Larue Tactical 9" hand guard
ARMS 2A flip up
Sabre Defense 1/7 5.56
Rainier Arms Brake

Rainier stripped and built
Standard trigger
Magpul grip
VLTOR buttstock

Short story of incredible customer service: I've been going in and out of High Desert Sporting Arms in Palmdale at least once a day for the last 3 weeks spending an average of 3 hours per, talking Mike and Eric's ears off. Mike is incredibly knowledgeable and pointed me in every right direction. Eric (the owner) had been on the bench rebuilding an AR for his brother in law who is heading downrange soon and through the course of talking I asked what he was doing with his old (relatively speaking) upper. He asked if I was interested so I asked for a price. I'm not going to divulge numbers but I will say he cut me one heck of a deal, better than he should have IMO, because I'm a vet and a firefighter.

Let me tell you this has not been my experience in most shops I've ever been in. Most don't give you the time of day, I presume, because you can take that info and go build one cheaper buying online. You just don't get this kind of service anywhere anymore.

Eric, I know you're on here and just want to say a heartfelt thank you. I'd go out of my way to buy from you again, you've got a customer for life.

10-08-2012, 2:07 PM
Looks like quality parts there, except for that DSA carrier, but then again I've never tried their carriers. I've had bad experiences with some of their other parts though. Everything else sounds pretty nice - I own several of these parts myself on some of my guns - and the nice thing is that you had a pro assemble it.

Now let's see some groupings!

10-08-2012, 2:25 PM
DSA is run by a meat head that sticks HGH flyers in his packages but his parts always seem OK.

I wouldn't worry about the carrier if you trust the seller.

As for professional assembly, some pros go above and beyond but most do about as well as an amateur on the simple builds (ARs just aren't that hard unless you're trying to build a match rifle with the highest possible accuracy).

10-08-2012, 2:29 PM
Some quality parts you got there brother, enjoy!

10-08-2012, 5:06 PM
Congrats!!!!! but you've been officially diagnosed with EBRD:43:

10-08-2012, 5:17 PM
Sounds good to me. BCG should be fine, you can always upgrade, but a first build you did good. Most people by cheap crap because the good stuff aint cheap, but then you end up buying the good stuff so the cheap stuff is just a waste of money.
P.S. if your a firefighter thanks for your service.

10-09-2012, 8:41 AM
Thanks all! Yes, I haven't even fired it yet and I'm looking for more things to do. EBRD in full effect.

10-09-2012, 9:09 AM
Congrats! I just build my first AR last week! Looks like you had a much higher budget than I did, though :p

03-21-2013, 9:40 PM
UPDATE: EBRD continues unabated. Added the Vortex Strikefire glass and a Magpul AFG2 plus a mixture of Magpul rail covers. Reciprocating support for Magpul for having our back against oppressive governments, local, State and Federal.

Edit: looking at the original, she's come a long way.

03-21-2013, 9:45 PM
Sweet lookin build! I was into the all black look when i built my first rifle but every time i see a nice FDE build like this, I contemplate picking up some FDE furniture to throw on it. Maybe on my next build...

Thanks for your service also!

03-21-2013, 9:54 PM
TYVM Chris I'm glad you like it. I had it set up with the AFG1 at first but decided I didn't like how the 1 flare blocked the rails.

03-22-2013, 5:09 AM
TYVM Chris I'm glad you like it. I had it set up with the AFG1 at first but decided I didn't like how the 1 flare blocked the rails.

Nice. Only thing left to do now is get out and shoot it!! (and find ammo at a decent price in this crazy market lol)

03-22-2013, 6:03 AM
Congrats, looks good. I like it!!!