PDA

View Full Version : Trading PS90 for a HK USC

Cadre
09-24-2012, 9:49 AM
Just wanted a second opinion on this, both rifles have very low round count, mine is a PS triple rail version no optics, 1 ten round mag and two 30 kits, has the MFI shroud to make 30 inches. the USC is stock no upper rail and she's featurless with kydex, new sling, two bullet buttons not installed,two 10 round mags.

If it was you would you?

JDW67
09-24-2012, 9:53 AM
No...

Here's my USC:

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m539/jwri1967/IMG_1644.jpg

While it's a fun gun to shoot, the novelty will wear off really quick.

0351USMC
09-24-2012, 9:55 AM
No way.
I would keep PS90

starsnuffer
09-24-2012, 10:00 AM
If it was a very well done UMP conversion, sure, but a stock USC? No way.

Honestly neither weapon appeals in california legal configuration, but the P90 will save you from a Gao'uld invasion.

-W

JDW67
09-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Even with the UMP conversion, it's still just a made up USC. I'd rather have a PS90 and I'm giving serious thought to selling the USC to get a PS90.

seainc
09-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Keep PS90 and convert USC to UMP. Maybe some day you can SBR them.

Like all good things, get what you think you want while you can. Waiting too long can have severe consequences. Laws may change, the guys doing what you want go out of bidness or start their dirt nap, or the prices just go to ludicrous level (talking sears, here).

Bottom line, get what you want while you can. If it turns out to be not such a hot idea later, you can always sell it. I've been a lot happier since I adopted this idea. Also add in... don't scrimp on price. Buy the best and you'll only have to buy it once. Buy something slightly cheesy because it's cheaper may mean you'll be spending more money later to do it right. Like buying a gun safe. Sure, right now you only need a 6 rifle capacity safe... so buy the 12 rifle safe. Or you need a 12 rifle safe, get the 24... etc.

Think differently.

JDW67
09-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Keep PS90 and convert USC to UMP.

We're not all made of money like you are...:D

BTW, I've seen your HK's, really beautiful guns, but the added expense to make them look like real HK's are a real turn off...:(

Sicarius
09-24-2012, 10:46 AM
No.
Kevin

Cadre
09-24-2012, 10:47 AM
^ yep money tree Is down right now.

JDW67
09-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Op, why are you considering this trade?

JeremyKX
09-24-2012, 12:43 PM
If it was a very well done UMP conversion, sure, but a stock USC? No way.

Honestly neither weapon appeals in california legal configuration, but the P90 will save you from a Gao'uld invasion.

-W

THIS.

Cadre
09-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Op, why are you considering this trade?

Just wanted something new to play with.

bender152
09-24-2012, 1:09 PM
If you're bored with the PS90, I see no reason to keep it. Might as well sell it or trade it toward something you will use. (I'm not a fan of "safe queens".)

With that being said, I think your deal is lopsided in the other guy's favor. The PS90 is worth more, so I hope you're getting some extra cash or ammo to balance out the deal.

As for the USC, it's a niche gun, but then again, so is the PS90. Ammo, while not necessarily cheaper, will be easier to come by. 45 is plentiful as opposed to 5.7 and if you reload, 45 is much easier to do.

If you do pick up the USC, you will want to get at least the top rail, that way you can mount an optic.

jpm804
09-24-2012, 1:48 PM
If you're bored with the PS90, I see no reason to keep it. Might as well sell it or trade it toward something you will use. (I'm not a fan of "safe queens".)

With that being said, I think your deal is lopsided in the other guy's favor. The PS90 is worth more, so I hope you're getting some extra cash or ammo to balance out the deal.

As for the USC, it's a niche gun, but then again, so is the PS90. Ammo, while not necessarily cheaper, will be easier to come by. 45 is plentiful as opposed to 5.7 and if you reload, 45 is much easier to do.

If you do pick up the USC, you will want to get at least the top rail, that way you can mount an optic.

^^ this...

Defintely seems like alot more work to convert the USC to look like a UMP... PS90 is still on my short list of guns I want but the ammo situation is what is holding me back

762.DEFENSE
09-24-2012, 2:34 PM
I think in the end you'll regret the trade, also you're getting short changed in the trade. :thumbsup:

But it's your gun, and if you really want the hK, go for it!

Cadre
09-24-2012, 2:50 PM
^ thank you everyone for looking out. PS is staying in my stables :)

Corbin Dallas
09-24-2012, 2:52 PM
To the OP.

There is a lot to consider on both sides. I have shot both and they are equally fun and equally boring.

For my money the converted USC to UMP is a better value all things being equal.

Ammo costs less, easier to clean, more factory support and aftermarket parts are available.

If I need a long distance rifle my M1A is better suited than either the ps90 or usc/ump.

Cadre
09-24-2012, 3:10 PM
Roger that!

To the OP.

There is a lot to consider on both sides. I have shot both and they are equally fun and equally boring.

For my money the converted USC to UMP is a better value all things being equal.

Ammo costs less, easier to clean, more factory support and aftermarket parts are available.

If I need a long distance rifle my M1A is better suited than either the ps90 or usc/ump.

Maddog5150
09-24-2012, 4:41 PM
I think I'm the only one here who is going to say this. The USC is way more useful of a rifle. Ammo easier to find also.

Cadre
09-24-2012, 4:56 PM
I think I'm the only one here who is going to say this. The USC is way more useful of a rifle. Ammo easier to find also.

Im keeping an open mind no worries.

zombiescanlearn
09-25-2012, 7:53 AM

I agree with this but if you're going to get an unconverted one with a swap of a PS90 then the other guy is getting the better part of the deal.

I say keep the PS90 and work on that money tree and get the HK later ;)

MrPlink
09-25-2012, 3:39 PM
Id rather shoot 45acp, more ammo options.

zombiescanlearn
09-25-2012, 3:52 PM

what he means is, only if you don't have to trade your PS90 for it!

Right? :D

MrPlink
09-25-2012, 4:07 PM
No, I dont mean that at all. 5.7 is a neutered rnd for civies, and you add in the Ca factor then the HK just makes more sense.

If one could buy the regular ammo, get a sbr stamp and aquire full cap mags at will thats a different story.

zombiescanlearn
09-25-2012, 4:40 PM
No, I dont mean that at all. 5.7 is a neutered rnd for civies, and you add in the Ca factor then the HK just makes more sense.

If one could buy the regular ammo, get a sbr stamp and aquire full cap mags at will thats a different story.

That's all true, but she's going to lose out if she trades for the HK - it's not even converted yet. It's better just to hold onto the PS90 and just buy the HK outright.

Dreaded Claymore
09-25-2012, 4:49 PM
Honestly neither weapon appeals in california legal configuration, but the P90 will save you from a Goa'uld invasion.

It's true, .45 ACP definitely won't get through Jaffa armor as well as 5.7mm will. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to have real 5.7mm, and it's very difficult to handload safely. (Or is that only in the Five-seveN? I don't know these things.) For that reason,

Just aim for the head, unless they're wearing those huge snake or bird heads, in which case you're out of luck.