PDA

View Full Version : AK 47 Bolt Hold Open feature

Diablo
07-08-2007, 10:41 AM
You guys need to check out this link. It shows how to fix your AK mags to have the "Bolt Hold Open" feature in your magazines as well as the safety lever. You don't have to buy the chinese followers; grinding off the front of the existing followers also works. This works great when you want the bolt to stay open so you'll know when you've fired the last round...:cool:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=55&t=84152&page=1&#-1

PanzerAce
07-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Personally, I have some BHO mags, and I don't like them as much as my other mags. Maybe it is just because I have a regular safety lever, but I find myself leaving the BHOs at home these days when I go to the range.

Lateralus
07-08-2007, 12:29 PM
i have a mag that is BHO, and i hate it. It is a US 10 rounder, and the follower is too short, it rams it sideways in the body every time. I may try this on a 30 rdr, but dont do it on a 10.

on a lighter note, the selector switch method works great, reasting it on the hammer is a little risky:)

i now keep bandaids with me at all times:p

PanzerAce
07-08-2007, 3:19 PM
it works just fine with 30s, but without a BHO selector, it will slam forward the instant you remove the mag (it makes that slightly harder as well).