PDA

View Full Version : Saiga 7.62x39 stock questions

Garith
10-08-2012, 12:19 PM
I am looking to get a Saiga 7.62x39 and I have questions regarding stocks. Before anyone says anything I have used the search feature and after losing a good 8 hours reading and checking out various posts I could not get a answer to my question. Doing some research on the CA Bureau of Firearms website I came across this "(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon." but while looking at the link below created a question for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Shotgun-Tactical-Position-Collapsible-Pistol/dp/B005CW57ZY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349668666&sr=8-1&keywords=Saiga

The pistol grip does not protrude underneath the action of the weapon. So with this in mind I would not have to install a bullet button on this rifle and thus still keeping it a featureless rifle? Also at its shortest adjustment it is 35 inches in length, well above the 30 inch limit I saw somewhere else.

I am also aware that I would have to change out a few parts to meet 922 compliance. Or at least I think I will have to change out parts.

Any help would be great. Thank you so much for your thoughtful and helpful responses. Also please refrain from the whole AR vs. AK thing I have both, just looking to expand the stable before 2014.

eclectic
10-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Yes, this is an AW feature. It's below the action along a horizontal plane; doesn't matter that it's not technically directly underneath it. And if the stock is adjustable, you're automatically not featureless. Adjustable/folding stock is a feature. Refer to our flowchart if you have any other details you need clarified.

Bug Splat
10-08-2012, 1:16 PM
Sorry, but that would still make a AW.

Garith
10-08-2012, 1:47 PM
How about if the stock is not adjustable but pinned in place? Will that fly?

Just trying to figure out this whole thing. I have looked at the flow chart and maybe I am just stuck on stupid but not getting it.

eclectic so what you are saying is that any pistol grip below the action is based upon the horizontal plane and not the literal action of the firearm? Do you have any proof of this, not trying to be a pain just trying to get my ducks in a row and stay legal but improving the firearm based upon my needs and wanting to have documentation to back this up in case I get stopped (been a ton of random stops in my AO).

Bug Splat
10-08-2012, 1:54 PM
Sadly no, the grip is still below the trigger line. Any pistol style grip below this line is illegal. The web of your hand must not be able to grip below this line.

http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/DOJ-Pistol-Grip-Definition-Image.jpg