PDA

View Full Version : place to hunt jack rabbits

neomentat
07-08-2007, 9:47 PM
i'm looking for a place to hunt jack rabbits in socal, i'm in the OC/LA area and would like to go to the closest place. can someone tell me some spots that are not too far away? thanks

caduckgunner
07-08-2007, 9:55 PM
I would think the high-desert. I don't think you can discharge firearms in Riverside county except for Wildlife refuges. You could try San Jacinto Wildlife Area, just east of Lake Perris. Our come up to the Victor Valley, you can shoot shotguns anywhere outside of city Limits.

xYourLocalAR15x
07-19-2007, 2:15 AM
california city

gunrun45
07-19-2007, 5:03 AM
If you were near Sacramento I would say, find a farmer and have fun. They eat all the crops up here and they kill them like crazy. We still hit them with our cars almost every night though there are so many of them.

They're like the gofer of the night! :batman::ninja:

joel1316
07-19-2007, 7:54 AM
They are literaly a blast to shoot! Walk the fields with a shotgun and be ready for anything.

jdberger
07-19-2007, 8:02 AM
What do you do with the carcasses?

rksimple
07-19-2007, 9:33 AM
california city

+1. I go out to Jawbone a lot and there are plenty of rabbits everywhere. Almost any place you go out in the desert on those dirt roads you'll be legal to shoot and find plenty of "targets."

joel1316
07-19-2007, 10:12 AM
leave them for coyotes to eat. thats the "circle of life" LOL

Crows like them too....

CalNRA
07-20-2007, 1:58 AM
If you were near Sacramento I would say, find a farmer and have fun. They eat all the crops up here and they kill them like crazy. We still hit them with our cars almost every night though there are so many of them.

They're like the gofer of the night! :batman::ninja:

what if we don't know any farmers? do we just know on their door and say, "hi, we are a bunch of gun owners here to volunteer to shoot some pests?"

westcoastr
09-07-2007, 7:16 AM
drive any dirt road on public land in a scrub desert area the few hours around dawn and dusk and you will see tons of 'em. after you start to see alot, pick a little hill as a vantage point and have fun!

Westcoastr