PDA

View Full Version : XCR or 556?

Diabolus
07-09-2007, 6:38 PM
I am in the market for a new rifle and I can't decide between an XCR or a 556. I was at Ade's today and he had an XCR for sale; it looks like a high-quality rifle and it felt great holding it. The only problem is that it was sitting near an M96 and it brings back bad memories.

Have any of you had a chance to shoot either of these firearms and could give me some advice? I actually met someone at the shop who was waiting for a new 556 and we exchanged numbers, but I may never get a chance to shoot either of these and I might have to purchase one based on user revews.

I don't want this to turn into a huge debate, I have read countless reviews on AR15 and the Sigforums but I want some personal advice/experiences from members on this forum.

Thx

leelaw
07-09-2007, 9:35 PM
Get both! :D

The 556 is an awesome shooter, and costs less originally, but may come up about even if you want to get it close to a 551 style rifle.

bwiese
07-09-2007, 11:16 PM
If you're looking for a nonAR/nonAK/nonFAL rifle, the Sig 556 would be interesting.

And you know Sig will be around with parts & support. Robinson Arms? Who knows...

jdberger
07-10-2007, 1:18 AM
I had a chance to shoot leelaw's 556 at the Shoot-n-Q. Best factory trigger I've ever felt. Freakin' amazing. I can't speak for the XCR, it sure looks neat, but that 556's trigger sold me.

Diabolus
07-10-2007, 6:12 AM
If you're looking for a nonAR/nonAK/nonFAL rifle, the Sig 556 would be interesting.

And you know Sig will be around with parts & support. Robinson Arms? Who knows...

That's my dilemma... Sig will always be around!

I guess it's time to start saving up.

1SGMAT
07-10-2007, 6:27 AM
At gunsite last year the one guy with an XCR had all kinds of problems. Not to down the platform but that is my only first hand experience with one.

tiger222
07-10-2007, 7:37 AM
I think it's wonderful we have a choice!!!

personally I like the look of the sig better - just can't warm up to the XCR. maybe I need to shoot one?

Diabolus
07-10-2007, 9:01 AM
I think it's wonderful we have a choice!!!

personally I like the look of the sig better - just can't warm up to the XCR. maybe I need to shoot one?

I felt the same way until I handled the XCR, it does feel good in the hands. The SIG 556 with the 551 shroud looks so good...