PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Zombie Shoot -SOLD OUT - Nov 3rd - brought to you by CGSSA

Pages : [1] 2

pennys dad
09-24-2012, 8:18 PM
Sign Up to Help Fight the Zombie Horde - Tactical Zombie Shoot - Nov 3rd (http://tacticalzombieshoot.eventbrite.com/)

ZOMBIE Outbreak Control Center (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=624204)

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq46/jacobrascon/Publication1.jpg
CDC SPECIAL NEWS BREAK - brought to you by CALGUNS.Net/CGSSA, Shield Tactical, Turners Outdoorsman, Zombie Industries, CRPA

strokesdmb
09-24-2012, 8:21 PM
Its about time

sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE using Tapatalk

pennys dad
09-24-2012, 8:51 PM
Good Morning Everyone

I meant to post this last night but I was distracted by work.
Yes we are capped at 150 shooters.
With 150 shooters, 50 volunteers, a team of 20 plus, our vendors and there addons we will have approximately 250 people onsite.
I chose this number to be the best "Safest" number to manage. This is a night shoot and it posses a very unique set of Safety related circumstances we must over come.
If this was a day shoot, we would FILL Burrow to Capacity ;-)
250 people is a very fine number to hold at.

So, yes I capped it. Sorry for the late communication, I will do a better job next time.

Thank You Everyone, we have sold out! This is very Awesome.
For those who purchased tickets, if you did not purchase a shirt or food and would like, we will be holding that option open until Monday.
I know there are a few questions and we will answer them as they come.

Special Target Note:
- Zombie Industries "Will Be OnSite with Targets and Zombies and Stuff - Bring Cash - They will be discounted"

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq46/jacobrascon/Publication1.jpg
Rule's and Expectations

EXPECT: If you place something out in the Fire Zone EXPECT it to be DESTROYED!
Fire Season RESTRICTIONS: NO Steel Targets, NO Steel Core Ammo, NO Steel AMMO, NO Explosives
----------------- WE WILL BE CHECKING AMMO ALL NIGHT --------------------------------------

Fee’s:
- $15 per person paid to Check In table at rifle line
- $5 per target frame if you purchase a Burro Range target frame “No Refund”
- $9 for Taco Plate
- $5 for Outbreak Range
- $15 for Tactical Zombie Shoot T-Shirt
Times:
- Start time – We will officially open at 5pm, YOU Can check in start at 4pm
- End time – We will close the line at 10pm
- Check In @ Public Rifle Range
- We will walk the line after the line is closed for the night and clean up
- Registration Ends at 7pm “NO New Shooters after 7pm”

Safety Rules:
- There will be a Safety Briefing before the Range goes live
- If possible we will all be on the same line
- Absolutely NO Intoxicants of any sort Allowed. “NO DRINKING”
- Clear line when Cease Fire is called, all firearms must be Unloaded, Safeties On
- Clear all firearms before shooters go down range
- All firearms must be unloaded
- The entire line will remain cold until Range RSO Indicates “Ready to Fire”

- Each Shooter going downrange will need to wear a Safety Vest, No Exceptions
Home Depot Examples (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZc2dy/h_d2/Navigation?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053)
- All shooters not going down range must remain behind the shooting line and away from the benches during the cease fire
- Red Glow sticks will be considered a “Cease Fire” Color
- For downrange targets use any color other than RED or Orange otherwise the line will never go hot

Targets:
- Bring your Own Targets – REMEMBER, “This is a NIGHT SHOOT and Burro Canyon does not provide any light source so come prepared
- I suggest Industrial strength glow sticks and such
- One neat idea was plastic water bottles with a glow stick inside
- I will be stapling glow sticks onto my targets
- We Will Follow All Burro Canyon Target Rules and Regulations go to their webpage
http://www.burrocanyon.com/faqs.shtml

AndrewMendez
09-24-2012, 9:00 PM
place holder

mrlonewolf
09-24-2012, 9:01 PM
I hate Zombies....!!!

Place holder.

ldivinag
09-24-2012, 9:19 PM
why is the date on the upper left say "2014"???? ;)

pennys dad
09-24-2012, 9:24 PM

Ummm Zombies cant tell dates.

AndrewMendez
09-24-2012, 9:25 PM

Damn that CDC! Always messing things up. I swear it's like a bunch of CalGunners put this together. ;)

PsychoTrucker
09-24-2012, 9:33 PM
lol

jedininja
09-24-2012, 9:35 PM
2014 is when the CDC will release the zombie virus.

Mp5marley
09-24-2012, 11:09 PM
So going. Walking dead baby!

Poke_Monster
09-25-2012, 5:35 AM
O yeah, its on, tickets have been bought, w00t

fouber
09-25-2012, 6:34 AM
=^..^=

defcon
09-25-2012, 7:20 AM
will the shop still be open to buy ammo between 4pm-11pm? ive never been there.

defcon
09-25-2012, 7:23 AM
how do we identify who's a calgun or non calgun at the event?

nicki
09-25-2012, 9:49 AM
Here is something that caught my attention, it will be dark by 8pm, so we will get some night shooting in.

That is something most of us don't get to do often. That alone would be good enough for me to go, my issue is potential work schedule conflicts.

Travel from San Jose is roughly 400 miles, so it is roughly a 5 to 6.5 hour drive each way. If I could find one, preferably two people who would be interested, we could actually keep the travel costs down.

Many new cars get 30 hwy. They can be rented for 40 dollars for 24 hours, gas would be 26 gallons, so that would be roughly another 120 dollars.

We could get down for roughly 160/3 or 55 dollars per person.

For hardcores, we could leave Sat morning say 9ish, do the shoot, then head back same night. That would get us back to SF bay area by 5 to 6 am.

Like I said, this is for the "hardcore NORCAL" calgunners.

Nicki

pennys dad
09-25-2012, 10:10 AM

We are checking into this, we may have an interesting option available

FastFinger
09-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Here is something that caught my attention, it will be dark by 8pm, so we will get some night shooting in.

That is something most of us don't get to do often. That alone would be good enough for me to go, my issue is potential work schedule conflicts.

Night shoots are a different animal than day shoots. If you've never experienced a night shoot - go! It's fun recreational, but it's very beneficial in case you ever have a self defense in the dark.

BTW - The official sunset time is 5:59pm, Burro is up in the hills, in a canyon, so it will be dark real soon after 5:59 - and well before 8pm.

http://i.imgur.com/lvPti.gif (http://tacticalzombieshoot.eventbrite.com/)

Paper Boy
09-25-2012, 10:18 AM
So in if my work schedual allows it.... Going to start begging now....

Ricky-Ray
09-25-2012, 10:45 AM

Burro's main office will be open till at least 5pm. Not sure if they will remain open afterwards or not. Best bet is to get ammo before you go. There's still time. :)

Ricky-Ray
09-25-2012, 10:49 AM
how do we identify who's a calgun or non calgun at the event?

Pretty simple. If your there after 5pm your part of the Calugn's Zombie event. Burro closes at 5pm to the general public. Since our event will go past that time you could say we have the whole place to ourselves, unfortunatley we won't be able to light up the entire place.

Plus everyone that registers will be wearing a wristband and those will be handed out when you checkin. Whether everyone is a calgunner or not is a different story as some will bring friends, family members, significant others, etc.

defcon
09-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Burro's main office will be open till at least 5pm. Not sure if they will remain open afterwards or not. Best bet is to get ammo before you go. There's still time. :)

oh yea ill definitely bring my own ammo before i go. i just wanted to know just in case one of you guys allow me to do a mag dump on one of your rifles. i can buy ammo for it.

Ricky-Ray
09-25-2012, 11:35 AM
oh yea ill definitely bring my own ammo before i go. i just wanted to know just in case one of you guys allow me to do a mag dump on one of your rifles. i can buy ammo for it.

Mag dump on one of your modded 22's??? I'll bring a brick for you if I can get in a few of those with your modded 22's. :43:

defcon
09-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Mag dump on one of your modded 22's??? I'll bring a brick for you if I can get in a few of those with your modded 22's. :43:

sure.

feel free to shoot my .22 M200 and .22 M82 standing up. hehe its hilarious. you can try dual wielding it. its 14-16 lbs a piece

just bought four .22LR Marlin Model 60 tube fed

hopefully i can finish a .22 FS2000, .22 AUG, .22 TAR21, .22 P90, .22 MG42 parts kit

MultiMustacheMan
09-25-2012, 1:12 PM
Time to gear up boys!

flipdiver
09-25-2012, 1:27 PM
shaking in my boots!! I means slippahs

the86d
09-25-2012, 3:13 PM
Anything Zombie related will drive interests, and increase firearms sales along with ammo.

See Obama IS helping the economy, if by fear-factor alone, then who cares, it's working, and getting the institution-oppressed youth interested in firearms. :)

Love it!

Poke_Monster
09-25-2012, 3:33 PM
I am bring lots of ammo to have fun with, now just need time to move quicker. :)

pennys dad
09-25-2012, 4:27 PM

One of the CGSSA Leads is checking into having a vendor onsite for ammo sales

elfstone
09-25-2012, 9:35 PM
Is this the official sign up or just another talk about it thread?
It was my impression most of this event will be at night. Is there a close time to this?
Thanks
Me+2 if this is the sign in please. Thanks

FastFinger
09-25-2012, 9:45 PM
It was my impression most of this event will be at night. Is there a close time to this?
Thanks

Get yourself over to:

mrlonewolf
09-25-2012, 9:49 PM
Say, Can I shoot a bleeding zombie or +75 during this event??

Everybody knows that I hate zombies..!!!!

PLMK...LOL.

Ricky-Ray
09-25-2012, 9:56 PM
Thanks

Yes this is the official thread. At the very top click on the Sign me up link to register. Posting a "I'm there" or "sign me up" will not due.

Yes, this will be mostly a night event. We have secured lighting for this event.

danv1369
09-26-2012, 8:09 AM
Are we allowed to bring our own food? Are BBQs allowed?

Ricky-Ray
09-26-2012, 8:40 AM
Are we allowed to bring our own food? Are BBQs allowed?

Yes you are allowed to bring your own food. Only Propane BBQ's are allowed at Burro.

Wood/Charcol BBQ's are NOT ALLOWED at Burro.

defcon
09-26-2012, 8:42 AM
im ready

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6203/6098824634_3904954f85_o.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6088/6098277111_2bc645998a_o.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6188/6098824258_afc1eb504b_o.jpg

Barbarossa
09-26-2012, 8:45 AM
im ready

Everyone knows a shotgun is the best anti Zombie Weapon... :D

defcon
09-26-2012, 8:53 AM

yep im bringing my Saiga 12 too :D

Ricky-Ray
09-26-2012, 8:54 AM
im ready

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6203/6098824634_3904954f85_o.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6088/6098277111_2bc645998a_o.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6188/6098824258_afc1eb504b_o.jpg

Did James Bond move away from the Austin Martin???? :eek:

Very nice. I can't wait to try some of your modded 22's.

TheExiled
09-26-2012, 9:35 AM
Interested in the rules for the Outbreak Range.. rapid fire, multiple weapons on your person, use your own knife, etc

danv1369
09-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Interested in the rules for the Outbreak Range.. rapid fire, multiple weapons on your person, use your own knife, etc

A few of your questions are answered here
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=620333
Not sure why they closed the thread...

Sennasixty8
09-26-2012, 2:11 PM
Is anyone from the SF Bay area headed down?

I'm still a lil fuzzy with the need or no need for a signup?

My wife and I would love to attend, and have family in Ventura, so I need to know what the approx start/stop hours are etc..

Ricky-Ray
09-26-2012, 2:18 PM
Is anyone from the SF Bay area headed down?

I'm still a lil fuzzy with the need or no need for a signup?

My wife and I would love to attend, and have family in Ventura, so I need to know what the approx start/stop hours are etc..

Check with Calgunner niki, he posted up earlier in this thread (post #14) asking if anybody wants to carpool from San Jose area.

Yes, you will need to register for this event. It's limited to 300 people only.

Approx start/end time is 4pm till 11pm.

Kokak
09-26-2012, 3:11 PM
I have no idea what I am getting myself into, but I have registered and ready to see what happens.

I am assuming I need to bring my own targets and stands, since there will be some lighting provided?

Mp5marley
09-26-2012, 3:25 PM
Hey, I need to part # for that mount.. I am doing the same thing to my ride.. Where did you buy the mounts for that set up?

JackRydden224
09-26-2012, 3:27 PM
How do I sign up for this event?

Kokak
09-26-2012, 3:38 PM
Click on the link and pay the fees...

...LINK... (http://tacticalzombieshoot.eventbrite.com/)

Ricky-Ray
09-26-2012, 4:01 PM
I have no idea what I am getting myself into, but I have registered and ready to see what happens.

I am assuming I need to bring my own targets and stands, since there will be some lighting provided?

Yes, bring your own target's and stands. Burro will have target's for sale $5 each. Fruit's, veggies, melons, bowling pins make great targets too. We will have some target's place out on the firing line for everyone also.

Just remember, no metal targets are allowed at Burro, and this includes the target frame.

FastFinger
09-26-2012, 4:20 PM
How do I sign up for this event?

see sig info

Mp5marley
09-26-2012, 5:40 PM
Anyone order glow sticks? It would be cool to buy a whole bunch and break them into a water bottle

flipdiver
09-26-2012, 5:50 PM
All signed up and ready to go. For the zombie range, how many passes can you run through? Is it just one time run. With 300 people, is there enough targets to accommodate the number of people?

nicki
09-26-2012, 5:55 PM
To the brave NORCAL Calgunners, the real ones, not the posers and keyboard commandos.

The Zombie Zone is approximately 400 miles from our homes.

If we don't kill the ZOMBIES in LA, they will come to us, better to kill them while they are a SOCAL problem. Helping our SOCAL brothers in arms will set the stage that if we get ZOMBIE attacks up here, they will come help us.;)

Our duty is to quickly travel across Pacheco Pass, proceed rapidly down the I5 and through the "Grapevine" till we get to the I210.

We will have "refuel and driver changes" along the way so that when we arrive, we are sharp and ready to blast ZOMBIES.

We will muster at the San Jose Airport Car rental center, due to the high mileage of the event, we will not risk personal vehicles breaking down.

We will go with smaller, fast and fuel efficient vehicles so that way we can maintain a convoy speed of 70mph plus.:43:

With 2 to 3 persons per vehicle, non drivers can rest and we will have room for our gear.

This is a mission where we expect everyone to be "heavily armed". Remember, we can't just kill the Zombies, they are already dead, so head shots that blow the heads completely off are the only sure way to stop them.

We are in for a "massive firefight", so we need to bring a lot of ammunition because resupplies may not come.

This EPIC battle will be brutal, we will ATTACK at 4pm and blast everyone of those MF Zombies. The task will be tough, it will be a battle than will run into the night and many of us may have vision issues with the all the gun flashes that will be going off.

We just have to hold the Zombies off till 11pm, then our duty will be done. At that point we will make run back to the SF Bay area.

If you don't bring enough ammo, then you may be eaten or infected by the Zombies. Either of these would really ruin your day.

Guns can jam, so bring backups because this is not a time you want to find out you don't have a functioning gun.

I am bringing

2 ARS, one BB and one featureless and around 400 rounds of ammo.
2 12 guage shotguns and at least 100 rounds of ammo.
2 45 caliber pistols and at least 200 rounds of ammo.

I am ready to eliminate at least 100 Zombies and if we all pull together, we can be the 300 who made a stand just like the brave 300 Spartans who changed history.

The Spartans kicked the Persians ***. Our task is nothing compared to theirs.
Some of us may not make it out alive, and we will pay honor to our brothers and sisters who fall.

Unlike the "sheeple" who populate our state, we are not controlled by fear, we own our fear, that is why will win.

Failure is not an option, we are fighting for our homes, our families, our honor.
We are the Calguns Special Forces, we are the "Warriors".

We will end the ZOMBIE TYRANNY just like William Wallace ended English Tyranny. See clip below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLrrBs8JBQo

Okay, being a bit melodramatic, I was on a roll.
Come down and have a blast.

This will be an Epic 20 hours of your life, with us car sharing, we can get 2 to 4 hrs rest going to and from each way.

Car rentals will be around 40 to 50 dollars(I like full coverage) for the day, we get vehicles that get 30mpg plus, so at 800 miles, we will burn 26 to 30 gallons of fuel. Figure 120 to 140 for gas.

Trip costs for two people, roughly 80 dollars,
For 3, figure roughly 60 dollars.

Range fees, ammo, food and beverages , T shirts extra of course.
Memories and bonding we have with others, "PRICELESS".

Nicki

FastFinger
09-26-2012, 7:29 PM
This EPIC battle will be brutal, we will ATTACK at 4pm and blast everyone of those MF Zombies. The task will be tough, it will be a battle than will run into the night and many of us may have vision issues with the all the gun flashes that will be going off.

We just have to hold the Zombies off till 11pm, then our duty will be done. At that point we will make run back to the SF Bay area.

Nicki

Nicki:

Your willingness to go to such great lengths in service to your fellow Californians shows courage that is an inspiration to us all!

To commemorate your dedication and snappy attire ZORT Command has authorized that you, and any Bay Area Calgunners who accompany you to TZS 2012 will be awarded the "CGN Medal of ZORT" - the highest honor that can be bestowed on a California Gun Owner.

The medallion is a hefty 32mm in diameter and is secured to a brass split ring via tactical 550 paracord. The lanyard may be unraveled and used as survival cordage in SHTF situations. Each medallion is laser engraved with its own unique serial number.

http://i.imgur.com/88fin.jpg

If you do not transit to the TZS hostility zone at Burro Canyon for whatever reason, you'll just have to buy the ZORT Paracord Medallion like everyone else. Nothing personal.

Ricky-Ray
09-26-2012, 9:51 PM
To the brave NORCAL Calgunners, the real ones, not the posers and keyboard commandos.

If we don't kill the ZOMBIES in LA, they will come to us, better to kill them while they are a SOCAL problem. Helping our SOCAL brothers in arms will set the stage that if we get ZOMBIE attacks up here, they will come help us.;)

Our duty is to quickly travel across Pacheco Pass, proceed rapidly down the I5 and through the "Grapevine" till we get to the I210.

We will have "refuel and driver changes" along the way so that when we arrive, we are sharp and ready to blast ZOMBIES.

We will muster at the San Jose Airport Car rental center, due to the high mileage of the event, we will not risk personal vehicles breaking down.

We will go with smaller, fast and fuel efficient vehicles so that way we can maintain a convoy speed of 70mph plus.:43:

With 2 to 3 persons per vehicle, non drivers can rest and we will have room for our gear.

This is a mission where we expect everyone to be "heavily armed". Remember, we can't just kill the Zombies, they are already dead, so head shots that blow the heads completely off are the only sure way to stop them.

We are in for a "massive firefight", so we need to bring a lot of ammunition because resupplies may not come.

If you don't bring enough ammo, then you may be eaten or infected by the Zombies. Either of these would really ruin your day.

Guns can jam, so bring backups because this is not a time you want to find out you don't have a functioning gun.

I am bringing

I am ready to eliminate at least 100 Zombies and if we all pull together, we can be the 300 who made a stand just like the brave 300 Spartans who changed history.

Some of us may not make it out alive, and we will pay honor to our brothers and sisters who fall.

Unlike the "sheeple" who populate our state, we are not controlled by fear, we own our fear, that is why will win.

Failure is not an option, we are fighting for our homes, our families, our honor.

We will end the ZOMBIE TYRANNY just like William Wallace ended English Tyranny. See clip below.

This will be an Epic 20 hours of your life, with us car sharing, we can get 2 to 4 hrs rest going to and from each way.

Car rentals will be around 40 to 50 dollars(I like full coverage) for the day, we get vehicles that get 30mpg plus, so at 800 miles, we will burn 26 to 30 gallons of fuel. Figure 120 to 140 for gas.

Nicki

Best post I've ever read. Loved it. Makes me wanna jump in on the car ride but I'm already in SoCal. :)

Mp5marley
09-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Dang! I am only 20 miles away, no excuses for me. Any idea how many spots are left and if they are transferable if I can't make it?

nicki
09-27-2012, 1:22 AM
Guys, pics optional. I'm going on a plane flight here in 5 hours to Orlando to go to the SAF GRPC myself, so no pics from me.:mad:

Tell us what you are going to bring and what you are willing to let others try out, I bet we are going to have so many different guns, it will be BETTER than any gun show because here we can actually SHOOT the guns.

Anyway, the guns I plan on bringing myself.

1. AR 15 featureless, mine has the U 15 stock and I have pre-bans:p
2. AR 15 with BB:mad:, but it's a simple nice compact setup.
3. Benelli M2 shotgun with pistol grip
4. Rem 870 shotgun with pistol grip and standard stock.
5. Colt 45 pistol
6. Springfield operator, I put a light/laser on it
7. Raging bull 454, a hand cannon.

I may bring some other guns depending on my mood.

Point is, lets say 100 of us show up, I bet that we will have over 400 different guns to try out.

I'm bringing extra ammo so that I can try out other people's guns and all of you should do the same. Of course I would reccomend factory ammo for trying out other people's guns since many people don't trust unknown reloads.

Nicki

defcon
09-27-2012, 7:42 AM
1. .22LR M200 Cheytac Intervention
2. .22LR M82 Barrett
3. .22LR Vietnam M60 PIG
4. .22LR M249 SAW
5. .22LR ACR
6. .22LR Sig Sauer Blaser Tactical 2
7. .22LR FN FS2000
8. .22LR Steyr AUG
9. .22LR L85
10. .22LR TAR21
11. Saiga 12 (converted)

Ricky-Ray
09-27-2012, 1:22 PM
LA Police Gear has 6 inch glowsticks on closeout right now. 75 cents each.

Green, red, white, blue in stock as of this posting. Orange is backordered by 1-2 weeks.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/hmv-lightsticks.html

bigbully
09-27-2012, 4:29 PM
LA Police Gear has 6 inch glowsticks on closeout right now. 75 cents each.

Green, red, white, blue in stock as of this posting. Orange is backordered by 1-2 weeks.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/hmv-lightsticks.html

Probably cheaper to order bulk online.

I'm thinking maybe some 8" Lumistick Glowsticks Light Stick Bracelets...

http://www.amazon.com/Lumistick-Glowsticks-Light-Bracelets-bracelets/dp/B000IZ4KJY/ref=sr_1_53?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1348792009&sr=1-53

sponge410000
09-27-2012, 5:36 PM
just got my ticket. cant wait first night shoot with cg

mrlonewolf
09-27-2012, 6:26 PM
For the records.

I hate Zombies....

angrytroll
09-27-2012, 7:56 PM
I was taking inventory of my ammo to see what i need. I noticed i still had a box of (20)winchester 30-06 soft points that wife wife bought me when she went to walmart one day and i asked her to get a box of 30-30. So if any one can use this please let me know and i will bring to the shoot and give as early xmas gift.. Been sitting for for 4 months and they need a good home.

mrlonewolf
09-27-2012, 8:33 PM
I was taking inventory of my ammo to see what i need. I noticed i still had a box of (20)winchester 30-06 soft points that wife wife bought me when she went to walmart one day and i asked her to get a box of 30-30. So if any one can use this please let me know and i will bring to the shoot and give as early xmas gift.. Been sitting for for 4 months and they need a good home.

Oustanding.

Thank you Sir.....:D

defcon
09-27-2012, 8:48 PM
is this allowed?

Set of 2 Guide GearŪ .22 cal. Auto Reset Targets

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/set-of-2-guide-gear-22-cal-auto-reset-targets.aspx?a=1026646

http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/2/202837_ts.jpg

Rimfire Shooting Tree
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/rimfire-shooting-tree.aspx?a=961707
http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1/173386m2_ts.jpg

angrytroll
09-27-2012, 8:49 PM
Oustanding.

Thank you Sir.....:D

OK i will bring . Don't expect gift wrapping.

FastFinger
09-27-2012, 9:17 PM
OK i will bring . Don't expect gift wrapping.

Killjoy.

danv1369
09-28-2012, 8:25 AM
[QUOTE=defcon;9411850]is this allowed?

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/set-of-2-guide-gear-22-cal-auto-reset-targets.aspx?a=1026646

Rimfire Shooting Tree

No metal targets or target stands are allowed. :(

defcon
09-28-2012, 8:29 AM
[QUOTE=defcon;9411850]is this allowed?

Rimfire Shooting Tree

No metal targets or target stands are allowed. :(

aww ok. so what targets are you guys bringing?

what about taping up the glow sticks and shooting them? that would be cool to record the glow stick splatter

superman21
09-28-2012, 9:13 AM
Anything that you wanna shoot at as long as no metal frame or stand... :38:

danv1369
09-28-2012, 10:56 AM
I am going to build a stand using PVC pipe. You can search the net for different plans

Kokak
09-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Same here...

Planning on bringing at least 4 with me.

Ricky-Ray
09-28-2012, 2:00 PM
Sawhorse will work well too. I've built a couple outta spare 2x4's and I bought the sawhorse bracket for about 5 bucks. When the guys at burro passed by I asked them about the bracket and they said they were cool about that. I guess it's because it's made outta aluminum and it's such area the likelyhood of it getting hit is small.

http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of-2-sawhorse-brackets-67163.html

defcon
09-28-2012, 2:10 PM
Sawhorse will work well too. I've built a couple outta spare 2x4's and I bought the sawhorse bracket for about 5 bucks. When the guys at burro passed by I asked them about the bracket and they said they were cool about that. I guess it's because it's made outta aluminum and it's such area the likelyhood of it getting hit is small.

http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of-2-sawhorse-brackets-67163.html

good idea! time to buy a few

Cletus-in-CA
09-29-2012, 8:13 AM
Shotgun? A shotgun is NOT the best choice for Zombies. When used at close range, you increase the risk to yourself or others by splattering zombie goo everywhere, secondly a head shot is the most effective way to drop a Z, body shots are ineffective. The optimal weapon is an accurized .22 with magnum or hollow points fired from a safe distance, or 5.56. These calibers are sufficient to do a terminal headshot, and should be more readily available in event of a societal collaspse where manufacturing ceases. ...Just sayin'

Cletus-in-CA
09-29-2012, 8:37 AM
[QUOTE=danv1369;9413741]

what about taping up the glow sticks and shooting them? that would be cool to record the glow stick splatter

We do shoots near Placerville at a freinds home range with coworkers and family and occassionaly do a zombie theme. Try getting some paintballs that are bright "goo-green" or blood red and scotch tape it to the zombie eyes... I have a Bieber zombie, and creepy kid targets I made that I am attaching. Works good on 11x17 paper. PS: glue etc takes too long to dry and disolves paintballs...

Scratch705
09-29-2012, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=danv1369;9413741]

glow stick liquid is toxic last i remember so that means you would have to get a giant tarp to prevent that liquid from seeping into the ground.

pennys dad
09-29-2012, 5:34 PM
Using glow sticks is fine, no tarp needed

pennys dad
09-29-2012, 5:39 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Chemical-Luminescent-Military-Sticks/dp/B000RGJSD2

Chem lights for the shoo idea?

pennys dad
09-29-2012, 7:15 PM
Has anyone ever used: http://coolglow.com/1/51/51/Glow-Paint/

Glow Paint?

turbobladz
09-29-2012, 11:11 PM
this sounds like a lot of fun im in. Do we all need to bring our own targets?

Mp5marley
09-30-2012, 1:32 PM
Yes. Bring targets. Wood or PVC. No metal

turbobladz
09-30-2012, 5:49 PM
Thanks for the reply . I have a friend who is in a wheel chair and would like to come as I'm sure there may be vets who are in chairs who may come also. Is the entire event accessible to people in chairs ? ( I'm sure they want to shoot and stab the zombies also ) or will they be limted to only use the pistol or riffle range and not the outbreak section ? Thanks in advance

Eddie1965
09-30-2012, 6:22 PM
Bought my tickets and I have my zombie killer ready.

angrytroll
09-30-2012, 7:42 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2d711b3127ccef168888aa4af00000030O10IZsmTNo1asw e3nwU/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D1/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

i made this for about 5.00 . Probably build one more to bring for shoot.

Mp5marley
09-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Yup. The private ranges are for sure wheel chair possible. I did not accessible as I know that means ramp and pavement. The dirt is packed pretty hard so a chair can roll through no problem. I am positive people would or I would give up a good parking spot so that your friend can enjoy the shoot.

Ricky-Ray
10-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the reply . I have a friend who is in a wheel chair and would like to come as I'm sure there may be vets who are in chairs who may come also. Is the entire event accessible to people in chairs ? ( I'm sure they want to shoot and stab the zombies also ) or will they be limted to only use the pistol or riffle range and not the outbreak section ? Thanks in advance

Very good question. Let me check with the training group that is helping is setup the outbreak range and get back to you. Ultimately our goal is for everyone to have a good time and go home with zero injuries.

10mm
10-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Isn't this considered forgery.

ShieldTactical
10-01-2012, 6:23 AM

The outbreak range will be accessible to all. we look forward to seeing you.

JWH
Shield Tactical

turbobladz
10-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the response . I will let my buddy know so that he can register

Kokak
10-01-2012, 1:54 PM
A couple of this have changed in my schedule and I will not be able to attend, even though I have already registered.

Is there a refund policy?

Ricky-Ray
10-01-2012, 2:08 PM
A couple of this have changed in my schedule and I will not be able to attend, even though I have already registered.

Is there a refund policy?

Thanks for paying my range fee then...:D

haha... J/K

PM me your info and I will cancel your registration and eventbrite should issue you a refund.

Kokak
10-01-2012, 2:11 PM
Thank you sir...

PM inbound.

Sbasham
10-01-2012, 7:28 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/024/183/500pxShopped.jpg?1318992465

Sillyguy
10-03-2012, 8:37 AM
damn i'll be covering long beach comic con that day (i'm their event photographer)....

but i wanna shoot stuff!

m.rod19
10-03-2012, 10:59 AM
If we take fruits/vegetables do we need a stand or are they fine on the floor?

Ricky-Ray
10-03-2012, 11:03 AM
If we take fruits/vegetables do we need a stand or are they fine on the floor?

On the floor is fine. If it's too close we may ask that you place them a little further back.

RenegadeHB
10-03-2012, 11:17 AM
sweet see you guys there

pennys dad
10-03-2012, 1:24 PM
yup on the pistol range fruits need to be 25 yards out, on the rifle range fruits need to be at least 50 yards

m.rod19
10-03-2012, 5:02 PM
Thanks for the info

netwkdoc50
10-03-2012, 8:38 PM
I KNEW ZOMBIES WERE REAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Cali-Shooter
10-04-2012, 9:28 AM
Two more marksmen reporting in. Sent out a distress call on facebook for more volunteers.

Enfield47
10-05-2012, 8:20 PM
My wife and I are signed up are looking forward to the fun!

FastFinger
10-05-2012, 8:46 PM
My wife and I are signed up are looking forward to the fun!

Nice Enfield avatar!

When my family immigrated to The States the first firearm my father ordered was a Enfield Jungle Carbine - he still has it. Sadly it's a "sporterized" model.

Enfield47
10-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Nice Enfield avatar!

When my family immigrated to The States the first firearm my father ordered was a Enfield Jungle Carbine - he still has it. Sadly it's a "sporterized" model.

Thanks. I love my Enfield, they are great rifles and the action is so smooth. Where did you immigrate from?

Even if it is sporerized model, I'll bet it is a great shooter.:cool: One advantage to the sporterized models is they are a bit lighter so they are much easier to take into the field for hunting.

stag6.8
10-06-2012, 4:58 PM
my girlfriend and me coming for sure....fees paid...and possibly my friend who just built his first ar-15

FastFinger
10-06-2012, 5:43 PM
Thanks. I love my Enfield, they are great rifles and the action is so smooth. Where did you immigrate from?

Even if it is sporerized model, I'll bet it is a great shooter.:cool: One advantage to the sporterized models is they are a bit lighter so they are much easier to take into the field for hunting.

We came over from the Netherlands, but my Dad was from Indonesia. Some of his childhood memories are of the Japanese invasion and occupation during WW2. That was part of his motivation to eventually live in America. As soon as my folks were settled one of the first things my father did was order his Enfield. To him that .303 was the manifestation of American freedom and self determination.

I haven't shot it in years, but is is a great handling rifle, and the action is butter smooth. It does have a bit of a kick though... If I make it up to their place before November I'll pick it up and bring it to TZS.

Enfield47
10-07-2012, 5:53 AM
It sounds like your family has a great appreciation for what America really stands for.

I'm considering bringing my Enfield to the event too. It does have quite a kick so I don't end up shooting it as much as I would like (my shoulder just can't take the beating like it used to). But there is no better way to take down a zombie than with .303!

CRPAGunner
10-08-2012, 12:02 PM
DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE COSTUME CONTEST !!!!

Folks, this event is being kicked off with a costume contest for participants! We are awarding prize packages for the top three finishers and we are talking about some really, really cool stuff...........And it keeps getting better!

We will have celebrity judges onsite to select the winners and its going to be a great way to get things started! It's completely FREE to enter but we are only allowing 100 entries........good news is we still have plenty of sign ups available!

If you are going to be there in your best zombie-termination attire, sign up for the contest and you may leave with some really cool gear!

Thanks for playing and see ya at Burro!

pennys dad
10-08-2012, 7:42 PM
Zombie Industries will be there with targets to sell

bigbully
10-08-2012, 7:55 PM
Zombie Industries will be there with targets to sell

Will they be bringing patches and decals also? Offering any discounts?

pennys dad
10-08-2012, 8:09 PM
Yes and Yes and Yes to all your questions.
I am going to give them this thread to provide comments

bigbully
10-08-2012, 8:20 PM
Yes and Yes and Yes to all your questions.
I am going to give them this thread to provide comments

Sweet!

Ed_Hazard
10-08-2012, 8:25 PM
So even the target bases cant be metal?

Like these,

Claybone
10-08-2012, 9:25 PM
Hi , New to the forum , I'm currently nursing a shoulder post surgery but I'm in to help out hang out where needed .

Ricky-Ray
10-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Metal base if fine. Burro uses metal bases also.

Schutzman
10-09-2012, 8:23 AM
Rad...... Now the NorCal folks need one of these.

Schutz

DannyInSoCal
10-09-2012, 8:28 AM
Another one on the first weekend -

When I have reserve duty.....

:facepalm:

Damitalltohell....

Hanse Davion
10-09-2012, 10:23 PM
I was told to ask the following questions here, apologizing in advance if they have already been asked and answered.

1. I see that the outbreak range allows for weapons other than firearms. Are there any limits to this?

2. Also in regards to the outbreak range, are the zombie targets provided? Or do we have to provide our own?

3. Also in regards to the outbreak range, your safety rule states all shooters that walk forward of the shooting line must wear a reflective safety vest, does this apply for the outbreak range or is it limited to the regular range?

4. Finally, I have a lot of people interested in going that are new to shooting sports. I wanted to make sure that this event can cater to new shooters, including the use of the outbreak range.

I appreciate your assistance with my questions. Thank you for your time!

Ricky-Ray
10-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Responses in Red

1. I see that the outbreak range allows for weapons other than firearms. Are there any limits to this?
If it's not allowed in CA or at Burro then it's a No go. What did you have in mind?

2. Also in regards to the outbreak range, are the zombie targets provided? Or do we have to provide our own?
Targets on the outbreak range will be provided.

3. Also in regards to the outbreak range, your safety rule states all shooters that walk forward of the shooting line must wear a reflective safety vest, does this apply for the outbreak range or is it limited to the regular range?
Reflective safety vest is for the regular range. Not needed on the outbreak range. A Safety RSO will be following behind you as you work your way down the course on the outbreak range.

4. Finally, I have a lot of people interested in going that are new to shooting sports. I wanted to make sure that this event can cater to new shooters, including the use of the outbreak range.
Yes new shooters are welcome. If they can safely handle a firearm and pay for the outbreak range they are welcome to try it.

Hanse Davion
10-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the responses. I was also hoping to maybe have an in depth description of the outbreak range. Or at least what the plan is. I think its safe to say thats what most of the people I have interested in this event are looking forward to, so if there is a course description or layout or anything for that matter it would be great selling material to get more people interested. Thanks again!

FastFinger
10-10-2012, 3:31 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img801/5635/headergsw.jpg

Next to a stampede of Kardashians, the biggest threat to civilization is an outbreak of. . . ZOMBIES!!! In order to meet that threat Calguns.net and The CRPA are calling for the formation of a joint Zombie Outbreak Response Team (ZORT) for an evening of live fire exercises at Burro Canyon Shooting Park! And you can join ZORT today and be slaughtering Zombies before Thanksgiving. Let's see if Uncle Leo can top that at T-Day dinner!

Slaughtering zombies is hard work, so tangy tasty tacos will be available. You can pre-order your meal tickets so you're sure not to go hungry.

UPDATE!!! - In addition to hunting zombies, ZORT members can practice their camouflage skills by participating in a contest to see who can resemble a real dead undead zombie! We are awarding prize packages for the top three finishers, and we are talking about some really, really cool stuff... plus it keeps getting better! Judges will include recent contestants from the hit reality TV series Top Shot!

UPDATE!!! - While the majority ZORT members are able to stand off the incoming horde at a comfortable distance, the most battle hardened veterans can opt for taking the fight to the zombies. . . hand to head style! Shield Tactical (http://www.shieldtactical.com/) will be leading a squad to venture into the forbidding darkness on our exclusive "Zombie Outbreak Range" which will require not only your best firing discipline, but you'll also have a chance to deploy bayonets and machetes! Take that, and that, and that you filthy undead! (extra fee required)

To harden our resolve in the upcoming fight for survival, several special guests will be at the event to help boost our morale. Also on hand to help blast the undead into really dead dead will be our allies from Turner’s Outdoorsman (http://www.turners.com), PFI Rapid Reticle (www.RapidReticle.com), PROMAG (http://www.promagindustries.com/Default.asp), and Zombie Industries (www.zombieindustries.com). Last but not least, there will a BIG SURPRISE at the end before the final zombie onslaught!

You ready to join the elite and oh-so-cool but deadly Zombie Outbreak Response Team? Just click below!

http://i.imgur.com/vDrGW.gif (http://tacticalzombieshoot.eventbrite.com/)
D E T A I L S

SAFETY RULES
- Absolutely NO intoxicants of any sort allowed. NO alcohol!
- There will be a Safety Briefing before the range goes live.
- When "Cease Fire" is called all firearms must be unloaded with safeties on.
- Anyone going downrange will need to wear a reflective safety vest, no exceptions. These can be purchased at Home Depot & Lowes among other places. EXAMPLE. (http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Safety-Security-Work-Safety/h_d1/N-5yc1vZc2dy/R-202080177/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051)
- Everyone not going down range must remain behind the shooting line and away from the benches during a cease fire.
- Red glow sticks will be considered a “Cease Fire” indicator.
- For downrange targets use any color other than RED or ORANGE (otherwise the line will never go hot).
- The entire line will remain cold until Range Safety Officer calls “Ready to Fire”

SCHEDULE
- 3:30p Registration desk opens
- 4:30p Costume Contest
- 5:00p Shooting ranges open
- 5:00p Zombie Outbreak Range opens
- 7:00p Registration desk closes - no new shooters
-10:30p Shooting ranges close
-11:00p Event over – We saved the world

TARGETS
- Bring your own targets. Remember... This is a NIGHT SHOOT and lighting may be intermittent, so take that into account.
- Industrial strength glow sticks (not RED or ORANGE) work real well
- Plastic bottles with a glow stick inside are cool.
- Glow sticks stapled onto targets are pretty slick and do the trick.
- We will follow all Burro Canyon Shooting Park target rules (http://www.burrocanyon.com/faqs.shtml)
- If you place something out in one of the Fire Zones ... EXPECT it to be DESTROYED, ANNIHILATED and DECIMATED! It might even be soiled.

FEE$
- $15 per person Burro range fee
- $9 for Taco Plate (optional - but why wouldn't you?)
- $5 for "Zombie Outbreak Range" (optional)
- $15 for limited edition Tactical Zombie Shoot T-Shirt (optional)
- $5 per target frame purchased from Burro Range (No Refund) -(optional - you may supply your own frames also)

FAQs
"Sounds fun - where can I preregister?"
Right here (http://tacticalzombieshoot.eventbrite.com/) Quick & easy!

"Can we get a heads up on the location?"
TZS 2012 has been authorized to operate at "Burro Canyon Shooting Park" in Azusa, CA.
http://i.imgur.com/gclzT.gif

"What do we shoot at/with at these? I'm down!!!"
Just about any ammo will do except "magnetic" ammo, this is because of fire season restrictions. Steel ammo can cause sparks, and sparks can cause fire - so no steel core ammo, and no steel ammo. Likewise no incendiary or tracer ammo.
WE WILL BE CHECKING AMMO THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT!

"Can we rapid fire our .22s?"
Controlled rapid fire only. In other words, if your shots are missing your target and hitting someone elses targets and negatively impacting their fun, you are shooting way too fast.
We won't be sitting back timing your shots, but we will be making sure that you're always in safe control of your firearm and not blasting other people's targets at random due to poor control. That means we also won't tolerate other people shooting at your targets either!

"Do we bring long guns or hand guns, tactical or bolt action, etc....or does it not really matter?"
Come on - of course it matters! These are cold blooded zombies, a BB gun ain't gonna cut it. Also, we do live in California, so no grenades, bazookas etc. Other than that all CA legal firearms are allowed. However, keep in mind that it is your responsibility to know ALL of the laws pertaining to you and the firearms you own.

"Can I walk around with a handgun on my waist, holstered and unloaded, or NOT?"
For this event:
1: Shooting from the holster will be allowed as long as is done safely.
2: While on the firing line, unless actively shooting, any holstered weapon must be unloaded, and if the holster allows it, slide locked back. No mag in the gun in either case.
3: No holstered weapons off of the firing line or during cease fires, they must be on the table with actions open. Exceptions: RSOs will be allowed to carry during cease fire (unloaded, empty chamber, no mag in mag-well), but still can't carry away from the firing line.

"How are the range/targets illuminated? floodlights or some other type of lighting?"
The ranges may be illuminated with floodlights. But lighting is iffy, so you are also welcome to bring out your tactical lights, IR, or other night vision aids. Range Safety Officers may limit or otherwise regulate such items at their discretion.

"Is there even such a thing as non-magnetic 7.62X54R that isn't 50 cents or more per cartridge?"
You can get the M30 Heavy Ball Yugo 7.62x54R, 182 grn FMJ(full copper jacketed-lead core, brass cased) with no steel that you can shoot at any range. Prices, of course, can vary. If you do find a great deal, or a group buy, please post the details so we can light that sky up like there's no tomorrow (and there may not be if the zombies get their way).

"What about exploding targets?"
Exploding and/or "reactive" targets are not allowed. Metal targets also not allowed in Burro Canyon Shooting Park, although target stands may have metal bases only.
Also, our friends from "Zombie Industries" will be on site and will be selling their excellent Zombie Targets at special reduced rates - cash only please.

"I have seen .22 tracers online, are they legal in CA and if so are they allowed at this event?"
Tracer ammunition is illegal in CA and therefore not allowed at this event.

"Is this a family friendly event? In other words, can I bring my kids who would love the opportunity to shoot at night, what is the minimum age?"
Yes, this is a 100% family friendly event! You're the best judge of their maturity and weapon handling skills, but keep in mind that there will low light conditions during much of the event, so you will need to supervise your kids accordingly.

"I see that the Zombie Outbreak Range allows for weapons other than firearms. Are there any limits to this?"
If it's illegal in California, or at Burro Canyon Shooting Park, then it's a NO GO. What did you have in mind?

"Another Zombie Outbreak Range question, are the zombie targets provided? Or do we have to provide our own?"
Zombie simulation targets on the Zombie Outbreak Range will be provided. And yes - they ooze blood!

"One more Zombie Outbreak Range inquiry, your safety rules state that everyone who walks forward of the shooting line must wear a reflective safety vest, does that apply for the Zombie Outbreak Range or is it limited to the regular ranges?"
Reflective safety vests are for the regular ranges. They're not needed on the Zombie Outbreak Range because a Range Safety Officer will be your "wingman" as you work your way down the course - inflicting unspeakable mayhem on the undead.

"I have a lot of people interested in going that are new to shooting sports. I wanted to make sure that this event can cater to new shooters, including the Zombie Outbreak Range"
Yes. If they can safely handle a firearm new shooters are welcome at all event activities.

"If we take fruits/vegetables do we need a stand or are they fine on the floor?"
Fruits & vegetables are welcome! On the pistol range produce needs to be 25 yards out, and on the rifle range your produce needs to be at least 50 yards out. Bon appetit!

"I have a friend who is in a wheel chair and would like to come as I'm sure there may be vets who are in chairs who may come also. Is the entire event accessible to people in chairs?"
All ranges, including the Zombie Outbreak Range, will be accessible to all. We look forward to seeing you and your friends!

"Are we allowed to bring our own food? Are BBQs allowed?"
Yes, you are allowed to bring your own food. However due to fire hazards wood and charcoal BBQ's are NOT ALLOWED, only propane BBQ's are allowed at Burro Canyon Shooting Park.

Hanse Davion
10-10-2012, 9:25 AM
UPDATE!!! - While the majority ZORT members are able to stand off the incoming horde at a comfortable distance, the most battle hardened veterans can opt for taking the fight to the zombies. . . hand to head style! Shield Tactical (http://www.shieldtactical.com/) will be leading a squad to venture into the darkness on our exclusive "Zombie Outbreak Range" which will require not only your best firing discipline, but you'll also have a chance to deploy bayonets and machetes! Take that, and that, and that you filthy undead! (extra fee required)

Cost of this extra fee for melee outbreak range run?

Dark Paladin
10-10-2012, 9:46 AM
Cost of this extra fee for melee outbreak range run?

Should have been made more clear in the OP, but it is listed under the Fees section:

FEE$
- $15 per person Burro range fee
- $9 for Taco Plate (optional - but why wouldn't you?)
- $5 for "Zombie Outbreak Range" (optional)
- $15 for limited edition Tactical Zombie Shoot T-Shirt (optional)
- $5 per target frame purchased from Burro Range (No Refund) -(optional - you may supply your own frames also)

Hanse Davion
10-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Ah ok. I thought that the outbreak range itself was $5, but this melee run was additional. Thanks for the clarification.

Ricky-Ray
10-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Ah ok. I thought that the outbreak range itself was $5, but this melee run was additional. Thanks for the clarification.

The "melee run" as you put it is not additional. There will be one stage on the outbreak range where you can stab/slice the zombies.

phresh310
10-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Oh I'll DEFINITELY be there :44::44:

Zombie Industries
10-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Hello Calguns members this is Christian with Zombie Industries.

I first would like to say how excited we are to attend this event and have the opportunity to help make it a success.

We would like to bring some products to the event for you to purchase at a Discount.

Are there any particular 3D targets you would like us to bring for sale?

So far I have seen on a previous post a request to bring some Patches and Decals.

We will be bringing 10 packs of assorted paper targets in two sizes 18"x24" and 24"x36" at 50% off for $5 and $10 for this Event.(Normally $10 and $20)

Our 3D Targets we will be offering a Special Calguns Zombie Shoot price at the event (Because of our MAP policy we cannot advertise the price)

Our Outbreak Cardboard Targets we will be offering (3) Assorted Outbreak Targets for $10

Also because Exploding Rifle Targets will not be permitted we will not be bringing any ZomBoom.

Since there is no cell service at Burro Canyon we will only be taking Cash.

I look forward to your suggestions and seeing you at the Shoot.

Ricky-Ray
10-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Welcome aboard Zombie Industries. Looking forward to seeing you guys there and thanks for the support and discount.

fouber
10-10-2012, 6:01 PM
Welcome Zombie industries...thanks for bringing goodies and offering up a special CalGuns shoot price.

Look forward to seeing you =^..^=

DavidR310
10-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Welcome Zombie Tactics!

Glad to have you aboard. Awesome pricing for those targets too :)

Ed_Hazard
10-10-2012, 10:20 PM

I first would like to say how excited we are to attend this event and have the opportunity to help make it a success.

We would like to bring some products to the event for you to purchase at a Discount.

So far I have seen on a previous post a request to bring some Patches and Decals.

We will be bringing 10 packs of assorted paper targets in two sizes 18"x24" and 24"x36" at 50% off for $5 and $10 for this Event.(Normally $10 and $20)

Our 3D Targets we will be offering a Special Calguns Zombie Shoot price at the event (Because of our MAP policy we cannot advertise the price)

Our Outbreak Cardboard Targets we will be offering (3) Assorted Outbreak Targets for $10

Also because Exploding Rifle Targets will not be permitted we will not be bringing any ZomBoom.

Welcome to Calguns, definitely looking forward to seeing you guys at the shoot. In regards to which models to bring, put me down for one of your killer clown bleeding zombie targets.

lgm118icbm
10-11-2012, 7:43 AM

Welcome Christian! We appreciate you coming out to the event. It sounds like you have a pretty good understanding of how things work up there. Yes, there is absolutely no cell phone coverage up there, so cash is king. Any targets that will be easy to view at night will probably sell best.

Zombie Industries
10-11-2012, 9:14 AM
Welcome to Calguns, definitely looking forward to seeing you guys at the shoot. In regards to which models to bring, put me down for one of your killer clown bleeding zombie targets.
@Ed_Hazard - You got it! One killer clown bleeding zombie target coming your way.

Looking forward to meeting you at the shoot.

Zombie Industries
10-11-2012, 9:46 AM
Welcome Christian! We appreciate you coming out to the event. It sounds like you have a pretty good understanding of how things work up there. Yes, there is absolutely no cell phone coverage up there, so cash is king. Any targets that will be easy to view at night will probably sell best.
@lgm118icbm - I have never been to Burro Canyon but have been told cash is king up there. Thanks for the confirmation. I appreciate it.

I hear its a nice place and should be great for this event. I am looking forward to it and meeting you.

As far as Targets that can be seen at night will depend on the amount of light we will have. If you use a "Mutilating" Target you will get an orange shot indication mark at point of impact so it will be easier to see shot placement further away. (These do not Bleed when shot)

If you use a "Bleeding" Target the pink "blood" we use in them is so it can be seen easier than red on the darker torsos. But to see the "Blood" you probably want the target closer than further. To get the best effect I would have several shooters engaging a single target at a time to get the "Blood" to start going. It can take depending on caliber and shot placement 40-80 rds to have the blood begin to ooze out. When shot the "Blood" first begins to soak into the foam then slowly drips out of the torso. Once the torso has been shot enough "Blood" soaked chunks of matter start to fall off the body. These Zombies like high rates of fire and Video game style round counts.

Our Outbreak Cardboard Targets should be easy to see with the clay pigeons inserted.

I will be more than happy to answer any questions anyone has about our products at the shoot and would love to hear feedback. We are always making new products and getting our customers input is crucial to our success.

Our goal as a company is to provide unique shooting experiences that are not only fun but can have practical applications as well.

See you at the Shoot!

mrlonewolf
10-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Hello Christian.

Welcome to Calguns.

Just a quick question, does any of your targets reacts to black light?

Hmmmm....Fluorescent zombie blod all over the place..... :43:

Chaos47
10-11-2012, 1:01 PM
Welcome aboard CGN, Zombie Industries!

Excited to have you partnered with us for this event!

dzhao20
10-11-2012, 1:33 PM
Welcome aboard Zombie Industries !

Glad and excited to see some real looking zombies to stab and shoot :D

Question to Admins,

For the melee course, are 14 inch bayonets allowed? I mean it's more like a short sword than a bayonet at that point :x (no pun intended)

Solus
10-11-2012, 2:40 PM
just payed for my tickets see you all there

Ricky-Ray
10-11-2012, 2:50 PM
Welcome aboard Zombie Industries !

Glad and excited to see some real looking zombies to stab and shoot :D

Question to Admins,

For the melee course, are 14 inch bayonets allowed? I mean it's more like a short sword than a bayonet at that point :x (no pun intended)

Bring it.

Curious, what are you attaching it to???

Zombie Industries
10-11-2012, 4:23 PM
Hello Christian.

Welcome to Calguns.

Just a quick question, does any of your targets reacts to black light?

Hmmmm....Fluorescent zombie blod all over the place..... :43:
@mrlonewolf - Great Question. When we were designing the Zombie Alien Target we toyed with the idea of Glow in the Dark Paint.

But because of cost and difficulty activating the paint to glow we felt it didn't make sense at this time.

We have never used a black light on our current targets so we don't know what or if it would do anything. If you try a black light on a target we would love to hear some feedback.

We would like to make a glow in the dark target someday.

RedMonkey
10-11-2012, 4:32 PM
Hello Zombie Industries, welcome to CalGuns.

RM

Hanse Davion
10-11-2012, 6:54 PM
Question regarding ammunition restrictions- (Noob question most likely)

I have a couple boxes of 308 Winchester power point rifle rounds (Cheapest 308 at my walmart in stock). From what I can tell its not attracted to a magnet, but your restrictions do say no bi-metal ammo. I wanted to check if this particular round would be acceptable. Thanks

Solus
10-11-2012, 7:58 PM
looks like a lead core to me. I dont think winchester makes anything besides lead core bullets. It should be ok I dont see why not. They just dont want anything with steel in it because it might start a fire

dzhao20
10-11-2012, 11:27 PM
To Ricky Ray: I believe it was designed in the mind for the shotguns :X but Im just going to use it off hand

dzhao20
10-11-2012, 11:27 PM
To Ricky Ray: I believe it was designed in the mind for the shotguns :X but Im just going to use it off hand

Hitman
10-12-2012, 5:39 AM
Sign me up

pennys dad
10-12-2012, 6:37 AM
Question regarding ammunition restrictions- (Noob question most likely)

I have a couple boxes of 308 Winchester power point rifle rounds (Cheapest 308 at my walmart in stock). From what I can tell its not attracted to a magnet, but your restrictions do say no bi-metal ammo. I wanted to check if this particular round would be acceptable. Thanks

Bi-Metal generally is used to describe Copper jacket over Steel core.
But I agree that it is a deceiving term. The critical test is to take a magnet and hold it over the tip of the bullet.

fouber
10-12-2012, 6:46 AM
Sign me up

here is the link to sign up... see you there

http://tacticalzombieshoot.eventbrite.com/

camljr
10-12-2012, 7:45 AM
You can come to the ZOMBIEseed event the weekend before...

I am not sure if it will be the same, but we will have quite a few reactive targets and fun stuff to shoot at.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=32211.0

Camljr

Another one on the first weekend -

When I have reserve duty.....

:facepalm:

Damitalltohell....

Foebia
10-12-2012, 9:16 PM
They charged my card but got error on page and no email, who do i contact to verify everything went ok?

Second edit, logged in and have no purchased events...

Third, CS confirmed bad transaction, i tried again and got "invalid orderid" anywho... Maybe the site is not mobile friendly.

Fourth, dusted off the windows machine and grabbed some tickets, guess my ipad was glitching it out.

Ricky-Ray
10-12-2012, 10:58 PM
They charged my card but got error on page and no email, who do i contact to verify everything went thru ok?

Edit, Disregard last transmission

Second edit, logged in and have no purchased events, card billed for 80 bucks... Buyer beware. Hope they have decent CS.

PM me your name and what you purchased and the last four of CC that you used and I'll see what I can find out.

Foebia
10-12-2012, 11:03 PM
What size shirts do the zombie wear, i may have something they would enjoy wearing

bob7122
10-13-2012, 9:34 AM
can i bring half a pig carcass to test my shotgun loads? i have some hollow point slugs, slugs, buckshot to test.

pennys dad
10-13-2012, 10:34 AM
can i bring half a pig carcass to test my shotgun loads? i have some hollow point slugs, slugs, buckshot to test.

call Burro and ask. I have never seen a carcass on the range before

dzhao20
10-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Are wax slugs allowed in this event ? or no improvised ammo mods for safety reasons ?

pennys dad
10-13-2012, 6:55 PM
will have to ask Burro, I have never seen any

calibanman
10-13-2012, 9:16 PM
I know I have been MIA for a bit boys but I'mmmmm Back! See you all there.

Poke_Monster
10-14-2012, 7:55 PM
Hello Zombie Industries, welcome to CalGuns. W00t this is going to be fun :D

socalbud
10-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Can we get some specifics on the $9 taco plate?

Ricky-Ray
10-14-2012, 11:38 PM
Can we get some specifics on the $9 taco plate?

4 different meat's to chose from. Includes Rice, Beans, Chips, 3 different salsas, all the fixing's for the taco's, drink and dessert item.

pennys dad
10-15-2012, 10:25 AM
I know I have been MIA for a bit boys but I'mmmmm Back! See you all there.

Wow, havent seen you in awhile

Zombie Industries
10-15-2012, 10:40 AM
What size shirts do the zombie wear, i may have something they would enjoy wearing
@Foebia - I have not personally put a T-Shirt on our Zombies but based on the shoulder width a Large should work.

lostlife656
10-16-2012, 5:39 PM
Can people come to just spectate or do they have to pay some fees as well?

Ricky-Ray
10-16-2012, 7:10 PM
Spectators welcome. No charge if they just watch. If they decide to shoot they will have to pay range fee. They are welcome to the taco plate too if they want to pay.

crazychinaman
10-17-2012, 6:36 AM
will there be any lights on the range .?Or do we have to use glow sticks and flashlights.

Randee
10-17-2012, 6:45 AM
so, out of curiousity - if we don't chose to run the outbreak stage is it safe to call this a night shoot with zombie targets? I just want to get a feel for whats going on.

pennys dad
10-17-2012, 6:48 AM
will there be any lights on the range .?Or do we have to use glow sticks and flashlights.

We will light up the firing line and back area. We will push some light from the firing line but no lights placed in front of the firing line

pennys dad
10-17-2012, 6:49 AM
so, out of curiousity - if we don't chose to run the outbreak stage is it safe to call this a night shoot with zombie targets? I just want to get a feel for whats going on.

Yes your statement is correct

Randee
10-17-2012, 7:43 AM
Will we be allowed to draw pistols from holster or is everything from on top of the benches?

pennys dad
10-17-2012, 8:41 AM
Will we be allowed to draw pistols from holster or is everything from on top of the benches?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=9487963&postcount=115

dzhao20
10-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Okay...I dont think russian heavy ball is magnetic, but it's sticking pretty good on my fridge magnets :X anyone got a answer to this ? I was hoping on bring this ammo for my mosin :X

Ricky-Ray
10-17-2012, 11:46 AM
If it's Russian.... more than likely it's magnetic.

bigbully
10-17-2012, 11:49 AM
If I'm not mistaken, most of them are either steel core, steel jacket or brass plated steel.

dzhao20
10-17-2012, 12:52 PM
DAMNIT! ....I dont think I'll be able to make it to this event then :x Couldnt find any non-magnetic mosin rounds online that isnt backed up in orders :X

Guess I'll have to start reloading faster than I thought :x

LiveSideways
10-17-2012, 2:15 PM
DAMNIT! ....I dont think I'll be able to make it to this event then :x Couldnt find any non-magnetic mosin rounds online that isnt backed up in orders :X

Guess I'll have to start reloading faster than I thought :x

$15/20

Non-Magnetic.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/prvi-partizan/20-rd-box-762x54r-182-grain-match-prvi-partizan-ammo-pp766

AndrewMendez
10-17-2012, 6:32 PM
I'm curious....why soo few people have signed up for the Costume contest?

let's look at a few thoughts....

This event is after Halloween...and you likely already have a costume

This event is after Halloween, and if you don't have a costume, they will be dirt cheap the day after!!!

Multiple prizes!!!!

Celebrity Judges!!!!

And come freakin on...you can dress like a weirdo, and take a bunch of pics while shooting, and nobody at the event would think anything was wrong with you!

Fantastic fun for those who don't want to do too much shooting, but come to hang out with you!

pennys dad
10-17-2012, 7:38 PM
What are you dressing as?

This event is after Halloween, and if you don't have a costume, they will be dirt cheap the day after!!!

Multiple prizes!!!!

Celebrity Judges!!!!

And come freakin on...you can dress like a weirdo, and take a bunch of pics while shooting, and nobody at the event would think anything was wrong with you!

Fantastic fun for those who don't want to do too much shooting, but come to hang out with you!

wildman2009
10-18-2012, 9:54 AM
Hey Guys, new member of the forum thanks to this event. I have a whole car full of people coming with me that will hopefully join as well.

Might I make a suggestion to the members running this event that upon check-in we get name tags that we can write our user names on so people can match a face to a name?

Ricky-Ray
10-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Hey Guys, new member of the forum thanks to this event. I have a whole car full of people coming with me that will hopefully join as well.

Might I make a suggestion to the members running this event that upon check-in we get name tags that we can write our user names on so people can match a face to a name?

Already been thought of. :)

mAd mOrdigan
10-18-2012, 8:45 PM

Multiple prizes!!!!

Celebrity Judges!!!!

what kind of prizes? i dont want to be the only zombie out there and get shot! lol

Ricky-Ray
10-18-2012, 9:25 PM
what kind of prizes? i dont want to be the only zombie out there and get shot! lol

Andrew will buy you dinner on the date.... :D

mAd mOrdigan
10-18-2012, 9:52 PM
whoa there... im not sure i wana participate anymore... lol

patrickm576
10-19-2012, 8:09 AM
Can't wait for this event! I'm bringing 3 friends with me as well as an arsenal to ward off the flesh eating zombies.

pennys dad
10-19-2012, 10:47 AM
We have a lower from Franklin Armoury as a prize for best zombie

RoundEye
10-19-2012, 7:09 PM
Zombie Hunting Season is official open!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d163/ZeroG21/CalGuns/23F29B7A-8BDF-471D-AE65-E59FFEFC636F-10605-00000887570B9961.jpg

We have a lower from Franklin Armoury as a prize for best zombie

*****, in that case I'm dressing up!

kengotit
10-19-2012, 8:01 PM

I am bringing

Nicki

where do i signed up? im in SF area

Ricky-Ray
10-19-2012, 10:21 PM
where do i signed up? im in SF area

Shoot a PM to Calgunner "Nicki"

dzhao20
10-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Is it possible that we can go the day of and pay cash for the firing line and the zombie outbreak line ?

pennys dad
10-20-2012, 8:01 PM
yes

dzhao20
10-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Alright :D thanks for the answer man. I dont know if I get all my ammo on time. And I call burro canyon to see if wax slugs are allowed, and yes they are :D

AndrewMendez
10-21-2012, 10:35 AM

Haha, good concern. I will be dressed in Zombie Attire, as well as a few friends of mine.

Foebia
10-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Pvc target stand... Check
Ordered paper targets, bowling pins on hand... Check
Ammo, BU ammo on order... Check
Wife and I day off... Check
Snap lights... Check
Reflective tape... Check
Light sources... Pending

Thinking about using headlamps, you all think they should light up for the pistol range enough if needed?
Have no rifles here though, gonna have to use pisteleros. 9 days and counting for my FN57.
Tried the snap light in a water bottle, worked pretty well

mAd mOrdigan
10-21-2012, 1:46 PM
oh we can just show up the day of and pay cash at the door?

angrytroll
10-21-2012, 4:38 PM
quick question on targets. I know no steel targets at burro, but wondering if there is a problem with wood target held together with screws. I made one that that comes apart ,base /target and uses bolts to hold together.

Fixmy59bug
10-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Do we know what the T-Shirts are going to look like?

Ricky-Ray
10-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Pvc target stand... Check
Ordered paper targets, bowling pins on hand... Check
Ammo, BU ammo on order... Check
Wife and I day off... Check
Snap lights... Check
Reflective tape... Check
Light sources... Pending

Thinking about using headlamps, you all think they should light up for the pistol range enough if needed?
Have no rifles here though, gonna have to use pisteleros. 9 days and counting for my FN57.
Tried the snap light in a water bottle, worked pretty well

Don't forget to get a reflective vest. All shooters will need to wear one when going down range to change their targets during the cease fire. Headlamps will come in handy while reloading or looking for stuff, depending on the lumens on the headlamp it may or maynot be enough to illluminate your targets.

Ricky-Ray
10-22-2012, 12:07 PM
oh we can just show up the day of and pay cash at the door?

Yes. Registration will close at 7pm so if you come arrive before then.

Ricky-Ray
quick question on targets. I know no steel targets at burro, but wondering if there is a problem with wood target held together with screws. I made one that that comes apart ,base /target and uses bolts to hold together.

That will be fine.

Ricky-Ray

Not yet.

Fixmy59bug
10-22-2012, 12:59 PM
:eek:

I WANT ONE OF THOSE ZOMBIE HUNTING PERMITS!!!

Ricky-Ray
10-22-2012, 1:05 PM
:eek:

I WANT ONE OF THOSE ZOMBIE HUNTING PERMITS!!!

One will be issued to everyone once they check in.

Fixmy59bug
10-22-2012, 2:27 PM
:party:

:punk:

:taz:

:mnl:

allenst65
10-23-2012, 2:26 PM
Yes, bring your own target's and stands. Burro will have target's for sale $5 each. Fruit's, veggies, melons, bowling pins make great targets too. We will have some target's place out on the firing line for everyone also.

Just remember, no metal targets are allowed at Burro, and this includes the target frame.

Just to confirm, Pumpkins will not be allowed due to their color ? I'd think there will be some post-Halloween discounts on these in the supermarkets, but it will be a shame if they are not allowed.

SA

Ricky-Ray
10-23-2012, 2:34 PM
Just to confirm, Pumpkins will not be allowed due to their color ? I'd think there will be some post-Halloween discounts on these in the supermarkets, but it will be a shame if they are not allowed.

SA

Pumpkins will be perfectly fine.

Basically NO RED or ORANGE glowstick or other light sources will be allowed to light up your target. Any other color will be fine.

Hope that clears up the confusion.

Fixmy59bug
10-23-2012, 2:34 PM
I just came up with a great idea.

Spray paint them any color other than the restricted colors (red and orange?) before the shoot.

Then since it's a night shoot, why not buy some of the glow sticks, cut them open and dump the glowing goo on top of the pumpkin.

I wonder if there is a way to hang a glowing pumpkin....

OOOOoooooo Mystical glowing floating orb.... KILL IT!!!!!!!!!!

uxo2
10-23-2012, 4:17 PM
Still looks like im in...

.22s thats what I am shooting.
Then we will find out.

Will it drop a Zombie.
Or
Are you guys going to end up splitting up my gear...

LiveSideways
10-23-2012, 4:22 PM
Just bought two sets (burro/zombie range/shirts), I'm stoked.

Can anyone confirm that I need to layout all the clay pigeons and spray them all a different color than orange? I use the plastic hangers and they make for cheap reactive rifle targets.

Thanks!

Ricky-Ray
10-23-2012, 4:25 PM
Just bought two sets (burro/zombie range/shirts), I'm stoked.

Can anyone confirm that I need to layout all the clay pigeons and spray them all a different color than orange? I use the plastic hangers and they make for cheap reactive rifle targets.

Thanks!

You don't need to spray paint them a different color. They will be fine.

Ricky-Ray
10-23-2012, 11:41 PM

This just in......

http://i.imgur.com/1dKt7.jpg

superman21
10-24-2012, 9:10 AM
Sweeeeeeeetttttt!!!!

Guitarmoto
10-24-2012, 11:28 AM
So i browsed a little and didnt see an answer to this. Im hoping to use my ak, ar, or sks bayonet on the zombie torso rather than a knife. Is this allowed?

Ricky-Ray
10-24-2012, 11:35 AM
So i browsed a little and didnt see an answer to this. Im hoping to use my ak, ar, or sks bayonet on the zombie torso rather than a knife. Is this allowed?

yes

pennys dad
10-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Hmm, we need to figure out how to transport all these Zombies

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq46/jacobrascon/10-24-20121-10-02PM_zps4ca27c77.png

ShieldTactical
10-24-2012, 12:19 PM
NICE!

mAd mOrdigan
10-24-2012, 12:36 PM
how is that range setup? I'm thinking I'll buy a target frame for paper/pistol targets.. but for rifle targets down range like pumpkins or bottles.. will you guys be setting them on the ground or something?

pennys dad
10-24-2012, 12:50 PM
how is that range setup? I'm thinking I'll buy a target frame for paper/pistol targets.. but for rifle targets down range like pumpkins or bottles.. will you guys be setting them on the ground or something?

Yes, maybe, sometimes

What kind of bottles are you thinking of using?

Ricky-Ray
10-24-2012, 12:52 PM

Pumpkins and bottles will be fine as long as the bottles are plastic. You will have to pick up the bottles and place them in the trash after you are done with them. The pumpkin remains can stay out on the range as that's biodegradable. You can place them on the floor, hang them up or put them on a stand.

We will be placing some zombie targets our for everyone on the general rifle and pistol line but a majority of the zombie targets are reserved for the outbreak range.

SudoNoob
10-24-2012, 1:13 PM
Can you guys please make sure to get lots of videos and pictures of this event? I wont be able to go but would like to see what it's like for next year.

generalpetres
10-24-2012, 1:28 PM
i might be interested in going. just need to see if my bro can get off work. also no steel core ammo correct? if so where can i get some cheap 5.45, 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r ammo. most my stuff is steel core ammo >.<

pennys dad
10-24-2012, 1:51 PM
i might be interested in going. just need to see if my bro can get off work. also no steel core ammo correct? if so where can i get some cheap 5.45, 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r ammo. most my stuff is steel core ammo >.<

correct no steel core. Ricky-ray finds the good sales on ammo, so he will be best to answer that.

Ricky-Ray
10-24-2012, 3:14 PM
http://www.sgammo.com/product/prvi-partizan/20-rd-box-762x39-123-grain-copper-non-magnetic-fmj-brass-base-prvi-partizan-am

http://www.sgammo.com/product/prvi-partizan/20-rd-box-762x54r-182-grain-match-prvi-partizan-ammo-pp766

Found these with a quick search. Not sure if it's the cheapest but definitely non-magnetic.

Ricky-Ray
10-24-2012, 3:22 PM
A few other's I found

http://ammoman.com/p/377/762x39-123-grain-prvi-partizan-sp

http://ammoman.com/p/370/762x39-russian-124-grain-federal-american-eagle

bigbully
10-24-2012, 4:18 PM
Hmm, we need to figure out how to transport all these Zombies

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq46/jacobrascon/10-24-20121-10-02PM_zps4ca27c77.png

Where would you need transport from?

generalpetres
10-24-2012, 6:34 PM
This just in......

http://i.imgur.com/1dKt7.jpg

what sizes are avail? imma big boy

Ricky-Ray
10-24-2012, 6:41 PM
Sizes would be small to 3xl.

Enfield47
10-24-2012, 8:01 PM
You guys have done a great job preparing for this event! This is going to be awesome! Can't wait until Nov 3rd gets here.

santamonica9
10-24-2012, 9:04 PM
i want to order a shirt please

FastFinger
10-24-2012, 10:19 PM

T-Shirts can be ordered on the same page as the range fees etc., they will need to be picked up at the event. Click link in my sig line. We'll also have a few T's avail at the event for those who didn't pre-order, but sizes and availability will be limited, so it's best to pre-order them.

We may offer shirts for mail order if there's enough interest.

Ricky-Ray
10-24-2012, 10:25 PM

Where you been hiding at Mark??? Come join us!

dannyfave
10-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Damn, not milling out my AR for completion untill the day after this event.... oh well, there's always next year, maybe.

superman21
10-25-2012, 9:12 AM
Bring lots of T-shirt to the event im sure a lot of shooter and guest will buy it at the event..... Im a volunteer and we are getting a special T-shirt so i don't know how it looks like or is it the same. If not i want 1 size XL.... Tnx' Ricky...

Cali-Shooter
10-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Do we have to bring our own safety vests and glo-sticks (if we want them)?

Ricky-Ray
10-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Do we have to bring our own safety vests and glo-sticks (if we want them)?

You will need to provide your own safety vest and glow sticks.

Fixmy59bug
10-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Got my shirt (ordered)!

Yeah

mAd mOrdigan
10-26-2012, 7:58 AM
im enlisted!

calibanman
10-26-2012, 10:13 AM

oh **** Mark is back!

superman21
10-26-2012, 11:26 AM
1 more week to go.....:)

Lazyme
10-26-2012, 8:48 PM
I think I heard something about a lone zombie seen over by Sac Valley Shooting Center...I'll have to check it out tomorrow with my team since we are going to be out there...

I can't let all you down south have all the fun!!

mAd mOrdigan
10-27-2012, 5:56 AM
if anyone has a gen4 glock17 or an xd9/xdm9.. and if it's cool, I'd like to go through a mag just to get a feel for em. I'm in the market. I'll bring my own box of 9mm and let you shoot my guns if they interest you at all.

Ricky-Ray
10-27-2012, 8:04 AM
I have an XD9. Your welcome to shoot it.

defcon
10-27-2012, 9:17 AM
i hope i can finish the trigger linkages for my Marlin 60 .22LR conversions

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8055/8126641870_77e0f65ff2_b.jpg

sponge410000
10-27-2012, 10:42 AM
i hope i can finish the trigger linkages for my Marlin 60 .22LR conversions

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8055/8126641870_77e0f65ff2_b.jpg

i hope so to those look awesome

defcon
10-27-2012, 11:24 AM
95% DONE!
All is left is the trigger linkage using a 1/8 steel tubular rod. This is the hardest part.
I'll be hooking it up to the action of the Marlin 60.

At the moment its fitted perfectly with no movement of the action/barrel of the Marlin 60.
I bought some Kydex and will be cutting out shapes to cover up the gap around the ejection port.
Used a 10/22 flash hider. I need to dremel off part of the bottom part so the tube can freely slide in and out
I'm not using the Marlin 60 trigger housing.
M4 magazine is fake. I'll be using some fake PMAGs with the fake bullets showing through the window.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8194/8128495058_47d8e019a7_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/defcon008/8128495058/)
_MG_3736 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/defcon008/8128495058/) by defconskylude (http://www.flickr.com/people/defcon008/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8047/8128495128_a3d10c0448_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/defcon008/8128495128/)
_MG_3739 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/defcon008/8128495128/) by defconskylude (http://www.flickr.com/people/defcon008/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8330/8128495210_d358f5353d_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/defcon008/8128495210/)
_MG_3735 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/defcon008/8128495210/) by defconskylude (http://www.flickr.com/people/defcon008/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8184/8128495282_e06c5dbf6c_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/defcon008/8128495282/)
_MG_3738 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/defcon008/8128495282/) by defconskylude (http://www.flickr.com/people/defcon008/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8185/8128495350_1633691103_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/defcon008/8128495350/)
_MG_3737 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/defcon008/8128495350/) by defconskylude (http://www.flickr.com/people/defcon008/), on Flickr

Dinosaur Jr
10-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Registration page says "Sold Out"? :(

Jovifly
10-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Question, since the registration page says sold out for the Burro range fees, can I still attend if I already have a membership with Burro itself? Or is it totally sold out? I want to make sure before I order the shirt and tacos and Zombie Outbreak and then show up and get turned away.

scorpio252c
10-27-2012, 1:10 PM
I guess my question is similar to the above. I've signed up but my buddy checked and it's sold out. Can people still register the day of the Zombie slaughter? I can't wait got my 2 featureless AK's and my 12g ready to rumble. Watching the Walking Dead show lately has really fired me up. Thank You, see everyone there.

SparkYZ
10-27-2012, 2:09 PM
Is this really sold out? A couple days ago there was over 100 available

Dinosaur Jr
10-27-2012, 3:27 PM
Is this really sold out? A couple days ago there was over 100 available

http://tacticalzombieshoot.eventbrite.com/#

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-kNPCJdStPkU/UIxthMd_N8I/AAAAAAAABmQ/eL2K6I2oSpM/s651/sold%2520out.jpg

I'm also a member at Burro....would happily pay any difference to attend with Jovifly.

pennys dad
10-27-2012, 3:31 PM
Hello Calgunners
Thank You Everyone, we have sold out! This is very Awesome.
For those who purchased tickets, if you did not purchase a shirt or food and would like, we will be holding that option open until Monday.
I know there are a few questions and we will answer them as they come.

SparkYZ
10-27-2012, 3:38 PM
So we can't even register at the event correct? Completely full?