PDA

View Full Version : bolt action .22lr

63 tango
07-08-2007, 3:49 PM
i want to get a bolt action .22lr and i like the remington model 504. im going to use it for competative shooting and plinking. does anyone have one of these and what do you think of it? thanks

SamIAm
07-08-2007, 4:03 PM
It's a really, really sweet rifle. I've got a Leupold rimfire scope mounted on it and it shoots like a dream. I use it mostly for plinking (overkill, I know). But it's a fun rifle.

63 tango
07-08-2007, 9:55 PM
It's a really, really sweet rifle. I've got a Leupold rimfire scope mounted on it and it shoots like a dream. I use it mostly for plinking (overkill, I know). But it's a fun rifle. do you have the standard barrel or the heavy barrel? is your scope a 4x? mine will mostly be for plinking, but also some competition. thanks for the input.

SamIAm
07-08-2007, 10:19 PM
do you have the standard barrel or the heavy barrel? is your scope a 4x? mine will mostly be for plinking, but also some competition. thanks for the input.

I have the standard barrel. And a Vari-X 2-7x RF Special scope.

bruce_ventura
07-08-2007, 10:40 PM
63tango,

In case you didn't know Savage and CZ make decent bolt action .22s. I didn't like the way the CZ bolt handle rubbed against my trigger finger. I ended up with the Savage Mark II-FVT, because it has fully adjustable iron sights. The Accu-trigger is nice plus on a rifle in that price range.

So far I'm happy with it - for the price. The receiver had lots of metal shavings when it came out of the box. The rear sight adjustments are pretty stiff. An Anschutz its not.

I'm interested in short-range silhouette shooting. The bull-barrel and plastic stock make the rifle front heavy. The plastic buttstock is hollow and can be filled with weights to balance the rifle, however.

Bruce

63 tango
07-09-2007, 9:10 PM
63tango,

In case you didn't know Savage and CZ make decent bolt action .22s. I didn't like the way the CZ bolt handle rubbed against my trigger finger. I ended up with the Savage Mark II-FVT, because it has fully adjustable iron sights. The Accu-trigger is nice plus on a rifle in that price range.

So far I'm happy with it - for the price. The receiver had lots of metal shavings when it came out of the box. The rear sight adjustments are pretty stiff. An Anschutz its not.

I'm interested in short-range silhouette shooting. The bull-barrel and plastic stock make the rifle front heavy. The plastic buttstock is hollow and can be filled with weights to balance the rifle, however.

Brucethanks. i`ll take a look at them.