PDA

View Full Version : Can I buy a Bolt Catch Buffer in OC?

costayoung
07-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Just got my order by Fedex today, my Stag lower parts kit came minus one bolt catch buffer.

Is there anywhere down here close to Costa Mesa that would sell that piece separately? I'm really looking forward to completing my first AR build this weekend.

Technical Ted
07-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Bolt catch buffer? You mean Bolt Catch Plunger?

Look carefully in all the nooks and crannies of the bigger pieces. It may be inside the Buffer Detent or the pistol grip.

costayoung
07-06-2007, 11:14 PM
I was thinking along the same lines earlier so I took a flashlight and checked out all the parts in detail, no dice.

It was a little weird, this kit came with a couple extra parts (trigger guard, bolt catch). I emailed the vendor, but I'd just as soon take care of this tomorrow.

tom_92673
07-06-2007, 11:56 PM
I'd try RifleGear.com

I know from personal experience that some times he has stuff in stock and his company is based out of Newport Coast. No guarantees, but it might be worth a call. Great company to work with by the way.

Otherwise, if you want to drive out to Duarte, or try calling Gunrunners out there, they usually have parts kits. I don't have any idea if they break them up or would be willing to.

costayoung
07-07-2007, 4:13 PM
Well, if anyone else ever has the same question, Ammo Bros. in Cerritos was able to get me the piece. Pretty cool shop, btw.

jthai
07-08-2007, 2:46 AM
I was going to recommend the same place. I was there on the 7th as well :)

supersonic
07-08-2007, 4:52 AM
I have several in my "bag-o-AR-parts," but I live in NorKal, and I can't throw that far anymore.:leaving:
S>s>