PDA

View Full Version : Painting AR Furniture

RedFox12
09-22-2012, 11:10 AM
I was wondering what the best kind of method/ product to use to paint AR furniture a solid color. I have looked around the Web and heard that Krylon spray paint works well, I am planning on painting Magpul furniture for multiple rifles, any experience with this?
http://www.krylon.com/products/indooroutdoor_paint/

Thanks!

roushstage2
09-22-2012, 11:26 AM
I'd stick with Krylon Fusion if possible. It's made specifically for plastics and has an adhesion promoter built in. Clean the part real good and spray.

RedFox12
09-22-2012, 12:03 PM
+1
Thanks roushstage, that's all I wanted to know.

joelberg
09-22-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm just gonna say from experience attempting to paint motorcycle plastics with Krylon fusion, that I do not recommend it. It will chip and peel and scrub off very easily.

Paint metal parts with a good paint that will adhere to metals (there are lots of them). But don't expect your Krylon job to hold up for very long. My bet is, the first time you clean the gun after painting, and you drop a tiny bit of cleaner on the plastic, the Krylon will disappear.

I read tons of reviews that said the same thing but I tried it anyways...on 3 different motorcycles... to my own despair.

FMJBT
09-22-2012, 2:35 PM
DuraCoat adheres to plastic really well, and is extremely chemical resistant when fully cured.

roushstage2
09-22-2012, 2:39 PM
Another option, if the furniture is a light color like FDE or FG, you can use Rit dye.

smittty
09-22-2012, 2:40 PM
I used krylon several times on plastic stocks and it works well. Prep the surface properly and it will adhere to it. Regardless what paint you use it's all about the prep.

m35a2
09-23-2012, 8:41 AM
I used Rustoleum on a few. Worked good.