PDA

View Full Version : Advice on parts for my stripped lower AR build...

bishop2queen's6
10-07-2012, 5:40 PM
This is what I have planned out so far for my build:
Noveske Chainsaw Grade N4 stripped lower (Gen2)

RRA Lower Receiver Parts Kit w/ NM Two Stage Trigger .:Edit:. Possibly Geissele trigger.

Vltor EMOD MilSpec, complete stock assembly

Bullet Button

What am I missing for the lower? What parts should I change? am I g2g?

Edit: Purpose would be HD, plinking at the range, def. some run and gun, potential SHTF rifle. I want this to be a fairly high end build with high quality, high value parts. Think of pretentious on a budget. I am also building this over the period of 6 to 9 months. Slow, methodical, quality.

Arkangel
10-07-2012, 6:13 PM
What is your intended purpose? Long range work? Plinking? HD?

ExtremeX
10-07-2012, 6:19 PM
What is your intended purpose? Long range work? Plinking? HD?

+1

The RRA NM trigger is OK depending on what you plan on using it for. Many other triggers I would rather spend my money on… just depends on the applications.

Intimid8tor
10-07-2012, 6:26 PM
I would ditch the RRA NM and go with a Geissele trigger. There really is a world of difference. This is coming from a guy that wouldn't know a good trigger if it bit him and I could tell the difference.

bishop2queen's6
10-07-2012, 6:32 PM
I updated with a purpose. Please give name of alternative parts and why

ExtremeX
10-07-2012, 6:39 PM
I would ditch the RRA NM and go with a Geissele trigger. There really is a world of difference. This is coming from a guy that wouldn't know a good trigger if it bit him and I could tell the difference.

There is nothing wrong with the RRA 2 Stage NM trigger... Geissele has a large portfolio of triggers, and they are all suited to their respected application so just naming the brand is as useless as saying the OP should buy a car…

ExtremeX
10-07-2012, 6:46 PM
I updated with a purpose. Please give name of alternative parts and why

OP, I feel triggers are 100% personal preference… I have a preference towards 2 stage triggers, which is why I no longer have the Timney and JP kits.

I have a couple RRA 2 Stage triggers… along with a Geissele SSA, SD-E, High Speed DMR.

For a general purpose rifle… HD, plinking, fun, it’s hard to go wrong with the RA NM trigger is you want to save a few bucks. The next on the list if you can afford it is the SSA or SD-C. If you like 1 stage triggers, the JP trigger is fantastic. I like it over the Timney.

I use an SD-E in my RECCE rifle; it’s one of my favorite triggers.

In my target / precession AR, I use the High Speed DMR. It’s an adjustable trigger, but IMO it’s one of the best Geissele has to offer.

If it’s that important to you… you really need to spend a little time and see if you can try before you buy.