PDA

View Full Version : Cannon Safes are manufactured in...

misin4mati0n
10-04-2012, 11:44 AM
I am in the market for a new safe to protect my ever expanding gun collection. I have been really considering a Cannon safe due to the price, warranty and reviews I have read. My one big dilemma is that I want to not only buy from an American company; I want to buy an American made product as well. I did a whole lot of searching online to try and find out were Cannon manufactured their safes. The best I could find was “Mexico, China and the US”. So I finally just called and spoke to the sales department like I should have done in the first place. Here is what I was told.

Scout, Armory, Cannon and Commander Series safes (excluding Big Box store models) are made in the USA

Patriot, Jim Shockey and Home Guard Series safes are made in China.

All the safes from Big Box stores (Costso, Tractor supply, etc.) are made in Mexico.

Hope this helps any perspective buyers.

Bug Guy
10-04-2012, 4:27 PM
I am in the market for a new safe to protect my ever expanding gun collection. I have been really considering a Cannon safe due to the price, warranty and reviews I have read. My one big dilemma is that I want to not only buy from an American company; I want to buy an American made product as well. I did a whole lot of searching online to try and find out were Cannon manufactured their safes. The best I could find was “Mexico, China and the US”. So I finally just called and spoke to the sales department like I should have done in the first place. Here is what I was told.

Scout, Armory, Cannon and Commander Series safes (excluding Big Box store models) are made in the USA

Patriot, Jim Shockey and Home Guard Series safes are made in China.

All the safes from Big Box stores (Costso, Tractor supply, etc.) are made in Mexico.

Hope this helps any perspective buyers.

not quite true....costco does sell the armory series and its made in San Bernardino CA ;)

dave1947
10-04-2012, 6:12 PM
Got up a canon ca23 at the del mar gun show last week for $998 plus tax and 135 delivery . delivered today. love the warranty too

misin4mati0n
10-05-2012, 7:35 AM
not quite true....costco does sell the armory series and its made in San Bernardino CA ;)

If thats the case AWESOME ill keep an eye out for one.

Florida
03-30-2013, 7:08 PM
Dear gun friend. Thank you for posting the tips. I am looking for some advice on safes. I was told that a jewelry safe is more secure than a gun safe. Do you have any insight on this? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!
Fl

xibunkrlilkidsx
03-30-2013, 8:14 PM
Dear gun friend. Thank you for posting the tips. I am looking for some advice on safes. I was told that a jewelry safe is more secure than a gun safe. Do you have any insight on this? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!
Fl
It all comes down to the Ul rating.

typical "jewelry safes" are small extrememly heavy safes that are a minuimum of a TL15 rated burglary safe. To find a large enough "jewelry" safe can be quite expensive to buy and move. You can find some great steals out there if you look hard enough on craigslist or pay attention when driving around to jewelry/cash for gold type stores closing.

Most guns safes with have a residential security container listing, which is the bare minumum 5 minute net working time on the door.

I am a safe/vault tech and a dealer for Amsec safes.