PDA

View Full Version : Turners and ARs

kris smith
09-24-2012, 9:23 AM
I was at turners in San Marcos yeasterday and I was watching a guy ask about la rue and lmt I believe. the sales man said that the la rue is the sig of the ar15 world!........ But check out this sig ar15. I just looked at him and had to walk away. How stupid is that? Thats like saying this Kia forte is the Cadillac of the car world.....oh by the way we have this Cadillac over here. Now mind you it's not as good as the Kia.

HK Dave
09-24-2012, 9:44 AM
LOL Gun salesmen are just that... salesmen. :P Larue = Sig ROFL

kris smith
09-24-2012, 9:55 AM
That's what I said. I was just stunned by the stupidity

myk
09-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Eh, I expect salesmen to ring me up, not educate me. With the intrawebz every buyer should be educated to some degree. Of course, I am the ultimate hippocrite because when I walked into Turner's looking for an 'AR I had no idea what was going on, lol...

JDW67
09-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Wow...lol...

LAKings22
09-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Lol anything to make a sale

Fuel&Fire
09-24-2012, 11:04 AM
I never ask opinions of LGS, unless I'm friendly with the salesperson, AND respect their opinions/comments. 95% of the time I research figure out what I want, email, wait for a good deal, and then just go in and buy

Maddog5150
09-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Dude, they dont sell larue. What do you want him to do? Not do his job and tell a customer to go get a larue somewhere else? You all need to grow up

kris smith
09-24-2012, 12:09 PM
I am just saying I couldn't staf the stupidity o his statement

762.DEFENSE
09-24-2012, 1:49 PM
Dude, they dont sell larue. What do you want him to do? Not do his job and tell a customer to go get a larue somewhere else? You all need to grow up
Agreed. :thumbsup:

Turners keeps their AR inventory very low, and are very selective of the brands they keep in stock.

maxwellca21
09-24-2012, 1:52 PM
salemen will be salemen...its the d-bag customers that ask the stupid question. I hear too many "what is the best..." questions from noobies.

kris smith
09-24-2012, 2:01 PM
Not this turners they have one of everything I swear plus a rack of .22 ARs it is kinda impressive

ham
09-24-2012, 3:22 PM

it could have been a used gun. Maybe the sales guy wasn't to familiar with all the AR companies out there, and tried to compare the rifle the person was looking for to one in stock.

Maddog5150
09-24-2012, 3:37 PM
I am just saying I couldn't staf the stupidity o his statement

If you're going to claim the stupidity of others, you may want to learn how to spell basic words.

HK Dave
09-24-2012, 4:13 PM
Whether people agree or not with the OP, Turners sucks... period.

Anyone that is informed and has done any research knows... Turners is the last place to get your firearm.

I go there when all my other channels don't have what I want and I'm willing to pay extra.

myk
09-24-2012, 5:23 PM
Why do you hate them so much?

mlevans66
09-24-2012, 6:08 PM
Hey, do you remember the guy or gal's name that told you that by chance?

kris smith
09-24-2012, 6:30 PM
No I didn't catch it I was jut window shopping and overheard it by chance. I know he's doing his job to sel guns but it's just kinda sad / funny that it was the sig of ARs but hey here's the sig ar

gesundheit
09-24-2012, 6:45 PM
No I didn't catch it I was jut window shopping and overheard it by chance. I know he's doing his job to sel guns but it's just kinda sad / funny that it was the sig of ARs but hey here's the sig ar

I don't see anything wrong with it. It would have been wrong if he had bad mouthed LaRue and then tried to sell a Sig AR.

digdug74
09-24-2012, 6:52 PM
They're just as bad with AKs. I went in there a few months ago looking for an SGL-31 even though I realized it was a real long shot they'd have one. Anyway, I ask the girl behind the counter and she appears puzzled. Had to explain an SGL-31 was an "AK" type rifle chambered in 5.45 x 39mm. She then handed me a WASR in 7.62 x 39mm. I then pointed out the rifle she just handed me appeared to be a WASR in 7.62 x 39...

Still, she was cute so I say: Good hire, Turners!

Moonshine
09-24-2012, 7:05 PM
Hey the other day a store (name omitted for courtesy sake) told me AOWs were illegal in California. Where would we be without this forum? Calguns is the best thing that ever happened to gun rights in California.

ham
09-25-2012, 12:51 AM
Hey the other day a store (name omitted for courtesy sake) told me AOWs were illegal in California. Where would we be without this forum? Calguns is the best thing that ever happened to gun rights in California.

to be fair, not every gun owner or gun store employee is a calgunner. there have been plenty of times iv'e had to cringe at work when someone says the sse's are illegal or instead of looking up the law, they give some ignorant excuse. Many times ive taken an upset customer aside and tried to give them a straight answer while reminding them what we say is not legal advice.

glock7
09-25-2012, 5:21 AM
salemen will be salemen...its the d-bag customers that ask the stupid question. I hear too many "what is the best..." questions from noobies.

^best answer i've seen....do your research kiddies. and buy what you want.

joker70
09-25-2012, 2:34 PM
They're just as bad with AKs. I went in there a few months ago looking for an SGL-31 even though I realized it was a real long shot they'd have one. Anyway, I ask the girl behind the counter and she appears puzzled. Had to explain an SGL-31 was an "AK" type rifle chambered in 5.45 x 39mm. She then handed me a WASR in 7.62 x 39mm. I then pointed out the rifle she just handed me appeared to be a WASR in 7.62 x 39...

Still, she was cute so I say: Good hire, Turners!

That Latina behind the counter at Turner's San Marcos makes waiting for my number to be called not so bad.

desertjunkie760
10-29-2012, 9:13 PM
OK call me dumb, but is Sig the top of the Ar world? I thought LWRC was tits.

My next question is where would Larue fit in comparison. You guys are laughing at the sales guy, but in a serious statement how do they compare?

firemanjoe
10-29-2012, 9:24 PM
Did the guy buy what the salesman tried to sell him? Because if he did I need to track this guy down because I've been looking for a buyer of my ocean front property in Montana. Lol.

TheHammerOfTruth
10-29-2012, 9:35 PM
Agreed. :thumbsup:

Turners keeps their AR inventory very low, and are very selective of the brands they keep in stock.

I disagree, the Turners near me has more AR's than any place around. And they have a bunch of different brands. I was there today and they had to have 30-40 different rifles. They even had the new slick side LMT with an 18" SS barrel. That rifle is just plain awesome

cfusionpm
10-29-2012, 9:39 PM
They're in the business of making money, and black rifles sell. The Turners by me always has bunches of them in stock.

cwin
10-30-2012, 7:22 AM
Whether people agree or not with the OP, Turners sucks... period.

Anyone that is informed and has done any research knows... Turners is the last place to get your firearm.

I go there when all my other channels don't have what I want and I'm willing to pay extra.

Totally agree. I avoid Turner's at all costs. Have only had bad experiences there. Especially the one in San Marcos, some of the staff are rude and most of them are not very knowledgable. Takes forever to do anything there whether or not its busy. YMMV but I prefer to frequent the few great shops down here in SD. I don't mind paying more for friendly, knowledgeable service plus supporting local business.

chead
10-30-2012, 7:40 AM
I don't get the hate for Turner's. I support the local independents a lot, but I snagged a PTR on sale at Turner's in Kearney Mesa recently. The transaction was fine, the staff were nice, and the rifle is great.

SamSung
10-30-2012, 7:41 AM
Turners is the best place to buy any firearms, their prices can't be beat!

21SF
10-30-2012, 8:09 AM
Sig sucks LWRC and Larue are much better. But I cant stand larue so I would go with LMT LWRC.

kcjr1125
10-30-2012, 8:17 AM
they are sales people. let them do their job. The customer probably asked for a larue they didnt carry so the sales person made a quick comparison and drew his customers attention to something they do carry like the SIG. these guys are commission based im sure, other wise you would have heard the sales guy say " we dont have that in stock, NEXT!"

chozenfew805
10-30-2012, 9:47 AM
:facepalm: Every business has to make money some how! That's why I do plenty of research before I lay down some hard earned dead presidents for anything;)

hellayella
10-30-2012, 12:31 PM
duh, ur talking about Turner's Outdoorsman here, it's renowned for attracting the newb/first-timers...who are all waiting in line to get a good @#$raping from the sales staff!

lostlife656
10-30-2012, 7:27 PM
turners for me has always been a decent experience. there are only about 2 people in sales that have decent knowledge on firearms. Ive never bought a weapon from them though because i have always found other places in san diego that have had better prices.

Firerescuebatt07
10-30-2012, 7:50 PM
I don't get the hate for Turner's. I support the local independents a lot, but I snagged a PTR on sale at Turner's in Kearney Mesa recently. The transaction was fine, the staff were nice, and the rifle is great.

agreed... I always support my local shop... but sometimes turners is a quick stop... I've purchased a gun there only once though... its in jail now but sometimes I get ammo on the cheap there and I've always had friendly staff...but the difference is I know what I want... when I go in so I don't have to kick any tires asking for real advice on firearms...even if I am browsing its usually something on my to buy list and I already know about it... but I will still give them props because they are like the only chain gun store...finding a good mom and pop sometimes is super hard and one usually has to drive for one...my personal spot is 15 min away...sometimes I am to busy to make that drive and turners is 3 min away...

TheHammerOfTruth
10-30-2012, 8:37 PM
Did we all forget that Turners is a "mom and pop" store. Its just one that is very successful and now has a bunch of stores. Yes..I know that a group of gun investors owns it now but that doesnt change the fact that it started as a true "mom and pop" company.