PDA

View Full Version : Independence 9mm ammo

MIAMIbaseballer
09-27-2012, 6:51 PM
So I ordered some 9mm ammo from Palmetto State Armory that was on special. I finally receive it a couple week after I ordered it. I open the first box and 4 rds are way too short and 2 rds are too long. I open the next box and the same thing. The next 3 boxes seem to have rd that are too long even with my naked eye. Sure wish I had a caliper in FL. This ammo is not safe to shoot and im not measuring 500 rds. So I contacted PSA and we'll see what they say......

I have a private outdoor range rented for the day and now this is gonna cost a lot more money to have to buy ammo from the range for 14-15 a box. I sure hope PSA will take care of this in a VERY satisfactory manner.

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l460/dingusen2/ammo1.jpg

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l460/dingusen2/ammo1.jpg

jonc
09-27-2012, 7:02 PM
that sucks

Palmetto State Armory
09-28-2012, 12:56 PM
You should receive information from CS before the end of the business day. I'm not sure what happened to that ammunition to damage it in that way, but I apologize for the inconvenience it has caused.

mitchg233
09-28-2012, 12:58 PM
Reloads?

New stuff is too cheap to mess with reloads.

Palmetto State Armory
09-28-2012, 2:02 PM
Reloads?

Independence is an ATK product. The ammo is new production and made in the USA.

MIAMIbaseballer
09-29-2012, 1:02 PM
Well your company (Nicole Kone) emailed me back and told me to deal with the manufacturer. Is that how PSA's customer service works? I buy from you and then deal with someone else when it's defective? I emailed Nicole back very politely, so lets see how PSA handles this small issue and how far your company wants this to go.......

Steve G
09-29-2012, 1:31 PM
OP hopefully you charged the total on Amex. They will sort you out in short order.

MIAMIbaseballer
09-29-2012, 2:17 PM
OP hopefully you charged the total on Amex. They will sort you out in short order.

yep, hit the nail on the head BUT.... I would like to give PSA a chance to take care of its customers and compensate my increased ammo cost @ $15+ a box this weekend and my time for this small issue that's evolving into a much larger one. I'll publicly keep everyone updated on the multiple forums I'm a member of..... Let's see what kind of company they are!!!

nssurge
09-30-2012, 7:28 PM
If you bought this ammo at your lgs, they would tell you the same thing. Why are you threatening them when it's impossible for PSA to inspect every box of ammo they sell? I find it to be pretty absurd you expect some sort of compensation for overpriced ammo YOU CHOSE to buy. Suck it up and contact Independence.

Steve G
09-30-2012, 8:29 PM
yep, hit the nail on the head BUT.... I would like to give PSA a chance to take care of its customers and compensate my increased ammo cost @ $15+ a box this weekend and my time for this small issue that's evolving into a much larger one. I'll publicly keep everyone updated on the multiple forums I'm a member of..... Let's see what kind of company they are!!!

So you want more than your money back? :confused:

09-30-2012, 9:48 PM
If you bought this ammo at your lgs, they would tell you the same thing. Why are you threatening them when it's impossible for PSA to inspect every box of ammo they sell? I find it to be pretty absurd you expect some sort of compensation for overpriced ammo YOU CHOSE to buy. Suck it up and contact Independence.

Thatís hilarious. Let me see how this works...

Customer: I purchased this Sony flat panel yesterday and I opened the box and itís dead - doesnít work.

Retailer: Hey, YOU CHOSE to buy this overpriced TV. You canít expect us to open each box and check them. Suck it up pal and contact Sony.

Brilliant sense of business!

Oh, but there is a bit of difference. That TV canít create a catastrophic failure in your hands due to excessive pressure of a deep seated bullet. But Iím sure your solution to a disfiguring injury would be, ďsuck it upĒ.

nssurge
09-30-2012, 10:22 PM
That’s hilarious. Let me see how this works...

Customer: I purchased this Sony flat panel yesterday and I opened the box and it’s dead - doesn’t work.

Retailer: Hey, YOU CHOSE to buy this overpriced TV. You can’t expect us to open each box and check them. Suck it up pal and contact Sony.

Brilliant sense of business!

Oh, but there is a bit of difference. That TV can’t create a catastrophic failure in your hands due to excessive pressure of a deep seated bullet. But I’m sure your solution to a disfiguring injury would be, “suck it up”.

Hey op, did you make an account right now to back yourself up? Haha.

Try getting Walmart to compensate you for the overpriced TV you bought at Best Buy because your Visio crapped out on Superbowl sunday.

You buy cheap commercial ammo at your own risk, there are no returns and PSA is not responsible for the QC. I'm willing to be Independence will make it right, where PSA would likely end up taking a loss.

09-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Try getting Walmart to compensate you for the overpriced TV you bought at Best Buy because your Visio crapped out on Superbowl sunday.
Thereís not much I can say to the inapplicable absurdity of your analogy that any reader can see for themselves.

You buy cheap commercial ammo at your own risk...
More brilliance...

Put your tinfoil hat away. You sense of conspiracy theories are as well thought out as your sense of business.

Kestryll
09-30-2012, 11:31 PM
Hmm.. 2 accounts logging in from Florida in the same thread taking the same stance...

I wonder what that could mean?

MIAMIbaseballer
10-01-2012, 5:30 AM

I wish I had bought from the lgs because the owner would have taken care of this issue for me like it should be handled. I don't expect PSA to inspect every box, but I do expect better customer service.

You buy cheap commercial ammo at your own risk, there are no returns and PSA is not responsible for the QC. I'm willing to be Independence will make it right, where PSA would likely end up taking a loss.

No why you think that... no need to make "an account to back myself up".... it's a very straight forward issue that can be resolved very easily.....

Umm actually you don't buy at your own risk. That's why these large companies have big insurance policies!

Hmm.. 2 accounts logging in from Florida in the same thread taking the same stance...

I wonder what that could mean?

hmm.... what's that mean?... someone else on here cannot be from FL.... This is not a persuasive issue, it's very straight forward. I don't need any help with this. I'm just informing others of how PSA conducts business when you receive a defective product....

Palmetto State Armory
10-01-2012, 6:47 AM
Well your company (Nicole Kone) emailed me back and told me to deal with the manufacturer. Is that how PSA's customer service works? I buy from you and then deal with someone else when it's defective? I emailed Nicole back very politely, so lets see how PSA handles this small issue and how far your company wants this to go.......

We don't warranty items that we do not manufacture (top of our T&C page). Most of the products we sell are sealed or in a box that make it difficult to inspect every item we sell. We do not knowingly sell defective items, but it does unfortunately occasionally happen. However, we will do everything possible to assist you in getting in contact with the manufacturer of the product.

MIAMIbaseballer
10-01-2012, 6:53 AM
We don't warranty items that we do not manufacture (top of our T&C page). Most of the products we sell are sealed or in a box that make it difficult to inspect every item we sell. We do not knowingly sell defective items, but it does unfortunately occasionally happen. However, we will do everything possible to assist you in getting in contact with the manufacturer of the product.

Ok that is fine.... I don't expect PSA to inspect every item. That's all I wanted was for you to resolve it or help me resolve it with the manufacturer. So I've contacted the manufacturer and heard nothing. I know your company can get in touch with Federal much faster than I can.......

MIAMIbaseballer
10-02-2012, 7:03 AM
Finally got in touch with the manufacturer..... Not sure if you had something to do with it, but if you did, thank you!

MIAMIbaseballer
10-09-2012, 2:07 PM
Well first order with PSA resolved by a very generous coupon code. Manufacturer blamed it on PSA and shipping company anyway. So I got screwed there. So I make my next order, received it last week and my $40 a box of 20 10mm rds are defective and my 15 boxes of 45 are destroyed in the box with rounds everywhere. First 2 orders from PSA and both defective. Nicole said she would take care of the ammo.... We'll see.....