PDA

View Full Version : Flakey People...

hated
10-08-2012, 2:34 PM
I am new here, but I'm starting to get concerned about the quality of transactions, ie., buyers/sellers. I've now had three transactions go sideways, and need some guidance. I usually just buy from Triple A's, but I'm trying to be a cheap ***, and it's not quite working. The three's a charm, so I'm hoping my next couple work out better. Any pointers on how to make things run smoothly? Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this an accurate reflection of what to expect here. I'm like a kid in a toy store, and the clerks won't take my money cuz I'm too young or something. Can anyone share their experiences?

fighterpilot562
10-08-2012, 2:34 PM
It happens quiet a bit from what ive heard/seen

Lifeon2whls
10-08-2012, 2:54 PM
Hard to say but you may have just had a run of bad luck or are trying to buy guns that have a huge amount of people who want them...therefore the sellers are probably getting emails from people willing to pay more than they are offering. To be honest, if I saw an ad with the exact gun I wanted and a someone already posted "I'll take it per my PM", I would send the seller an email and offer some extra money.

The problem is that it doesn't seem like people are being honest with you. Again...maybe just some bad luck but just be happy you didnt try to get in on a group buy of Mosins...

Apec
10-08-2012, 2:57 PM
I am new here, but I'm starting to get concerned about the quality of transactions, ie., buyers/sellers. I've now had three verbal commitments only for people to rescind the transaction with some type of lame excuse. Is this the norm here? People tell you it's yours, only to sale it out from under you a short time there after? I usually just buy from Triple A's, to minimize the BS factor, and think I may have to go back to that. I have been flaked on by ChrisTKHarris, after speaking to him, and being told the gun was mine. I've been flaked on by some dude in Antioch about sub 2k's, and now I'm stuck with an extra. Lastly, today, I get a note from m1a1driver saying he was at shooting range with my gun and broke it. LMAO! The add says it's gone, but he's telling me is broken? Why if you're trying to sale something, would you be using it after you have a seller lined up, baffles the mind. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this an accurate reflection of what to expect here. I've wasted about 6 hours of my time, and want to know how to avoid it. Can anyone share their experiences?
Broken? Did it suffer a catastrophic kaboom rendering it unfit for sale?

Figure seller could still pass it to you with a discount to make up for the damage - assuming its repairable and reasonable.

chozenfew805
10-08-2012, 4:01 PM
Welcome Aboard!:hurray:

Sorry to hear you've had a couple bad experiences on here, but you also get awesome deals here and there too though;)

frankDmole
10-08-2012, 4:06 PM
Not sure, I've had good experiences so far, it could be your bad luck.

You could check the iTrader ratings prior to buying, but to me the best way to know is the join date and post count.

keep in mind that sellers will also look at your iTrader/join date/post count and might not want to sell to someone that just decided to sign up.

thomashoward
10-08-2012, 4:14 PM
Welcome.
Remember communication is key. If someone says they will take it and 3 days later still no commo, then bye,bye to you. use the feedback to check
I have sold to people with no feedback that were in the sand box. took a leap of faith

510GUY
10-08-2012, 4:22 PM
itrader is your friend young grasshopper

flipdiver
10-08-2012, 4:56 PM
I've had a few but most have been great transactions. Welcome aboard!

llamatrnr
10-08-2012, 5:31 PM
29 transactions; 100% perfect; could it be that you're"hated"? :D ;)

paul0660
10-08-2012, 5:35 PM
29 transactions; 100% perfect; could it be that you're"hated"? :D ;)

My first thought. First impressions...................

onegtalon
10-08-2012, 5:55 PM
Welcome aboard! Sorry about your recent 'deals'... Sounds like bad luck... Craigslist is worse.

Sent from my iPhone...

socalpistolero
10-08-2012, 6:25 PM
welcome.

hated
10-08-2012, 9:50 PM
Sucks, cuz I've come across some cool stuff, and good deals, but can't close for crap.

biorunner
10-08-2012, 10:19 PM
This is an interesting topic, I have found a variety of different people on this forum. I made a trade with a guy a few weeks ago met up with him in the parking lot and ended up talking with the guy for quite awhile great guy. On the other hand I am shocked sometimes about what people say to one another either trying to be condescending or trying to squeeze a few more dollars out of another or like you say just plain flaky. I had a guy the other day respond to a post of mine saying " I am interested in your gun for sale but I need you to go on gun-broker and look up what they are selling for and then make me a better offer I may consider then". My advise is just be patient, talk to the seller on the phone and get a read from them that way. Make plans verbally then via email. If all that goes well then the close should go well too.

DeanW66
10-09-2012, 8:50 AM
Welcome aboard! Sorry to hear about your issues w/ the marketplace. I've done 10 for various things but no actual arms yet.

h0use
10-09-2012, 1:31 PM
Welcome

BlackTydeTactical
10-10-2012, 2:33 AM
Welcome aboard!