PDA

View Full Version : Just a heads up on Gunbroker...

A60P
07-07-2007, 5:09 PM
several SA M1A Scouts for sale. Haven't seen this many for sale in a long time, both synthetic and wood stocks listed. I thought I remembered someone here looking for one a while ago. Just passing on the info...:D

tom_92673
07-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Has anyone else had an experience where someone refuses to accept bids from CA buyers? I had a guy freak out on me because I bid on his rifle. It clearly stated no CA buyers, but the auction was almost over so I decided to bid on it and he absolutely freaked and gave me an F rating.

Beatone
07-08-2007, 5:58 AM
I alway check with the seller first to see if he will ship to Ca. Some have no problem if a FFL is willing to accept the transfer while others freak out as you say. Ca weird gun laws turn some seller off. Even when it's legal. :mad:

colossians323
07-08-2007, 8:21 AM
Has anyone else had an experience where someone refuses to accept bids from CA buyers? I had a guy freak out on me because I bid on his rifle. It clearly stated no CA buyers, but the auction was almost over so I decided to bid on it and he absolutely freaked and gave me an F rating.

If they specifically state in there auction that they won't sell or ship to Cali, I avoid that auction.
Most of the guys that say that are rabidly ant-California, and think that we are the problem of America.

tom_92673
07-08-2007, 8:58 AM
Yup, well lesson learned. I shouldn't have bid, but next time it won't happen.

Josh3239
07-08-2007, 11:16 AM
I just picked up a PSL from there. I contacted the seller first and explained SB23, banned receivers, etc and told him if he had any question about the laws to come here. He replied that he'd agreed to ship it to my FFL featurless.

I think the biggest problem is that gun owners have to jump through so many hoops that most out of state sellers don't want to even bother. If you explain everything I'll bet we'll see more people jumping through those hoops.