemoore?

Vick

rumble phish
07-02-2009, 6:29 PM
Anyone stepping up to co-ordinate the Fresno show?

My hands are full handling the Calguns.net gear however I am available for some on the phone assistance, advise, consoling etc.

I am in Lemoore and plan to get to the show but not sure if I can actually schedule booth time as I don't know what times I'll have free.

Yock? Rumble Phish?

Fresno?, Clovis?, Visalia?, Hanford?, Madera? Modesto? Lemoore?

Vick

I missed out on the San Jose show.

I really want to help out but I don't know if I'll have the time to coordinate this. PM me and run the details by me. What does it take? How much time is involved? I'm pretty busy with work right now as it's our busy season, but I'll give a fair look at it and see if I can help coordinate.

Can'thavenuthingood
07-10-2009, 10:29 AM
What are the duties of a coordinator?

Vick

bomb_on_bus
07-15-2009, 9:46 AM
Sounds interesting.

Would like to help if you guys were to ever attend a show down here in Bakersfield.

wildhawker
08-14-2009, 4:03 PM
DATE: Sept 19-20, 2009
VENUE INFO: http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/sh...es.htm#sanfran
REGIONAL COORDINATOR: bplvr

**CREW**
COORDINATOR: DedEye
CREW:

Saturday: All day: Stormfeather, MrNiceGuy, Lateralus, QuarterBoreGunner, blisster, Ivanimal (8-12), JDberger (8-12), B Strong (8-12), Ghost (12-3), SJGunGuy24 (12-5), Librarian (12-5), VladButsky (Saturday afternoon preferred)

Sunday: All day: Lateralus, Marshaul (tentative), TheDrickel (12-5), Oaklander (12-5)

In but shifts unscheduled/tentative: Berto (needs ride from Berkeley), Steyr_223, Dr. Peter Venkman, Movie_Zombie, TheMPOPresence, Hoffmang, Bwiese

Sunday just got a bit thinner as a result of folks changing to work the J&R Customer Appreciation day. Can any of the unscheduled/tentative people chime in on whether you are still planning to come, and if you are available on Sunday?

wildhawker
08-14-2009, 4:08 PM
DATE: Nov 7-8, 2009
VENUE INFO: http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/sh...es.htm#sanfran

COORDINATOR: Dragonfly
CREW: TBD
> Need 3-4 Calgunners both Sat and Sun for 2-4 hour shifts

wildhawker
08-14-2009, 4:31 PM
EVENT: SACRAMENTO GUN SHOW
DATE: Sept. 26 & 27, 2009
(California State Fairgrounds)
1600 Exposition Boulevard
Sacramento, CA
VENUE INFO: http://www.calexpo.com/html/calexpo_directions.asp

COORDINATOR: Lateralus
CREW: See Below

packnrat
08-15-2009, 9:12 AM
I am on vacation then, might be a small showing as D-3,4,5 opens sep 26.
Sadley I can not give of my time that weekend. Must be a ways off at camp by sep 24.

snake eater 138
08-17-2009, 1:14 PM
ill sit in a booth on sat

ivanimal
08-17-2009, 1:25 PM
I should be around.

trautert
08-17-2009, 7:45 PM
That's probably the closest gunshow to me that is going to get a calguns booth, but that particular weekend I will be in X10 trying to find something with antlers to shoot. I am going to find a NorCal show to help out.
Tom

trautert
08-17-2009, 7:55 PM
I can work a shift or even two on Saturday.

Assuming, of course, that there will be gun shows at the Cow Palace by then.

Sick Boy
08-17-2009, 7:55 PM
Would love to volunteer that weekend, but we are going to Ukiah for a BLM camp, shoot & cleanup.

Anything coming in the Bay Area after that and I'm game!!

trautert
08-17-2009, 7:59 PM
Sick Boy, just noticed a thread about a show at the Cow Palace first weekend in November.
Tom

Sick Boy
08-17-2009, 8:13 PM
Sick Boy, just noticed a thread about a show at the Cow Palace first weekend in November.
Tom

Hey, if someone is willing to drive me down there, I'll set up and tear down whatever needs it!

wildhawker
08-17-2009, 9:39 PM
DedEye added as coordinator- let's get to it Calgunners, we need a crew!

wildhawker
08-17-2009, 9:41 PM
Show your support at the September event and get those folks writing/faxing/emailing!

MrNiceGuy
08-17-2009, 9:56 PM
OMG.....you let DedEye be the coordinator!?
Might as well put me down for 2 shifts (if I'm not oncall that weekend).
Someone has to keep him out of trouble.....:P

ivanimal
08-17-2009, 9:58 PM
I will take a shift.

jdberger
08-17-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm in.

Pair me with Ivan.

We work well together. Like peas and carrots.

(I get to be the carrot this time)

GammaRei
08-18-2009, 4:38 PM
I thought that Dedeye put me down. . .

- G

MrNiceGuy
08-18-2009, 4:52 PM
Uh oh.....Gamma's showing up too?!
Should be a party for sure!

5150Marcelo
08-18-2009, 4:55 PM
Brandon, too bad this wasnt on when I was in town. Id be down to help out as long as I can bring my trusty cooler back pack full of joy and happiness! :D

5150Marcelo
08-18-2009, 4:56 PM
Uh oh.....Gamma's showing up too?!
Should be a party for sure!

Yup, mexicans know how to party right!;)

thedrickel
08-18-2009, 6:04 PM
Put me down for the late shift on Sunday :)

wildhawker
08-18-2009, 7:55 PM
updated; gamma, what shift?

DedEye
08-18-2009, 9:34 PM
MrNiceGuy, what shift do you want?

PM me your numbers if I don't have it already.

DedEye
08-18-2009, 10:36 PM
MNG is down for all day Saturday.

SJgunguy24
08-19-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm in for a Saturday late shift. I'm still catching crap about spending the entire fathers day weekend at the San Jose show back in June.

ivanimal
08-19-2009, 12:27 AM
I'm in.

Pair me with Ivan.

We work well together. Like peas and carrots.

(I get to be the carrot this time)

Like chicken and corn!

GammaRei
08-19-2009, 11:08 AM
updated; gamma, what shift?

Saturday and Sunday I believe, But I will have to let you know what my work schedule is when I get back to work incase they schedule me for saturday or sunday. . .

- G

trautert
08-19-2009, 9:28 PM
That's the only weekend I have to scout X-10. Sorry.
Tom

DedEye
08-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Current crew schedule:

Saturday: Stormfeather (all day), MrNiceGuy (all day), GammaRei (all day; tentative)

Ivanimal (8-12), JDberger (8-12), Ghost (12-3), SJGunGuy24 (12-5), Librarian (12-5)

Sunday: Stormfeather (all day), GammaRei (all day; tentative)

TheDrickel (12-5), Oaklander (12-5)

In but shifts unscheduled: VladButsky, Lateralus, QuarterBoreGunner (tentative), Steyr_223 (tentative), Dr. Peter Venkman (tentative).

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting a person or two. Please post if you can make it and what shift you want to take.

oaklander
08-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Me too! Me and the Drick, we are like THIS!

Put me down for the late shift on Sunday :)

oaklander
08-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Can I bring my AK pistol?

jdberger
08-19-2009, 11:46 PM

Why not...

I can't wait for the Sgt at the front checking weapons says, "Oh, another one of YOU guys....".

That was friggin precious.

He didn't respond when I asked if he meant a person with a rifle...:p

DedEye
08-20-2009, 12:09 AM

Please do. I was going to post a request that people bring sample OLLs/firearms, but you beat me to it :).

Please bring examples of various off list rifles and pistols that demonstrate the unique features of California compliance. We've already got at least an AK pistol on its way on Sunday, as well as a couple ARs (MMG and dedicated .22), and at least one AK with fin grip on one day. If Ivan brings a selection of his rifles, we'll probably have plenty on Saturday, at least in the AM :).

If you are comfortable leaving a rifle with us either while you attend the show, or know someone well enough that you can loan them a rifle to keep at the show one or both days, that would also help. Post or PM what you have to offer, as we will be best served with variety. Unique stuff like AK and AR pistols draw crowds, as do any other random and off the wall goodies (anyone got an AOW or C&R SBS they can bring for demonstration purposes?). We can keep your guns "hands off" if you like, but it would help tremendously if you're willing to let people handle them.

Also, if you are planning to bring one of your firearms, a sling is a great thing to have as well. Actually holding the rifle and getting it off the rack to make it more visible is a fantastic conversation starter, as anyone who saw the January show can attest. This will also help if you have a loaner rifle you don't want us to leave unattended, since we can keep it with us at all times.

wildhawker
08-20-2009, 9:44 AM
One suggestion for a presentation concept that has worked beautifully in other areas: you may find you reach a greater cross-section of attendees if other types of firearms are represented at the table as well as the AR/AK platforms. That said, AR/AK pistols are less common and could incite serious interest from those who've just seen 300 rifles at Cold War but nothing that looked like *that*.

Having 20 variations of EBRs at the table may be interesting to some, but how about a slow bolt, lever, python and 1911 (maybe an IPSC open gun?) being there as well?

Last thought- holding an AR rifle may be intimidating for some of the wives/girlfriends who attend with their gun-loving significant other. I'd really like to see us have a less-imposing option for those females interested in something they can use bedside, for plinking or whatever their needs. I'm thinking along the lines of a CZ75/Glock/XD.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
08-20-2009, 2:18 PM
PM'd DedEye, count me in on the Sacramento show.

Librarian
08-20-2009, 4:09 PM
I have my old Marlin bolt-action .22 :)

DedEye has recruited me for Sat 12-5.

marshaul
08-20-2009, 4:36 PM
I can work a shift. Send me a PM.

DedEye
08-20-2009, 11:13 PM
One suggestion for a presentation concept that has worked beautifully in other areas: you may find you reach a greater cross-section of attendees if other types of firearms are represented at the table as well as the AR/AK platforms. That said, AR/AK pistols are less common and could incite serious interest from those who've just seen 300 rifles at Cold War but nothing that looked like *that*.

Having 20 variations of EBRs at the table may be interesting to some, but how about a slow bolt, lever, python and 1911 (maybe an IPSC open gun?) being there as well?

Last thought- holding an AR rifle may be intimidating for some of the wives/girlfriends who attend with their gun-loving significant other. I'd really like to see us have a less-imposing option for those females interested in something they can use bedside, for plinking or whatever their needs. I'm thinking along the lines of a CZ75/Glock/XD.

Agreed. Showing something for everyone will get us mass appeal. As for pistols, it would be great if people could bring some off roster stuff to show people what isn't available for sale from dealers to non-LEOs (Pink Mosquito, anyone?). A tricked out 1911 or two will be nice for demonstrating to competition folks what they are missing out on, and give them a reason to want to donate. As for the crazy unique stuff, I wonder if PRK will be able to loan us anything as well... ;)

I would also suggest that not everyone carry their rifle in a sling, or carry anything at all (except perhaps pamphlets). As Brandon said, it helps with the approachable factor. At the same time, having at least one or two people holding a firearm where it can be seen and touched also lets the folks not carrying them start conversations with the curious looking onlookers and passersby.

Still, options are always good to have, so we'll have to bring lots of goodies.

DedEye
08-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Current crew schedule:

Saturday: Stormfeather (all day), MrNiceGuy (all day), GammaRei (all day; tentative) Lateralus (all day)

Ivanimal (8-12), JDberger (8-12), Ghost (12-3), SJGunGuy24 (12-5), Librarian (12-5), VladButsky (Saturday afternoon preferred)

Sunday: Stormfeather (all day), GammaRei (all day; tentative), Lateralus (all day)

In but shifts unscheduled: QuarterBoreGunner (tentative), Steyr_223 (tentative), Dr. Peter Venkman (tentative), DanTodd (tentative), Movie_Zombie (tentative).

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting a person or two. Please post if you can make it and what shift you want to take.

DedEye
08-20-2009, 11:37 PM
If even half of our tentative members can make it, and everyone else that said they'll come shows, we'll have an amazing team working this booth.

wildhawker
08-20-2009, 11:46 PM
I'll be damned - DedEye has to go and turn this into a frickin whos-who of Calguns ;)

Awesome group all! This should be an amazing show.

Speaking of amazing, who's up for sushi?

DedEye
08-20-2009, 11:50 PM
I'll be damned - DedEye has to go and turn this into a frickin whos-who of Calguns ;)

Awesome group all! This should be an amazing show.

Speaking of amazing, who's up for sushi?

You know I am! Saturday night?

DedEye
08-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Lateralus said he'd like to spearhead the booth in Sac, so mark him down as Coordinator.

wildhawker
08-21-2009, 1:16 AM
Coordinator added, will update vols when crew/schedule develops

DedEye
08-21-2009, 2:01 AM
I should be able to work all of Sunday, by the way.

Better list me as tentative for now just in case things change.

bwiese
08-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Unfortunately I'll prob not be able to make it this weekend.

Thanks to all the great folks for signing on, we'll be well-represented.

thedrickel
08-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Ha . . . seems like DE's got some pull around here! :thumbsup:

I'll bring one of my fal para's and an S12, and whatever else that's cool that I can find around here.

Librarian
08-21-2009, 12:26 PM
So, is there an FAQ for the newbie booth-babes?

I know things like 'business casual, no camo'.

Probably deserves its own thread....

MrNiceGuy
08-21-2009, 6:22 PM
Yah! FAQ for booth noobs (me) please.

Besides the AK I "might" bring a "complete" LaRue AR.
It the LEO at the checkpoint coo with all the AR/AK/EBR come through the gates (legally configured)?

I don't want my baby getting taken away for no good reason.

Librarian
08-21-2009, 9:54 PM
Is there electrical power at the booth?

A laptop running some of the firearm animations might be amusing.

And I think I can collect the whole Calguns Foundation Wiki and run it locally; maybe - haven't tried it yet. -- Yes, with a little fiddling it works fine, if a bit less pretty than the real thing.

wildhawker
08-21-2009, 10:47 PM
We tried the laptop at the first show, had ~10 or so signups right there the first day. All in all it's tough to work with and talk to people, tend to make your back turn to audience unless you have a separate monitor/tv you're running to.

The FAQ is [still] in the works (I know, I know, it's taking longer than the AR/AK memo...). Until then, please PM a Calgunner who's worked a booth (such as DedEye, Ivanimal, JDBerger, Lateralus, Vladbutsky and SJGunGuy24 from this bunch).

DSeifert
08-24-2009, 8:09 PM
I have a prior committment in the early evening of 9/26, but would be very willing to help earlier in the day or anytime on 9/27.

Bobula
08-24-2009, 10:31 PM
I'll be available all day sunday. I get off work at 6:am on the 27th in jackson and can drive right out there. Already committed through dedeye.

I have a calguns shirt ready to go. :D

DedEye
08-24-2009, 10:55 PM
I've spoken with Tman, he's planning to work on Sunday as well.

Same goes for 762Cavalier.

DedEye
08-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Tgriffin is another tentative yes for Saturday and Sunday.

DedEye
08-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Current crew schedule:

Saturday: Stormfeather (all day), MrNiceGuy (all day), GammaRei (all day; tentative) Lateralus (all day), QuarterBoreGunner (all day)

Ivanimal (8-12), JDberger (8-12), Ghost (12-3), SJGunGuy24 (12-5), Librarian (12-5), VladButsky (Saturday afternoon preferred)

Sunday: Stormfeather (all day), GammaRei (all day; tentative), Lateralus (all day), Marshaul (all day, tentative)

In but shifts unscheduled: Berto (tentative; needs ride from Berkeley), Steyr_223 (tentative), Dr. Peter Venkman (tentative), DanTodd (tentative), Movie_Zombie (tentative).

DedEye
08-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Yah! FAQ for booth noobs (me) please.

Besides the AK I "might" bring a "complete" LaRue AR.
It the LEO at the checkpoint coo with all the AR/AK/EBR come through the gates (legally configured)?

I don't want my baby getting taken away for no good reason.

Bring that AR :D.

The door LEOs are used to seeing EBRs. After all, Cold War Shooters tends to work this show and PRK has made at least one appearance in the past. You'll have plenty of support even if you do somehow managed to get hassled.

The booth FAQ is really simple, and can be learned in the 15 minutes before the show. I'm not kidding when I say that it mostly consists of doing what you do here on Calguns. Point people in the right direction to find out about CA gun laws, encourage them to donate to CGF and get active locally and nationally.

It's more about what not to talk about than it is what to talk about. If you can avoid it, try not to talk about non-gun politics. Obviously if someone brings it up and wants to vent you can listen, but you may not agree with them and probably don't want to engage in a protracted debate.

The last Cow Palace show I worked we were set up right next to a Truther booth, so we got a few people with their tin foil hats screwed on tight wander over to us. You don't want to call someone a nut and discourage involvement based on their other views and opinions if they're willing to help fight for the 2nd Amendment with us. Likewise, if someone wants to push for legalizing medical marijuana or gay marriage you don't want to get in a debate and turn away a potential ally from that end of the spectrum either.

In short, do as Bill Wiese advises and avoid mixing issues. We have a hard enough fight as it is to defend our gun rights without distractions and internal strife and disagreements.

Finally, there are certain gun related topics you may want to avoid bringing up due to the sensitivity of the topic or due to the complexity and difficulty explaining it in a 5 minute gun show conversation. Unloaded open carry is a prime example. If someone is interested in the subject, point them to the forum and the wealth of information available on the subject here.

DedEye
08-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Oh and a PS of great news I keep meaning to add:

Bill Byrd, owner Bullseye in San Rafael, has generously agreed to sponsor the Calguns booth at the Cow Palace gun show.

If you're stopping by there, make sure to thank Bill for his support!

hoffmang
08-25-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm in for a few hours on one of the two days. I'll get back to the thread as we get closer on which day is better. The next week is going to be crazy!

-Gene

Arteel
08-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Count me in if you guys need any help.

Lateralus
08-26-2009, 9:11 PM
Thanks for the kind word DedEye.

I just sent Brandon a PM. At this point, if anyone would like to volunteer to work the booth, they should contact wildhawker or myself and we will work you in. Believe me when I say it is a ton of fun to help out at these events.

leitung
08-29-2009, 2:44 PM
I am in, PM on the way..

I have a CGN t shirt, I can help with setup, take down as well. I have to work from 7pm to 11pm however, but I am free both days.

A am not a great public speaker or salesperson, but I will do my best to educate the masses who come by on OLLs and firearms laws, which I consider myself fairly knowledgable.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
08-29-2009, 5:22 PM
I'm in for Saturday the 26th, however I'm a groomsman on Sunday the 27th and won't be able to do the booth.

Bobula
08-30-2009, 11:57 PM
wildHawker, did you get my PM?

Lateralus
08-31-2009, 9:27 PM
Sent out a PM to everyone who has shown interest so far. We still need a few people, folks. Tell a friend!

tommyid1
08-31-2009, 9:33 PM
Im down to help out. i can do sat but i work sundays.
Pm me with details w what you guys need.

Thanks,
Tom

coop44
09-01-2009, 3:10 PM
you can count on me, I have no life, can I bring my hound? (dachs-hound mutant killer)
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMAG00023.JPG

Lateralus
09-01-2009, 5:00 PM
Order Up!

http://i28.tinypic.com/zxmrna.jpg

Please let me know if there are any schedule conflicts. Everything is tentative at this point. Soon I will make another for needed supplies and "visuals". Cheers!

Bobula
09-02-2009, 12:05 AM
I'll be there at 9:am snooping the show and looking for deals anyway. How's this work, do we need passes or badges, or just our calguns shirts?

ivanimal
09-02-2009, 12:25 AM
I can be there all day Sunday.

B Strong
09-02-2009, 5:05 AM
I'm in for Saturday, if I'm needed.