PDA

View Full Version : Cannon safe - Warranty / Customer service

harley66
10-02-2012, 12:03 PM
I have two Cannon Safes..

Cannon series
&
Patroit series

Both good safes - Cannon series looks like Fine furniture - with bull nose corners..

anyway.. that safe was bought in 2003 - I called yesterday to talk about the touch pad and told them that twice now, it would not open... we talked for a min and he ask, what I had done to try to fix the issue.. could be just me or keypad is talking to me?? only twice..

New battery - check contacts with battery - touched the number s-l-o-w.

in a flash - He offered to send me a New elect keypad lock - parts are under lifetime warranty - he also said, that I should be able to swap them out and if I had a question, to call tech support for help.

This safe is right at 10 years old and Cannon customer service was great. Free replacement touch pad without any hassel.

Bottom line - when buying a safe - read the small print on warranty.

Cannon parts - lifetime (in home open/service on non working lock is one year) parts are for life time.

if any keypad starts to Not open the safe and its not you - look at replacing it...

read the small print below and compare that to any other company you want to buy from, then make your choice.

http://www.cannonsafe.com/warranty.html

Bug Guy
10-02-2012, 9:08 PM
just bought a cannon also...best warranty in the BIZZ

dave1947
10-03-2012, 8:46 AM
I'm getting my canon ca23 delivered tommorrow.yeah

jcwliu
10-03-2012, 9:15 AM
I had the same problem with my seven years old safe. Called twice, first time told to change battery, check contacts .....etc. Second time, was told a new lock will be mailed out to me. It has been more than two weeks, and I am still waiting. Will call them next week, just to make sure it was not lost by the USPS. Great customer service so far.

NytWolf
10-03-2012, 9:28 AM
There was a recall on a model of S&G locks that was installed on certain safe models of different brands. If you call the manufacturer or the place of purchase, they should be able to get you a replacement lock.