PDA

View Full Version : help quickly

VAHEVAHE
07-08-2007, 8:45 PM
How to remove regual ar-15 handgaurd

ghost
07-08-2007, 8:47 PM
pull the delta ring down towards the receiver and at the same time take them off one at a time.

AJAX22
07-08-2007, 8:48 PM
pull the delta ring back towards the upper receiver, once it is far enough back, you can seperate the two halvs and remove it.

the delta ring assembly will be under quite a bit of tension, they do have a tool for this IIRC, however I've always just used my hands.

*edit* ghost beat me to it ;)

VAHEVAHE
07-08-2007, 8:52 PM
yay thanks guys :D, u saved me :) i cant remove the bottom one thought its giving me a hard time , lol, im still trying

Jicko
07-08-2007, 8:53 PM
Man.... read my "tips" post!! I've posted a link to the M16/AR15 operator's manual.... ANYONE who have an AR15 should go read that!! Seriously.....

Millions-Knives
07-08-2007, 10:12 PM
This could be easier with the help of a buddy too, putting it back could be a little more difficult...

1064chubbs
07-09-2007, 12:48 PM
dont mean to steal a thread :D but do any of you know how to remove ak handguards?

Lateralus
07-09-2007, 1:00 PM
first rotate the latch on the gas block to an upwards position. when in place, the top handguard will lift up easily.

then look at the barrel end of the lower HG. there is a little latch; rotate it towards the muzzle. The metal retainer will now move. Just give it a little love-nudge towards the muzzle and it will move forward enough to get it off

*NOTE* The cleaning rod must be out to remove the lower HG

xenophobe
07-09-2007, 9:20 PM
first rotate the latch on the gas block to an upwards position. when in place, the top handguard will lift up easily.

then look at the barrel end of the lower HG. there is a little latch; rotate it towards the muzzle. The metal retainer will now move. Just give it a little love-nudge towards the muzzle and it will move forward enough to get it off

*NOTE* The cleaning rod must be out to remove the lower HG

You forgot to mention that you need to remove the dust cover, the recoil spring and the bolt carrier before the top handguard will come off. ;)

Lateralus
07-09-2007, 9:51 PM
You forgot to mention that you need to remove the dust cover, the recoil spring and the bolt carrier before the top handguard will come off. ;)

lol, this is true:D

i only really added that last part casue i could see some bad things happening lol

Solidsnake87
07-09-2007, 10:01 PM
deleted

oaklander
07-09-2007, 10:46 PM

You *can* remove the top handguard without removing the gas piston. It just requires superhuman strength, and will result in many broken parts.

:D