PDA

View Full Version : Range near Santa Clarita that allows cans/fruit/etc?

kperry
07-05-2007, 3:27 PM
Hi all- I'm looking to teach my 12 year old stepdaughter (and her mom) how to shoot, and am looking for an outdoor range that would let me set up some cans/fruit etc. for them to plink at with a Walther P22 (to start with, anyhow). Is Burro Canyon the closest range that will allow this? I've found that it's a lot more fun, at least to start, than shooting at paper targets. Failing that, what's the closest reasonable BLM desert where people go to shoot? My dad taught me in the desert outside Tucson, but there are a hell of a lot more people out there now than there were then, too.

repete34
07-05-2007, 3:49 PM
Desert Marksman would allow it if you were a member AND you took your trash with you. You can get a membership at www.dmrpc.org and see locations to P/U memberships.

kperry
07-05-2007, 4:17 PM
Thanks for the location!
Cleaning up after myself is a given, I do, however, realize - that I (and most of the other folks around here - I've been lurking a bit) am NOT your average yahoo... I actually understand the concept of consideration for others.

Sheldon
07-15-2007, 5:03 AM
The Oak Tree Gun Club is in Newhall and their pistol range is all reactive targets and steel plates. They even have a resetable falling plate rack station as well as a few rotating drop targets like a shooting gallery. They don't normally let you shoot rifles there, but with my young sons they allowed them to use their scoped Ruger 10-22 rifles. My kids had fun there without the hassle of taking fruit.
http://www.oaktreegunclub.com/OaktreeGunClub.com/shooting.html#pistol